• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

Narag

Was never going to happen. Carr would have had ridiculous pressure here because of his brother. Texans did him a favor not drafting him

I really don't know what.Houston can do to fix their QB situation. Feels like a revolving door of coaches propping up their guys as projects.

Problem with that he was a free agent after this past season. How much exactly are you paying a back up? Cheaper to draft another prospect and have his rights for 3 tears at minimal

Yea they'd have kept him so they could get rid of tom brady, he's been playing like ass.

They'd have kept him if it meant that it provides stability for the position in the future (which considering our team's history at that position.. It's kind of important to be stable there.) If he isn't the guy that can potentially carry the load for him them when (Father Time is undefeated) Brady starts to hit his downward slump.

If you think he can lead your franchise in the future, keep him. You need a guy who can at least manage the offense and Mallett has shown in the snaps he has that he can.

The fact that they were willing to let him walk shows that

1) he isn't that.
2) they can replace him which shows how much they think of his talent.

He isn't that good guys .. Savage might be though (we will see next year) Should he start over Hoyer .. Yes. Should we think that he will be the missing link that can potentially lead the Houston to playoffs with what I have seen from him (including his college career) No. I don't currently. He might prove me and detractors wrong.

cdyhybrid

Go Falcons

Get loud, ATL!

A4Nlbq8.jpg

He was playing against arguably the best D-line in the league with a struggling O-line in front of him. So many unblocked guys. Look at the Twitter timeline I linked earlier.

He turned so many 3-5 yard losses into no-gains.

This is an excuse we Niners fans used to give for Gore too. Outside of the first two seasons during the Harbaugh years, Gore has run behind an average to below average offensive line.

jmdajr

I really don't know what.Houston can do to fix their QB situation. Feels like a revolving door of coaches propping up their guys as projects.

To be fair they did make something out of Schoob. No one knew diddly about noodle arm but we get some decent mileage out of him. No one we have is better than MAX Schaub though.

cdyhybrid

This is an excuse we Niners fans used to give for Gore too. Outside of the first two seasons during the Harbaugh years, Gore has run behind an average to below average offensive line.

He played against the Rams' D-line every week?

I'm not saying there's zero chance he's done, I'm saying last week was certainly not usable as evidence. And the Niner's lines were never as bad as ours.

eznark

Banned

Seahawks o-line grades from yesterday:

LT Russell Okung: -4.6
LG Justin Britt: -4.8
C Drew Nowak: +0.2
RG J.R. Sweezy: -6.8
RT Garry Gilliam*: -11.1 (!!!!)

Give me a break judging anything else about the offense after a performance like that.

Tom Penny

Somebody has to be lying about the Giants debacle. Somebody told jennings to not make it a two possession game with two minutes left then couple that with a pass play after that? They need to test Coughlin to see if he senile.

Zeke

I didn't forget I just assumed he got cut or something. Anyway I'm interested in seeing the eagles oline and what Bradford can do.

bionic77

Eagles bros don't take this personally but with Tebow off your team I am rooting for the Niners.

Not because I support murder or thuggery (at which Niner fans are the clear undisputed champs for the past 15 years and running), but because we play the Niners next week at less than full strength and I don't want them to be too desperate.

I want the Steelers to be the only desperate team to take the field and Kap to be filming his next Beats commercial and not paying attention to the other shit that is not as important, like keeping his job and having a winning season.

I want you to know that if we were not playing the Niners next week I would probably be rooting for the Eagles.

MechDX

They'd have kept him if it meant that it provides stability for the position in the future (which considering our team's history at that position.. It's kind of important to be stable there.) If he isn't the guy that can potentially carry the load for him them when (Father Time is undefeated) Brady starts to hit his downward slump.

If you think he can lead your franchise in the future, keep him. You need a guy who can at least manage the offense and Mallett has shown in the snaps he has that he can.

The fact that they were willing to let him walk shows that

1) he isn't that.
2) they can replace him which shows how much they think of his talent.

He isn't that good guys .. Savage might be though (we will see next year) Should he start over Hoyer .. Yes. Should we think that he will be the missing link that can potentially lead the Houston to playoffs with what I have seen from him (including his college career) No. I don't currently. He might prove me and detractors wrong.

No one has said he is going to light the world on fire. He is a better option than Hoyer and at the minimum has unknown upside.

But this is NEO GAF. Can't forget the narrative

eznark

Banned
Eagles bros don't take this personally but with Tebow off your team I am rooting for the Niners.

Not because I support murder or thuggery (at which Niner fans are the clear undisputed champs for the past 15 years and running), but because we play the Niners next week at less than full strength and I don't want them to be too desperate.

