• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 CC |OT| - A Fraud's Penultimate Step

Status
Not open for further replies.

Respect

Brady is 2-6 in Denver. Why they are favored I will never know..

Yeah, I think a pick'em would be the better line here. If NE wins, it will probably be because they get out to a fast start and held on for dear life at the end. If it is close early and NE is unable to get ahead, won't be a good sign.

Pretty crazy that Brady is the only QB that hasn't been sacked in the playoffs.

They must have gotten Edelman back.

Fixed.

eznark

Banned
Packers are in a great spot going into 2016. Just have luxury positions to fill since the defense is pretty well set.

Loss sucks but this was a flawed team. Next year will be better.

Tom Penny

Yeah, I think a pick'em would be the better line here. If NE wins, it will probably be because they get out to a fast start and held on for dear life at the end. If it is close early and NE is unable to get ahead, won't be a good sign.

Fixed.
If the Pats are unable to go ahead i think they lose.

TheFatOne

Quick release. With Edelman back Brady can get the ball out in about 2 seconds which neutralizes the rush.

Vollmer being back also helps a shit ton.

Whatever stats you are looking at are incredibly misleading. He almost always has safety help on his side and is generally the one who has given up pretty big plays. I might be a BIT hyperbolic, but he is not "good."

He has been good most of the season. He hasn't been good the last 5 or so games though. Clearly regressed.

Godslay

Banned
So the woe over the OL is gone.

Good to hear, can't believe how often I was shouted down when I said the exact same thing with Edelman and the quick release.

bionic77

It was a great game! I'm pretty sure I posted in the thread yesterday.

Sucks they lost but I'm glad they made it competitive. And finally this year is over.

Now to hope they keep Clements.

We got actual snow yesterday so the kids and I were playing outside then went ice skating. We also went to dinner. I'll text one of you next time before living life. I sincerely apologize for not letting you guys know where I was. I appreciate the concern.
That was legit one of the best games I have ever seen. I was impartial so it was just entertaining as fuck to me but for a Cards fan especially that must have been a nightmare. They were so much better than the Packers. The Pack were only it because their qb made some of the greatest throws I have ever seen and the Cards qb was throwing exclusively to Packers. I can't decide what was more amazing. The fact that Carson put the Cardinals ahead despite throwing most of his passes directly at Packers defenders or the fact that Rodgers went the length of the field in like 50 seconds (and in fact managed the clock poorly) on basically two throws with no running after the catch.

Both of Rodgers throws at the end of the 4th were amazing. Elway could have thrown the ball that far but neither throw would have been nearly as precise.

Jeff George could have made those throws but he could not have done it scrambling to his left (or falling backwards on that hail mary). I guess Vick could have made that first throw but no way it is anywhere near the receiver.

I give Rodgers a lot of shit but I will never forget those throws. It is scary to think of what he could do if he cared about football and didn't want to be an actor.

I have to confess that Steeler loss have hit me harder that I thought, I have always like the team, even before I started been fan of the Pats, reason I'm even a Fan of the Pats is because I moved here 5 years ago and that when I started really following Football (before that I only watched a couple of SB and play Madden) this is a Patriots town 40 minutes from Foxboro, so it wasn't hard to pick a team.

I love Football and I hate Godell.
You just made me throw up all over myself.

A fan of the Steelers and the Pats?

This is unnatural. Boy I think you should seek out a priest. You may have several demons living in your body. Gronk's STD demons are only killing his body. It looks like yours have gotten into your brain.

Regarding the oline, I was surprised to see Stork and Andrews in and out of center. You would think that they would want continuity on the line.

squicken

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/01/18/cardinals-packers-hail-mary-coin-flip-nfl-divisional-playoffs

One more amazing part of this story: I believe the Eagles would ultimately have been fine with either Tom Coughlin or McAdoo as coach, and neither took the job. Coughlin, I’m told, wasn’t enthusiastic about forming a brand new coaching staff at 69 (70 next August) and wasn’t sure how his working relationship with Eagles football czar Howie Roseman would go. So the Eagles chose Andy Reid disciple and former quarterback Doug Pederson. At the end of the process, Mara said: “I’m not going to lie. It would have been like watching Bill Parcells walk out with the star on his shoulder. [Parcells coached Dallas years after leaving the Giants.] It was tough to see at the time and that would have bothered me. I want Tom to be happy but I certainly didn’t want to see him happy in green.”

TheFatOne

Good to hear, can't believe how often I was shouted down when I said the exact same thing with Edelman and the quick release.

