• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

RBH

I am thinking about joining one of the fantasy leagues to educate myself better about the game. The OP has three. Which one is the best for someone new to fantasy football?

The three leagues in the OP are not "traditional" fantasy leagues, as they involve predicting the winning teams during each week of the regular season. A traditional fantasy league involves picking your own team of players and then monitoring the players from week to week. As far as the links in the OP, the survival league involves you predicting one winning team per week. If you correctly predict a winning team in Week 1, then you move on to Week 2 and predict a different winning team. If you end up picking a losing team, then you're automatically eliminated from the league. The one person who survives the longest without picking a losing team wins the league. For the other two leagues (the Pick'Em leagues), you predict the winners of all of the games each week and there is no elimination. For you, I think you should choose the first pick'em league in the OP. Just make sure to enter all of your picks before the games start in 45 minutes.

RBH

I thought that football started at 12:00.

I was all ready and everything :(

pXUoHt9.gif

MechDX

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 34s34 seconds ago
Brian Hoyer standing at the entrance giving fives to every #Texans player coming on the field

Must be apologizing early for the shit show

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 34s34 seconds ago
Brian Hoyer standing at the entrance giving fives to every #Texans player coming on the field

Must be apologizing early for the shit show

Just accept him as the leader of your team. I mean, have you seen how early he comes in every day?

JPP update:

The New York Giants feel the damage to Jason Pierre-Paul's right hand was worse than they were led to believe, sources told ESPN.com, and after the team got a chance to examine him last week, there are people in the organization who fear he might not be able to return to the field at all this year.

One source said that, in addition to the missing right index finger, fractured thumb and skin grafts, a portion of one of the other fingers on Pierre-Paul's right hand is missing.

The Giants have no plans at this time to rescind Pierre-Paul's franchise tender, mainly because it's not costing them anything. Until he signs it, they don't have to pay him. And if he were to sign it, they could place him on the non-football injury list, which at this point would end his season. If he is on NFI, the team can elect not to pay him, and the likelihood of Pierre-Paul winning a grievance would be low, since he admitted to a non-football injury.

Stupid fireworks may have cost him his career at this point.:/

They are supposed to re-evaluate in 6 weeks.

MechDX

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 1m1 minute ago
Jadeveon Clowney put on 15 lbs. of muscle over the offseason. #Texans are pleased with his explosion off the line from what I hear.

Tom Penny

This is awesome.

At a time when Washington isn’t willing to do the smart thing and cut quarterback Robert Griffin III, they’re doing a mind-boggling thing. Via Jeff Darlington of NFL Media, Griffin spent time this week playing on the scout team. As a safety.

Spinluck

It is…never improve the defense, hope QB bails you out every big game, pray for maybe 1 Super Bowl.

The defense kind of bailed Manning out his SB winning year outside of that Pats game which was like the clutchest Peyton has ever been in a post season game.

I think Luck just needs a more solid team, can't think of many young QBs who carried a team like that without much help. Too many forced throws and TOs is what kills him in the post season where teams can really play.

squicken

Already posted. Hey did you get the link I tweeted you? Cosell's breakdown of Watt's play?

Thanks, I did see that. Thought I sent something back, but guess not. Cosell is really good with his breakdowns in being informative but also entertaining. He does a lot with the Eagles' website, which is cool

MechDX

The defense kind of bailed Manning out his SB winning year outside of that Pats game which was like the clutchest Peyton has ever been in a post season game.

I think Luck just needs a more solid team, can't think of many young QBs who carried a team like that without much help. Too many forced throws and TOs is what kills him in the post season where teams can really play.

nick-saban-03b1aa13a6dc63ff.jpg

"I could coach the shit out of the Luck kid."

MechDX

You but I have read stuff talking about Meyer and Saban coming to Indy lol. At this point, Caldwell would be a better option. He could at least develop Luck.

Get Irsay on a coke bender
Give Grigson a lifetime contract
Hire Saban on a 10 year guaranteed deal
?????
Profit

Narag

Sources said Pagano was “insulted” by the one-year extension Irsay offered after last season -- which included a salary virtually identical to what the coach is making in 2015. Under Pagano the Colts have reached the postseason three straights years, including a trip to the AFC Championship Game in January. Pagano's meeting with Irsay was very brief -- Irsay intimated he was insulted by the coach's response to his offer -- and talks never progressed, with the owner later publically exclaiming he would not be doing new deals in 2015 for his head coach or his franchise quarterback, Andrew Luck.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...pear-numbered-as-friction-with-colts-gm-grows

Crazy. Had injuries, looked like he was rounding back into form last season, then he literally blows it all away,

Im torn between feeling bad for him as a person and feeling like we desperately needed him this season. This is a defense without names. There's a combination of youth and seasoned vets but the vets are either middling or injured and the youth is very unproven. Maybe they surprise, but I have the feeling that Eli and the offense are going to have to put up a lot of points....

Top Bottom