• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

Drakeon

Dunno what Wade Phillips does, but his defenses Year 1 are so good

Houston had a title-tier D the year TJ Yates happened. Loss of Cushing was also big

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Denver has the best defense in the league with Wade calling plays and the talent they have on defense.

What football needs is more 5 minute stoppages on every play to argue penalties.
What football needs is to get shit right. They insist on making up all of these rules that have hairline differences between what's legal and what's illegal, but don't bother making sure they enforce them with any sort of regularity.

BearPawB

Banned
Trying not to get too excited about Mariota because the Bucs looked just awful.
But I am thinking several people may have underrated us this season

Miracle

Lol I love how bias this announcer was.

Winston: "Well you know, he showed a lot of toughness out there, and showed some flashes of brilliance out there, etc etc"

Mariota: *has a perfect QB rating in his first NFL game* "Well, he's smiling now but he's gonna have a lot of tough days ahead of him."

Who's ready for some Tony Romo??

XdlF6TK.png

fuck yeah bitch

Meier

Lol I love how bias this announcer was.

Winston: "Well you know, he showed a lot of toughness out there, and showed some flashes of brilliance out there, etc etc"

Mariota: *has a perfect QB rating in his first NFL game* "Well, he's smiling now but he's gonna have a lot of tough days ahead of him."

Seems he's basically just trying to manage expectations. Some defenses will (should) be ready for his pop passes.

Jarnet87

Not watching the sunday night game. no fantasy impact for me, don't give a fuck. This is what the Bucs do to me, need time away from foosball.

Doorman

It's for me and the NFL is still on notice. 1 game out of 16. Tough road loss that we should've won but those happen.

I'm sorry, but if your team gives up 30 unanswered points and your highly-touted offense only puts up 14 in the whole game, no, you shouldn't win.

I appreciate the optimism and I agree with your sentiment about going too conservative too early, but the problem is...what evidence to we have to suggest that those issues will be corrected, when they're the same issues we've run underfoot of for years now? Stafford hasn't learned, Lombardi hasn't learned, and without Levy I'm still very suspect of our defense, the linebacking corps and the back seven in particular. I suppose hope springs eternal, but it feels like that's about all that's on our side at the moment.

Top Bottom