I want the Steelers to be the only desperate team to take the field and Kap to be filming his next Beats commercial and not paying attention to the other shit that is not as important, like keeping his job and having a winning season.

I want you to know that if we were not playing the Niners next week I would probably be rooting for the Eagles.

Are you drunk?

:jnc

Pepiope

We don't play the Niners. The Vikings play the Niners. Jak?

gutshot

No worries. I'm rooting for the Niners too!

nooogiants.0.gif

Look at 85 for the Giants, being held, you allowed to misdirect the player in the first 5 yards not hold, no flag, and it looks like play was design to go to him......the refs were bad last night all around, don't want to hear about some late hit on Romo..

I don't think you'll get that call much on play action. Also, LOL, was Jennings also told to just whiff and let defenders run right by him? Jeebus.

bionic77

Listen you assholes.

I am not the first nor the last person who confused the Minnesota Vikings and the Eagles.

Also I am not sure how, but I am pretty sure this mistake is entirely the fault of fantasy football.

Milchjon

sick pull

I wasn't sure what this means, but urban dictionary gives me:

pull
Word used to describe the successful act of attracting a person to such an extent that you would be able to snog or perhaps bone them if you so desired.

<3 you too!

Foreigners aghast at American culture

Honestly, everyone here tips.

Was surprised to see how surprised British bar people were when I did it the usual way there.

I did a double take and had to check the schedule again...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
image.php

EDIT: "On the first-down play, I was told, 'Rashad, don't score,'" Jennings said. "On second down, 'Rashad, don't score.' I was tempted to say, 'Forget it,' and go score because I could. But I didn't want to be that guy. But definitely, I was asked not to score."

I gave him shit earlier thinking he was talking about the call to pass on third down. Well....that's just...wow

I said it early this morning, it was a situation very reminiscent of SB 46. At that point I hadn't read that they told Jennings not to score. IF what he is saying is true, that makes the third down play even more idiotic.

The inner Herm in me was dying - You play to win the game!

They deserved to lose yesterday, fuck them. I hope that going forward the rest of the year we don't see the same type of crap.

JABEE

Tebow being out of the NFL is hitting you hard.

Pulling some Jak-level drunkenness!

nooogiants.0.gif

Look at 85 for the Giants, being held, you allowed to misdirect the player in the first 5 yards not hold, no flag, and it looks like play was design to go to him......the refs were bad last night all around, don't want to hear about some late hit on Romo..

A missed holding call vs some shitstain purposefully targeting Romo's back and trying to end his career. Good comparison there.

No one has said he is going to light the world on fire. He is a better option than Hoyer and at the minimum has unknown upside.

But this is NEO GAF. Can't forget the narrative

Please Note.. I said that he could and I did agree with you that he is probably better than Hoyer and [bCOULD[/b] be an ok game manager. I don't think he will be the one to help you get to the playoffs if you are relying on stellar qb play to get you to the playoff because I don't think he is.

Don't be mad at me because y'all suck(with the exception of Savage) at qb like Cleveland does with our proud decisions on who we have under center

Listen you assholes.

I am not the first nor the last person who confused the Minnesota Vikings and the Eagles.

Also I am not sure how, but I am pretty sure this mistake is entirely the fault of fantasy football.

Like Hernandez selling the drugs to Le'veon Bell and Bryant? Show me the conspiracy Uncle Bionic. Those crazy patriots with their Gronking and their deflating.

jmdajr

Bill Barnwell
&#10004;
@billbarnwell

Didn&#8217;t try to score to burn clock/Didn&#8217;t try to score to burn clock/THREW INCOMPLETE PASS TO STOP CLOCK/kicked field goal is breathtaking.

Guess I wasn't paying fully attention but god damn.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Listen you assholes.

It's because cunningham played for both. You still see black qbs as an anomaly so they stand out more.

bionic77

Like Hernandez selling the drugs to Le'veon Bell and Bryant? Show me the conspiracy Uncle Bionic. Those crazy patriots with their Gronking and their deflating.
They interfering with mah brain waves!

They have been doing the same to Tomlin since he became coach of the Steelers.

Its the only explanation for the stupidity of that post.

P.S. Sorry bros, I don't get the time I used to to fact and spell check my posts. This shit is typed up fast and with at best one eye on the screen when I type it. Its even worse on the phone!

This is my jakncoke moment. I can do better. I will do better.

I am going to remember this low moment when the Steelers win their 8th Superbowl against the Toronto Rapters. I dedicate the new bionic77 who vows to make better posts with less mistakes to the Steelers soon to be historic 8th SB later this year!

RBH

pXUoHt9.gif

Top Bottom