• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So you're telling me there's no chance?

YKI3rfu.png

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Why bother with field goals at this point?

Because the odds of making a 55 yard FG are way higher than the odds of making a Hail Mary unless your last name is Rodgers.

Of course that drive was a total disaster and they should have been in way better position than having to try a 55 yard fg in the first place.

Holy shit, between the clock management in this sorry Seahawks drive and yesterday in the Chefs game, Mike Tomlin has to be feeling pretty at home this playoffs.

I'm not trying to be pessimistic or optimistic at this point. I'm just trying to remain neutral until we see what we've got with PM.

Broncos very well could play like they did against the Colts last year, so we'll just have to wait and see.

I am hoping that that team performs well for DT as it is the first game his mom will see him play at Mile High. If you can't get inspired for this..

it was a simple question and if one were to explain it to me I would listen just fine. Not sure why I should be embarrassed here?

and I have tried Cricket, Am. Football AND Rugby (Admittedly played Am. Football very limited minutes) so I not like I don't know have any experience catching these.

Going "lol pls" is not asking for a proper answer to a question.

Cricket: the ball fits in your hand so if you've got half decent hand/eye co-ordination a lot of the time you just need to get your hand in the right place and the ball goes right in. Look at James Taylor's catch at short leg to get rid of Amla in the last test, he didn't really know much about it but because his hands were in the right place the ball went right in and his fingers wrapped around the ball. It isn't often you see fielders sprinting in the outfield and taking catches with the ball dropping over their shoulder.

Rugby: Ball is bigger but because you pass the ball backwards it's always coming at a pretty easy angle to deal with. It's basically a pitch to a halfback most of the time.

Handegg: Ball is a little trickier to handle than a rugby ball and because you're running routes down the field you've got to adjust your body and get your head round to catch the ball coming from a variety of different angles and speeds. Because the ball is so much bigger than a cricket ball you can't just put your hand in the right spot and let your fingers wrap round the ball, you need to judge the velocity properly and get your hands around the ball.

That's without getting into the fact that you've got a helmet and pads on which makes sighting the ball more difficult and impinges upon the movement of your arms, not to mention the fact that people are actively trying to take your head off the moment the ball gets to you.

You should be embarrassed because, instead of applying literally 60 seconds of thought to the issue, you went immediately to "lol lol cricketers catch a ball with no gloves on wtf are American football players doing lolol".

Which makes you look like an dumbass.

Top Bottom