• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

this_guy

The Bills re-signed Matt Cassell at a significantly lower cost. That's not surprising. But according to sports radio here in Houston, they offered him more money than the Texans. Texans could have had all of Brady's backups on the team.

Trey

The Bills re-signed Matt Cassell at a significantly lower cost. That's not surprising. But according to sports radio here in Houston, they offered him more money than the Texans. Texans could have had all of Brady's backups on the team.

having Matt Simms any where near the possibility of getting under center is too scary a though to bear.

JABEE

Oh what a day to move on from Pats-Hate!!!!

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!

Fuck the cheating Pats!

MechDX

Love O'Brien but I would be lying if I wasn't worried right now we are entering "recycled QB hell". Where you keep signing these failed vets year after year and never actually move forward

Truly sad thing is we have everything else you need to be a serious contender.

this_guy

Love O'Brien but I would be lying if I wasn't worried right now we are entering "recycled QB hell". Where you keep signing these failed vets year after year and never actually move forward

Truly sad thing is we have everything else you need to be a serious contender.

Agreed. Don't need Bob to be loyal (to anything and everything Pats) to a fault like how Kubiak was.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I see that Pats fan Dr. Forrester is rooting on the Pats in that Spygate OT.

We made the right choice to blackball him from Broncos Gaf.

Stabbing a fellow Bronco's fan in the back...

I'd rather be a blackballed Bronco's fan than a Bronco's fan who acts as badly as a Raiders fan.

effzee

Bionic, Shovel Knight has been out for like a year and a half. SMH.

I'd say the stuff Mortensen wrote about Deflategate initially has never been retracted. Which is poor poor journalism at best. I would be more pissed about that than any fluff piece. Although it's well known that ESPN is so in bed with leagues that one has to wonder about its bias.

This article mentions how it was incorrect and reported by ESPN.

But let's hang on to that because you know its a big conspiracy by the NFL! They wanted to catch the Pats and destroy them!

Dragon

Banned
This article mentions how it was incorrect and reported by ESPN.

But let's hang on to that because you know its a big conspiracy by the NFL! They wanted to catch the Pats and destroy them!

? I mean it's pretty clear the NFL didn't know what they were doing regarding Deflategate. Whether you attribute that to incompetence or targeting who knows. They just look like clowns.

Seriously though, you may want to calm down. Moving on from something that happened 11 or 12 years ago is probably healthy!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
These are the things that Pats fans have refused to even acknowledge in the past. They attempt to portray Spygate as nothing but the Patriots videotaping signals in the middle of the game, a simple misinterpretation of the rules.

That was purely a surface offense, the real cheating was far more insidious and harmful, but it was never talked about as openly as it should have been.

It's obvious that Kr*ft and Goodell made a pact. Part of that agreement was Goodell saying that if he caught them cheating again, he'd hammer them. Uncle Rog was trying to protect the shield, but instead let the P*ts continue to cheat.

Crisco

Banned
If the Patriots were doing this shit for nearly a decade or longer, got away with it, and the NFL basically helped them cover it up, can you really call it cheating? I'm not pissed at the Patriots, I'm pissed at my own team for not trying to pull the same stunts.

effzee

The level of outrage and hyperbole is these posts is so fucking comical.

Yes comical hahaha. I'd love to see Pats fans react to losing out on a SB cause the opponent cheated.

Everything in that article from Walsh, Martz, Panthers, Eagles, Specter, the side conversations, the accusations, Mangini, and history of documented cheating is damming as hell but LOL the reaction of the fans is comical and overblown.

Yeah ok.

gutshot

? I mean it's pretty clear the NFL didn't know what they were doing regarding Deflategate. Whether you attribute that to incompetence or targeting who knows. They just look like clowns.

The NFL are clowns. Luckily for you, otherwise the Patriots wouldn't have been able to get away with all of this for years and years and likely would not have won 3 Super Bowls in the process.

Dragon

Banned
Yes comical hahaha. I'd love to see Pats fans react to losing out on a SB cause the opponent cheated.

Everything in that article from Walsh, Martz, Panthers, Eagles, Specter, the side conversations, the accusations, Mangini, and history of documented cheating is damming as hell but LOL the reaction of the fans is comical and overblown.

Yeah ok.

You lost a SB because your team had a choking QB and an injured TO. Like, that's the situation. If you can't deal with the fact that the Patriots were a better team all year than that Eagles team and beat them in the SB that's not my problem. Be salty all you want, it's fucking comical.

The NFL are clowns. Luckily for you, otherwise the Patriots wouldn't have been able to get away with all of this for years and years and likely would not have won 3 Super Bowls in the process.

Of course. Patriots have been an awful football team for years. Thanks for reminding me!

effzee

Seriously though, you may want to calm down. Moving on from something that happened 11 or 12 years ago is probably healthy!

