• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

bionic77

Should I start Big Ben Rothlisberger this week or Stafford?
This game is going to be a blowout so Ben will probably get you 15-18 thanks to the garbage time TDs in the 4th quarter.

The risk you run is if Ben gets benched when we are down 40 and Vick steals all the garbage time stats. I doubt that happens. Ben and Brown will still do ok (below average for them but ok) just thanks to the Pats pulling their starters once they get up 40. I really don't know enough about the Lions to say if Stafford is the safer bet. I know I am fucked for the first month because I have Bell and Bryant on my team.

Its going to be a horrible game and a horrible way to start the season for everyone. Pats fans are going to talk shit (even though it is bullshit that their qb cheats and gets to play while their secret agent comes on our team and bails after getting half of our team addicted to ganja while our guys are out 3-4 weeks for being trusting teammates) and Steelers fans are going to know the despair of 0-1.

I will say that seeing the Pats and Goodell both get roasted over the cheating and coverup is cheering me up a little bit.

Godslay

Banned
Sounds like Peyton wasn't wrong in being paranoid about the Pats stealing any info they could get their hands on.

But I guess he was just shook and seeing ghosts.

😂😂😂

Hammer24

Banned
But the Patriots said the allegations are false.

3sek0t1iam.gif

j-wood

no, you are definitely the first to post it. There are no other posts in this thread or on this board or even on this page about this, thank you for illuminating us.

Sounds like your salty. Pats fan?

I was only referring to the specific article. Obviously I know the cheatriots have been talked about adnausem on here.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Sounds like your salty. Pats fan?

I was only referring to the specific article. Obviously I know the cheatriots have been talked about adnausem on here.

...scroll up bro. You aint the first to post it, and people are already talking about it. If you had bothered to read the thread before posting, you could have just jumped into the conversation, instead you posted the article with no new take on it.

And no i'm a Texans fan.

j-wood

...scroll up bro. You aint the first to post it, and people are already talking about it. If you had bothered to read the thread before posting, you could have just jumped into the conversation, instead you posted the article with no new take on it.

And no i'm a Texans fan.

Well that explains the animosity since I'm a titans fan :p

My bad. I was only catching up on the new page this morning.

Crisco

Banned
This article on ESPN is amazing,

Each video sequence would usually include three shots: the down and distance, the signal, and, as an in-house joke, a tight shot of a cheerleader's top or skirt.

JPP Update:

Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN 3m3 minutes ago
Sources: Giants were encouraged by Monday's meeting with Pierre-Paul. Next step is contract discussion w/agent, possibly today.

He's supposed to have a final look see with Giants doctors today to determine if he can play. It'll be interesting to see if he suits up for week 1. I doubt that's the case.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
JPP Update:

He's supposed to have a final look see with Giants doctors today to determine if he can play. It'll be interesting to see if he suits up for week 1. I doubt that's the case.

did he have some other injury, other than blowing his hand up?

BigAT

JPP Update:

Hand aside, it's hard to imagine the guy suiting up after missing the entirety of training camp and not even having a full week of practice. How much could you really expect from him even if he was healthy?

bionic77

I have to go to my deposition but I was reading some Pats fans response to the ESPN article and most of them were insinuating that this was basically put out from ESPN to make the NFL happy.

:lol @ the idea of Goodell coveruping the extent of the cheating of the Pats from Spygate as a way to make the NFL and him look more competent.

The two things people hate the most in the NFL, Goodell and the Pats, getting defecated on is pretty amazing.

Also Shovel Knight reminded me of how amazing 2D is. But it is kind of jank compared to my all time classic 2D games. I wish we could get more big budget 2D adventure, platforming and rpgs. Never going to happen but I can dream...

Striker

Tom gone senile
See 2012 season with Snee and Diehl getting all that time playing and had forks in their back. Kuhn must do really great in practice because I don't see why he is starting at DT and Jenkins is starting at DE. I mean, you have Wynn or Selvie who can hold the edge and contain pretty decently.

Another glaring weakness is slot corner, because Romo will target Hosley every chance he gets and complete every pass.

Crisco

Banned
So many choice quotes in this article,

Looking back on it, several former Patriots coaches insist that spying helped them most against less sophisticated teams -- the Dolphins and Bills chief among them -- whose coaches didn't bother changing their signals.

WedgeX

Banned
I think I forgot about the stragglers draft...whoops.

Go Lions! Boo bears and pack. Meh the Vikings.

I am going to my wife's native packerland for the first time this November. Never been north of Milwaukee. I hope they do not turn me into cheese.

Dragon

Banned
I have to go to my deposition but I was reading some Pats fans response to the ESPN article and most of them were insinuating that this was basically put out from ESPN to make the NFL happy.

:lol @ the idea of Goodell coveruping the extent of the cheating of the Pats from Spygate as a way to make the NFL and him look more competent.

The two things people hate the most in the NFL, Goodell and the Pats, getting defecated on is pretty amazing.

Also Shovel Knight reminded me of how amazing 2D is. But it is kind of jank compared to my all time classic 2D games. I wish we could get more big budget 2D adventure, platforming and rpgs. Never going to happen but I can dream...

Bionic, Shovel Knight has been out for like a year and a half. SMH.

I'd say the stuff Mortensen wrote about Deflategate initially has never been retracted. Which is poor poor journalism at best. I would be more pissed about that than any fluff piece. Although it's well known that ESPN is so in bed with leagues that one has to wonder about its bias.

Draxal

See 2012 season with Snee and Diehl getting all that time playing and had forks in their back. Kuhn must do really great in practice because I don't see why he is starting at DT and Jenkins is starting at DE. I mean, you have Wynn or Selvie who can hold the edge and contain pretty decently.

Another glaring weakness is slot corner, because Romo will target Hosley every chance he gets and complete every pass.

My favorite was when O'Hara came back for the least game of a season when he clearly wasn't ready to play, and got Seubert hurt.

Trey

Seahawks are my NFC team once again after signing Freddy. I hope he contributes to another super bowl run.

Godslay

Banned
I see that Pats fan Dr. Forrester is rooting on the Pats in that Spygate OT.

We made the right choice to blackball him from Broncos Gaf.

Top Bottom