• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

BigAT

Everyone calls it U-Dub since it's shorter than U-Double-U.

More like U-Dumb.

Emoticon_highfive.gif

I feel like 11-5

Well.. I feel like 0-16. :)

Still digesting last night. It's one thing to leave week 1 having a decent grip on your team, but it was a tale of two halves last night. Still don't know what the Eagles will do.

Also, this thread is fucking gold. The video it links to is an alright skit, but the overreactions in it from the people in there are insane

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1112621

They have a lot of kinks.. With Bryant and Gregory hurt for the next several weeks There's a chance they might get the lead in the division over the Cowboys. But.. If the first half eagles show.. No hope

He might actually fit there.. I could see them signing him.

Great article

http://shepherdexpress.com/article-26422-packers-and-seahawks-learning-from-week-1-struggles.html

This is an uncharacteristically Hot Take from Paul, who is normally more reserved. Comparing Graham to Mason is hilarious in that it expands upon the basketball meme but also super damning coming from him.

I don't know if I totally agree with the doom and gloom, but Seattle figuring it out depends on Bevell figuring it out, and I think I know how that makes Seahawks fans feel.
I read the whole thing and I'm not sure I agree. Maybe the offense is going to struggle at times with the loss of Unger but isn't the bigger issue giving up 34 points to Nick Foles and the RAMS? If the Seahawks D played at 2014/2013 levels they win this game by a few scores.

Also, they always struggle against the Rams, especially offensively. I think Seattle figuring it out probably depends on playing teams with less than spectacular d-lines. Take is too hot for my liking, let's give it a few weeks.

Spinluck

So i had to drop a $500 class because I didn't take a syllabus quiz.

Fuck this bitch, and fuck college,

but we're buddies in the 0-1 party right now! ;D

Pats started 0-2 last year and got curbed by Kansas last year

#motivation

but they are also a solid, well coached team

cdyhybrid

So i had to drop a $500 class because I didn't take a syllabus quiz.

Fuck this bitch, and fuck college,

Time to go pro. You can come back and get your degree later.

How's my boy Jake Browning doing?

Had a bit of a shaky first game (freshman mistakes, not much help from the rest of the offense) on the road against a pretty good opponent, but torched an FCS school last week. Looks very promising. Probably the most excited I've been about a QB since Jake Locker (he was awesome in college, shut up!).

brentech

So Antonio Gates got suspended 4 games for PED use?

Guess who the Chargers play Week 1?

mVUThN8.png
We're going to kick the shit out of the Chargers. Only player who worries me is Melvin Gordon but I expect our offense to come out full swinging against a meh Chargers defense.

Come out early, get a nice two, three touchdown lead and let our defense play the pass.
That worked out.
Anyone going to think/care about USA Woman's soccer when the Detroit Lions travel to San Diego to beat the shit out of the Chargers on 9/13/2015? Didn't think so.

Forgot to post Kas's in home post-game cam

GrossShyBittern.gif

Spinluck

It is an online class, and I guess you have to complete this syllabus quiz before the deadline to remain in the class because reasons.

The deadline said 15th 11:59pm, but when I logged in today the professor emailed me and said to drop the class because I didn't complete it on the 14th before 11:59. I am so confused, but I will drop it and then sign up for the mid semester courses that come up on the 20th of October. Will try to find the same class, but this is dumb.

Greg

It is an online class, and I guess you have to complete this syllabus quiz before the deadline to remain in the class because reasons.

The deadline said 15th 11:59pm, but when I logged in today the professor emailed me and said to drop the class because I didn't complete it on the 14th before 11:59. I am so confused, but I will drop it and then sign up for the mid semester courses that come up on the 20th of October. Will try to find the same class, but this is dumb.
tell them you want your money back because reasons

and then tell them to go fuck themselves

Hindl

They have a lot of kinks.. With Bryant and Gregory hurt for the next several weeks There's a chance they might get the lead in the division over the Cowboys. But.. If the first half eagles show.. No hope.

Exactly. I still have no idea what this team is. First half Eagles? Maybe limp to 8-8 or worse. Second half Eagles? 12-4 and at least one playoff game. So since we fluctuate back and forth, I'll say we end 10-6 again unless they get the kinks out. Might be enough to take the East this year, especially with half of Dallas in the hospital or suspended. But still need a few more pieces

Fantomex

I think Douglas and Albert will get better, hopefully that will cover from Thomas, he was god awful. I was disappointed in our rush defense but I was happy to see that they adjusted in the second half. So far I have to say it looks like the same old dolphins though.

Give them credit for staying true to who they are.

squicken

Haven't watched the game yet, but a couple of bloggers have noted that Andre Johnson looked like ass. I'll try to remember the good times, before Kubes and Schoob destroyed his will

Chip's presser
-Parkey is fine. All hail Parkey
-Couldn't solve Julio b/c they moved him around
-Yes, he really said that
-Coverage dictating short passes
-"both guards weren't bad"

Les Bowen said Bradford has a sprained ankle so ... dunno

e:

#UDUB culture

https://twitter.com/SBNationGIF/status/643199201430495232

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Haven't watched the game yet, but a couple of bloggers have noted that Andre Johnson looked like ass. I'll try to remember the good times, before Kubes and Schoob destroyed his will
You can't admit he's getting old can you? He played well last year, for a number 2 receiver, which he was. But not worth what the Texans were going to have to pay him, and i'm surprised the colts gave him 10 mil guaranteed.

I'm sure he'll have some good games this year, but I would be surprised if he dominates game in and game out like he used to.

squicken

My Andrew Luck opinion may change if his dad is named AD at Texas. No one should ever associate with that place. Andrew will need to quickly distance himself or his squeaky clean image will be forever tarnished

gutshot

Alex Marvez @alexmarvez
Big blow for @packers defense. @NFLonFOX has learned it looks like ILB @Sam_Barrington_ may be out for the season with ankle injury.

squicken

Alex Marvez @alexmarvez
Big blow for @packers defense. @NFLonFOX has learned it looks like ILB @Sam_Barrington_ may be out for the season with ankle injury.

Packers fans will obviously know more, but that was the guy the Eagles were picking on in the preseason game. Didn't seem very impressive in coverage, and the Pakcers TV guys were saying he was a 3 down guy

Top Bottom