Edelman helps, but many are under estimating the impact of Vollmer. Dude is a beast, and brings stability to the line. With him you know one of the edges is set. If he goes down you will see the oline from the Dolphins/Jets game return in a hurry even with Edelman.

eznark

Banned
Too early for this.

Plenty of cuts, retirements, etc.

Broncos (and I assume other teams) can free up large chunks of money if need be.

Peyton, Ware, Clady for instance account for $19M, $10M, $10M respectively. That's ~$40M. Which would put us at ~$60M going into next season.

This is the baseline. It won't get worse for teams as the off-season progresses, it'll improve.

Pretty crazy that Brady is the only QB that hasn't been sacked in the playoffs.

OL must have figured it out.

Been a lot of talk about it too that it's partially the effect of getting Edelman back. He's able to separate right at the line so when the blitz comes, Brady can dump it off quickly. Also having the #1 CB on Edelman means mediocre WRs like Amendola, Lafell, and Martin have to get covered by a worse player... Opens it up for Gronk too if CB needs Safety help.

O line definitely did enough to protect brady on Saturday

Wait... Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you the one shouting down whenever any Pats fans thought that they could lose to Denver midway in the season........? And then it happened basically exactly how everybody thought.

Persecution complex, but might have been someone else

I have to confess that Steeler loss have hit me harder that I thought, I have always like the team, even before I started been fan of the Pats, reason I'm even a Fan of the Pats is because I moved here 5 years ago and that when I started really following Football (before that I only watched a couple of SB and play Madden) this is a Patriots town 40 minutes from Foxboro, so it wasn't hard to pick a team.

I love Football and I hate Godell.

I only know 1 other person in MA who roots for both the Steelers and Patriots, and it's my friend's wife... She was born outside Pittsburgh but lives in MA now, so she roots for her husbands favorite team most of the time, except when Pats are head to head with Steelers.

e.g., you are my friend's wife.

Respect

So Mara - maybe don't fire coughlin if you don't want to see him in another uniform?

pY8POV.gif

bionic77

I only know 1 other person in MA who roots for both the Steelers and Patriots, and it's my friend's wife... She was born outside Pittsburgh but lives in MA now, so she roots for her husbands favorite team most of the time, except when Pats are head to head with Steelers.

e.g., you are my friend's wife.
That is not who you want as the mother of your children...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Packers are in a great spot going into 2016. Just have luxury positions to fill since the defense is pretty well set.

Loss sucks but this was a flawed team. Next year will be better.

Yeah not sure if you read our posts but most of the regulars here agreed that we played well all things considered. Our season was such a shitshow that I think most rational fans were in "just happy to be here" mode (embarrassing "packers have the most heartbreaking losses" threads aside)

Once we get the WR corps figured out and Jordy back, it should be good!

Only point of concern is old man Peppers. I know Mike Daniels has been a beast on the D Line but how many seasons can Peppers have in him? Little afraid that we'll lose that pressure up front.

Dodged the Spags' bullet at least, though I heard Chilly may be the OC

I think spags would be okay with more talent to work with.

Eagles have hired another member of Dougs staff:

@alexmarvez: Source tells @NFLonFOX that former #NFL safety & coach Tim Hauck is being hired as @Eagles DBs coach. Last with @UNLVfootball I bellieve

He is actually going to be assistant DB coach, Undlin is staying. How long until they announce Doug as the coach? The wait is so stupid.

MechDX

HC: Adam Gase
DC: Vance Joseph
OC: Clyde Christensen

Cool?

Joseph is a good hire. Liked him when he was here and hoped O'Brien would have kept him. Turned Kareem Jackson into a good corner after people were righting him off.

As for the salary cap space. With the cap rising more space isn't as high a value as I don't believe there will be many premier free agents actually hitting the market with teams having the space to resign them

effzee

I think spags would be okay with more talent to work with.

Eagles have hired another member of Dougs staff:

@alexmarvez: Source tells @NFLonFOX that former #NFL safety & coach Tim Hauck is being hired as @Eagles DBs coach. Last with @UNLVfootball I bellieve

He is actually going to be assistant DB coach, Undlin is staying. How long until they announce Doug as the coach? The wait is so stupid.

I like Undlin so happy about that.

I really do wonder if Howie is putting this staff together or Doug indicated who he wants.

Giants people saying Spags as DC in NY, and Mangini as DC in SF per Matt Barrows

Mangini better than Billy Davis. Smart by Chip. I get the feeling had Chip remained coach in Philly he would have fired Billy Davis. Might have landed Schwartz.

Man what could have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom