• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

bionic77

😂

My god.

Bill Belichik gives opposing teams warm Gatorade!

Ball boys are standing too close to opposing coaches!

Fumble rate (debunked months ago) percentage lower!

What the fuck are we trying to achieve here
That was not actually debunked.

538 agreed that their fumble rate was pretty much impossible.

Remember how Pat fans went ape shit in the thread where people said Brady was a Trump supporter? Weird how Pats fans are blind and dumb to anything other than the PR coming out of Foxboro and Bill Simmons twitter page.

Good morning!

COYkOPAWsAA3qdc.jpg:large

Shirtless Watt.

This is important.

Narag

Maybe the league made copies before they destroyed them. Maybe destroying the tapes was all just a big show to try and get people to shut up about the cheating.

They never destroyed them but kept them safely hidden as a nuclear option should the pats ever go rogue.

FTF

This game is going to be a blowout so Ben will probably get you 15-18 thanks to the garbage time TDs in the 4th quarter.

The risk you run is if Ben gets benched when we are down 40 and Vick steals all the garbage time stats. I doubt that happens. Ben and Brown will still do ok (below average for them but ok) just thanks to the Pats pulling their starters once they get up 40. I really don't know enough about the Lions to say if Stafford is the safer bet. I know I am fucked for the first month because I have Bell and Bryant on my team.

Its going to be a horrible game and a horrible way to start the season for everyone. Pats fans are going to talk shit (even though it is bullshit that their qb cheats and gets to play while their secret agent comes on our team and bails after getting half of our team addicted to ganja while our guys are out 3-4 weeks for being trusting teammates) and Steelers fans are going to know the despair of 0-1.

I will say that seeing the Pats and Goodell both get roasted over the cheating and coverup is cheering me up a little bit.

I don't know why you think this game is going to be such a blowout. Ben, Antonio and that passing game should be able to do very well against the Pats secondary and Brady has been distracted and bound to be a little rusty. Yes I think the Pats will win, but a close(r) game around a 7-10pt win.

bionic77

Yea I can't believe the NFL and ESPN would rather this be the main talking point going into the season.
The Steelers are about to get embarrassed in the first game of the season by a team we all hate.

You are a fan of a team that has no idea what they are going to do on offense.

I welcome this early distraction and you might be happy about it too after Sunday!

Godslay

Banned
😂

My god.

Bill Belichik gives opposing teams warm Gatorade!

Ball boys are standing too close to opposing coaches!

Fumble rate (debunked months ago) percentage lower!

What the fuck are we trying to achieve here

This was never debunked, in fact the opposite is true.

The Patriots offense fumble rate is 2 standard deviations from the mean, which is the general definition of a statistical outlier. No other team is close to that.

Whether that's tied to deflated balls or something else is conjecture.

Dragon

Banned
The Steelers are about to get embarrassed in the first game of the season by a team we all hate.

You are a fan of a team that has no idea what they are going to do on offense.

I welcome this early distraction and you might be happy about it too after Sunday!

I don't think either team is particularly good. But the Steelers have more talent on offense. Don't know why this would be a blowout. Unless you're trying to play like it is so you're happier when your team wins. Which is perfectly acceptable!

bionic77

I don't know why you think this game is going to be such a blowout. Ben, Antonio and that passing game should be able to do very well against the Pats secondary and Brady has been distracted and bound to be a little rusty. Yes I think the Pats will win, but a close(r) game around a 7-10pt win.
The Pats defense, even as subpar as it will be this year, is going to be a lot better than our defense. Especially on opening night.

The guy who potentially makes our offense special is gone. We had Brown before Bell as well and our offense did not light the world on fire week to week even though Browns stats were amazing.

For us to win this game we need a dominant performance on defense, we need our backup RBs to block really well, and we need our 3rd and 4th receivers to make up for the absence of Bryant. We also need our coach to really have us prepared for the shortcoming of our team.

Be real bro. None of those things are going to happen, least of all Tomlin having us prepared. At best we get one of those things to go our way. Our shitbag coaches are going to call the game like we are at full strength because that is what we do. We dumb like that!

No one would be happier about the Steelers coming out on top, but I know that shit ain't happening!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So this changes nothing.

Exactly. We already knew this stuff was happening. Patriots fans will continue to deny it and pretend that everybody in the universe is against them. Goodell continues to be terrible.

Literally nothing has changed.

Godslay

Banned
I'm not a pats hater, and really don't care for the hating much. But when there's this much smoke and continued allegations something has to be up. All of this isn't coming from nothing

The smoke led to a fire. Twice at the minimum.

1. Spygate. Fined and punished for taping, illegal communication manipulation, and now information about underlings carrying out information stealing and an NFL cover up.

2. Deflategate. Fined and punished. Underlings illegally handling and disappearing with footballs. Which is a rules violation.

These two cannot be denied.

bionic77

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/fivethirtyeight-dissects-the-deflategate-report/

Weird how the science from 538 shows something fishy going down!

P.S. Neither of us understand anything they are talking about. You want to believe the Pats are innocent because you are drawn to evil people and want to believe they are heroes. I want to believe the Pats are guilty because it fits into my classical theological narrative of good guys and bad guys and also 15 years of real world experience.

Wrayfield

If the Patriots were doing this shit for nearly a decade or longer, got away with it, and the NFL basically helped them cover it up, can you really call it cheating? I'm not pissed at the Patriots, I'm pissed at my own team for not trying to pull the same stunts.

Not for trying to do the same shit but for not changing signals more often and be careful about material and such. If "everyone" was aware something was up for a decade, fucking make it at least difficult for them to get an advantage.

Bread

Banned
holy shit losing the deflategate case must have seriously embarrassed the nfl, that was a straight up hit piece.

Crisco

Banned
I'm not a Pats hater either. Frankly, after the Panthers lost to them in XXXVIII, it was easier to internalize it as barely losing to a historically great team/coach/QB than anything else. I even rooted for them against the Eagles and later the Giants because I enjoy seeing greatness in sports. But it's hard to ignore the mountain of evidence, some admittedly circumstantial but a lot of it concrete, exhibiting wrongdoing. Pats fans will call it sour grapes, but for me it's really just disappointing that this stuff has made it impossible to celebrate them like great dynasties in other sports.

Godslay

Banned
holy shit losing the deflategate case must have seriously embarrassed the nfl, that was a straight up hit piece.

Is it though?

Made Goodell look incompetent more than anyone else.

Main writer is also a well respected investigative journalist, who went to school in Boston as well.

Cornbread78

The NFL propaganda battle has been juiced up today I see. This is what happens when you fu(k with the NFL mafia boss Goodell. Time to get more quality reports from Mort. and Peter King. Bring on the quality reporting NFL. Your messages are being heard..

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Is it though?

Made Goodell look incompetent more than anyone else.

Main writer is also a well respected investigative journalist, who went to school in Boston as well.

I haven't read it and I don't care to, but the timing is dubious at best, at best.

MechDX

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout · 1m1 minute ago
"If (Deflategate) was about Andy Dalton, we wouldn't give it two segments." @ColinCowherd is right.

See what you slapdicks have done? I also agree with Cowherd

Top Bottom