• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Once in New England, once in Houston.

I think your memory fails you. The Pats signed Hoyer as an undrafted FA in like 09, then drafted Mallet in 11, then released or traded hoyer to the browns 3 years ago, then traded mallet to Houston last year. If anyone took Mallets job as a backup to Tammy, its Jimmy G.

ShaneB

Had a rant typed out but I can't even bother. Just useless.

Fun round of golf today. Time to watch the ATN podcast and enjoy listening to 4 guys have a great time talking about football and accept their word as gospel.

Shame about PFF going private. People will have to actually form an opinion of their own instead of just seeing grades other people post.

They interfering with mah brain waves!

They have been doing the same to Tomlin since he became coach of the Steelers.

Its the only explanation for the stupidity of that post.

P.S. Sorry bros, I don't get the time I used to to fact and spell check my posts. This shit is typed up fast and with at best one eye on the screen when I type it. Its even worse on the phone!

This is my jakncoke moment. I can do better. I will do better.

I am going to remember this low moment when the Steelers win their 8th Superbowl against the Toronto Rapters. I dedicate the new bionic77 who vows to make better posts with less mistakes to the Steelers soon to be historic 8th SB later this year!

If they somehow make it 8 Super Bowls.. I might consider suicide along with the rest of Browns-GAF. So the Basketball team became the football team in Toronto? Is Kave now a raptor fan? Even as a fan in this alternate reality Kave still loses

Good good

was about to unfriend you

So that would have been the final straw huh Dega.. This would have ended our relationship. If you would have ended it over that.. I'd have flown to Houston and found the nearest corgi and thrown an onion at it.

Colasante

I think your memory fails you. The Pats signed Hoyer as an undrafted FA in like 09, then drafted Mallet in 11, then released or traded hoyer to the browns 3 years ago, then traded mallet to Houston last year. If anyone took Mallets job as a backup to Tammy, its Jimmy G.

Hoyer was Brady's backup in 2011, with Mallett as third string. Mallett beat out Hoyer for the backup gig in 2012, and Hoyer went to Pittsburgh, then to Arizona, and ended up with Cleveland in 2013. Mallett was traded because the Patriots didn't want to carry three quarterbacks and they saw enough from Garoppolo to feel confident with him as the #2 quarterback. So the only time Hoyer has beaten out Mallett was this offseason, and it seemingly was only because he could manage the offense more consistently. There's no reason to think Mallett is going to light it up, but anyone writing him off entirely after two starts, and using the Patriots trading him as evidence of him not being a good player, is silly.

Striker

A missed holding call vs some shitstain purposefully targeting Romo's back and trying to end his career. Good comparison there.
Late in the third quarter, the Cowboys faced a 3rd-and-4 from the Giants 18-yard line. Tony Romo a lofted a pass to the end zone for Terrance Williams. Giants cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie leapt and batted the ball away, seemingly forcing a fourth-down and a field goal attempt.

But Rodgers-Cromartie was called for pass interference on the play.

"(The official) said it was iffy," Rodgers-Cromartie said. "He said when I was going for the ball I used his shoulder to jump off of him.
http://gfycat.com/ImpishMagnificentEmeraldtreeskink

RBH

The Falcons are the No. 17 most valuable of the 32 teams in the league, worth an estimated $1.67 billion. That’s up 48 percent over 2014 and that means Arthur Blank has more than doubled his investment of $545 million to buy the team in 2002.

The Falcons brought in $303 million in revenue and generated $25.4 million in operating income last year.

"The cost of the Falcons new stadium has doubled to $1.5 billion since it was first proposed four years ago. Taxpayers will pay $200 million and the NFL has committed $200 million. Team owner Arthur Blank is on the hook for the remainder, including any cost overruns. The new stadium will be operated by the Falcons and will also be the home of Atlanta United FC, the expansion Major League Soccer team owned by Blank that will begin playing in 2017, the same year the new stadium opens. An $850 million loan put together by Bank of America is being used by Blank to build his new stadium. Mercedes-Benz inked a 27-year deal in August for naming rights to the new building."

Here’s how the Falcons’ NFC South rivals compare:
No. 19 Carolina Panthers -- $1.56 billion
No. 23 New Orleans Saints -- $1.52 billion
No. 24 Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- $1.51 billion

The Dallas Cowboys remain the most valuable NFL franchise with an estimated value of $4 billion.
http://www.forbes.com/teams/atlanta-falcons/

Only lost your five best players on D!
I love me some justin smith but he was playing hurt, aldon wasnt on the field enough to make an impact , willis only played like five games, borland being gone is easily offset by bowman coming back, the only part of the d im worried about is the cbs, but as far as front 7 and safeties go they are going to be fun

Grapes too.

I'm learning a lot today. I thought it was only chocolate.. Dega.. Do you hate chocolate and grapes? I'm thinking I am going to find out one day Dega really is a dog behind a computer running the thread with hundreds of alts.. Then he's gonna send Pyramid Head after me because I know the truth.

Note to self.. If I ever want to poison Dega.. Do these things.. Gotcha.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
We're just located in an area people actually want to be.

#7 Houston Texans. Suck it.

also these ratings are getting ridiculous, I feel like it was only just a few years ago the first NFL teams were deemed worth over 1 billion.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, this is my first Monday Night Football game since ditching cable.

I see having Verizon lets you stream all national, primetime games. Should I have any problem steaming my phone through my TV tonight?

eznark

Banned

Hallett was the unsuited 3 when Hoyer was 2 in 2012.

jmdajr

So, this is my first Monday Night Football game since ditching cable.

I see having Verizon lets you stream all national, primetime games. Should I have any problem steaming my phone through my TV tonight?

Nope. I was able to watch everything yesterday.

Just make sure the app is updated.

Because of all the hate he gets, dude is a great QB.

Gotcha.. When Cowboys fans butch sometimes about him.. I wanna point to the infamous jersey and go.. It can always be worse.

I don't think he's trash but "burn the niners d to the ground"? Lol he's not some elite qb. He's a middle of the road qb who had a decent rookie year.... just like Christian ponder

I think he is an above average qb who will develop into a good qb.. I think he will have a decent night though and the vikebike will win. Sorry FMT

Wrayfield

Btw, I watched the Dolphins game on a Spanish-language channel (on vacation right now, ahem). Fucking loved it. The monotony of US/UK commentary is easily beat by someone talking about the enne-effe-ele trying to win the super tazón.

I am honestly not joking, might switch to Spanish altogether.

Somebody needs a taco

Bhaybo1l.jpg

Yea and that somebody is me

I don't think he's trash but "burn the niners d to the ground"? Lol he's not some elite qb. He's a middle of the road qb who had a decent rookie year.... just like Christian ponder

I disagree. I think he very well was the best QB out of that draft, or at the very least just as good as Bortles. He is leagues ahead of Manziel is terms of talent. He only fell as far as he did thanks to an off pro day, and large amounts of unwarranted nitpicking.

As for Ponder.... that guy was a 3rd or 4th round QB at best that the Vikings reached on, and they paid the price. Teddy could start for any number of teams in the NFL, Ponder can't even land a job as a 3rd stringer. I don't see how you could compare the two.

Top Bottom