That the NFL failed a 2nd time to catch and properly punish the Pats is irrelevant. If you want to hold on to that while ignoring what the organization does (hint cheats) then so be it.

Move on how when this was just revealed in a new article? Careers, jobs, and legacies were destroyed by the Pats on their way to cheating for rings but lol people should get over it.

bionic77

Both things can be true.

The NFL could be a bunch of very rich bungling assholes who can barely take a piss without fucking up an entire bathroom and the Patriots could be a organization that is founded on a policy of breaking the rules and systemic cheating.

Also weird how the NFL could be so wrong about the Pats cheating with air pressure but the investigation into their past cheating was rock solid and worthy of everyones belief! You can't have it both ways Pats fans!

That deposition was amazing. Me and the other attorney both agreed that this witness knew nothing very quickly.

Also regarding shovel knight I don't have time for games anymore brah. Family and busy with work. I saw MI 5 I know what you IT guys do now. Most of us are not blessed to get paid well to play video games all day at work.

MechDX

notThisShitAgain.gif

In a alternate universe the Browns didn't move, Bill is still the coach. We win superbowls, And all these cheating allegations are against the Browns. Jabee Hates us and prosperity reigns in the Cleve.
Gotor is still A jags fan in that universe though

Mudcrab

I still can't believe NFL reps literally stomped on the Spygate tapes before some Pats lawyer came in to pick up the pieces off the floor.

Dragon

Banned
That the NFL failed a 2nd time to catch and properly punish the Pats is irrelevant. If you want to hold on to that while ignoring what the organization does (hint cheats) then so be it.

Move on how when this was just revealed in a new article? Careers, jobs, and legacies were destroyed by the Pats on their way tuck cheating for rings but lol people should get over it.

I'm not ignoring anything? The whole thing is just exhausting. And I just don't particularly trust ESPN when it comes to any of this stuff. I don't care that they criticized Goodell. Anyone with a brain would do that. It doesn't change the fact they have a vested interest in continuing the story, after it's clearly been over.

Both things can be true.

The NFL could be a bunch of very rich bungling assholes who can barely take a piss without fucking up an entire bathroom and the Patriots could be a organization that is founded on a policy of breaking the rules and systemic cheating.

Also weird how the NFL could be so wrong about the Pats cheating with air pressure but the investigation into their past cheating was rock solid and worthy of everyones belief! You can't have it both ways Pats fans!

That deposition was amazing. Me and the other attorney both agreed that this witness knew nothing very quickly.

Also regarding shovel knight I don't have time for games anymore brah. Family and busy with work. I saw MI 5 I know what you IT guys do now. Most of us are not blessed to get paid well to play video games all day at work.

The science in the Wells report was bogus. That's pretty clear. As far as Spygate, we've been over it many many times, I don't know what else there is to say about it. I've never shied away from the Patriots culpability.

I think the Shovel Knight expansion is coming soon, so be on the lookout for that!

BTW I hate being called an "IT guy". I'm a web developer or computer programmer. I always think of IT as more of Desktop Support, Networking, etc. That's just a personal thing though I'm pretty sure.

bionic77

Bill Simmons' Twitter.... DAT SALT.
Be interesting to see how his career goes now that he is not part of ESPN.

He was fucking terrible on tv which seems to be what he is trying to focus on now. He was much better at the behind the scenes stuff (ie 30 for 30). He is kind of a horrible analyst, he has a bad tv personality and his jokes are pretty horrible on air. Its a lot harder to be a pretend stand up than I think he thinks it is. And he is going to get ostracized as a journalist if he doesn't keep to the company line and becomes an insane ranting homer (like me). That shit works on a message board but as much as he bitched about ESPN controlling his jokes and content, you need to do that when working with giant corporations.

He has a big enough audience that he can keep things going for a long time, but he is just going to eventually be an outside who knows less than nothing if he doesn't eventually tone his shit down. You can apply the same scrutiny to every sports league and find that they are all run by corrupt morons, but that hurts the sports which is ultimately the job of the media to sell and promote. Thats what sports reporters are paid to do...

Crisco

Banned
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 5m5 minutes ago
And I'm happy for the Colts - who kept blowing big games to NE until Polian got the NFL to change the passing rules, but now have an excuse.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 7m7 minutes ago
And I'm happy for the Eagles - who fell apart down stretch in SB39 like they did in 20 other McNabb/Reid games but now have a good excuse.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 8m8 minutes ago
And I'm happy for Rams - who scored a TD on their only SB36 red zone appearance but can now blame the Pats for stealing red zone signals.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 9m9 minutes ago
I'm just happy the 2001 Steelers can blame stolen signals for losing and not their special teams breakdown or Kordell shitting the bed.

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 2m2 minutes ago
And I'm happy for Carolina - went 14-18 in the seasons before & after SB38, heavy underdogs in 03 playoffs, but somehow robbed of a title.

Top Bottom