• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

B.O.O.M

Going "lol pls" is not asking for a proper answer to a question.

Cricket: the ball fits in your hand so if you've got half decent hand/eye co-ordination a lot of the time you just need to get your hand in the right place and the ball goes right in. Look at James Taylor's catch at short leg to get rid of Amla in the last test, he didn't really know much about it but because his hands were in the right place the ball went right in and his fingers wrapped around the ball. It isn't often you see fielders sprinting in the outfield and taking catches with the ball dropping over their shoulder.

Rugby: Ball is bigger but because you pass the ball backwards it's always coming at a pretty easy angle to deal with. It's basically a pitch to a halfback most of the time.

Handegg: Ball is a little trickier to handle than a rugby ball and because you're running routes down the field you've got to adjust your body and get your head round to catch the ball coming from a variety of different angles and speeds. Because the ball is so much bigger than a cricket ball you can't just put your hand in the right spot and let your fingers wrap round the ball, you need to judge the velocity properly and get your hands around the ball.

That's without getting into the fact that you've got a helmet and pads on which makes sighting the ball more difficult and impinges upon the movement of your arms, not to mention the fact that people are actively trying to take your head off the moment the ball gets to you.

You should be embarrassed because, instead of applying literally 60 seconds of thought to the issue, you went immediately to "lol lol cricketers catch a ball with no gloves on wtf are American football players doing lolol".

Which makes you look like an dumbass.

Only thing here I see is you're being a complete dickwad to a simple question. We can have differing opinions on this matter easily.

Cricket: the ball usually travels faster, and being smaller also makes visibility a huge issue. Holding on to a cricket ball is harder when it's wet than holding either a rugby or a am football ball. heck unless you have midget hands holding on to a fast traveling cricketball is harder than an Am. football or a rugby ball under any condition from my experience so far. There are other positions than a short leg in cricket genius. Some catches in any sport depend on luck, just like in American football, if it gets stuck it gets stuck. Some of these so called great catches they show over and over also depend on luck. I'm not talking about those obviously. And no you DO see a lot of taken catches in cricket with fielders running around and even taking many over their shoulders while leaping! You sure you watch cricket? Sounds pretty ignorant to me. Cricketers just seem to be overall better at catching than NFL players imho. It's just based on my experiences and observations. No need to get all worked up about it.

And Rugby the ball always comes at an angle that is easy to handle it? What? Congrats you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. Have you actually played any rugby? I can't imagine anyone saying with a straight face such a statement.

I did take time to think of it and I was hoping for some feedback. Some of the points you made sense. Like the point that you mentioned in your rush to look like a douche, which was that in Am football the impending threat of physical harm could also be a factor and could affect the attention paid. Hope you feel like a real class A idiot for reacting the way you did. I'm not attacking your beloved sport for you to act like you're doing.

So far other fans here have been very helpful in making me understand rules etc better when I have a question but they did so in a civil manner which seems to be an alien concept to you. I will not engage you any further

Afrikan

And the comeback begins.

they fucked up with that 4th down call in the 2nd QTR.... everyone worries about not being aggressive...but if they went for a FG.. they would've been down 28 pts.

and maybe the offense would've played differently before that last drive and got a TD... then would've been down 21 and getting the ball back in the second half..

and now you add this TD, and it's a 14pt game.

Don't know why Pete went for it on 4th down.....I'd expect better from him there.

Oozer3993

Weren't the Bills down like 31-3 or some shit to the Oilers back in the 90s and they came back in the second half? Can't remember the exact score but shit there's still time. Panthers better not get soft

Yup. The Bills, with their backup QB, were down 32 in the third quarter. They won in overtime.

Pop

I dont know whats funnier, Joe Buck talking nonsense all game or people believing Seahawks will come back.

B.O.O.M

Anywho back to the game, hopefully Seahawks can make a game out of this. Would be too boring otherwise. I believe in you RussGawd!

Top Bottom