• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

brentech

Alex Marvez @alexmarvez
Big blow for @packers defense. @NFLonFOX has learned it looks like ILB @Sam_Barrington_ may be out for the season with ankle injury.

Wouldn't be a Packers season if we weren't down an ILB. Carry on. Would hate to see him miss the whole season, but this is the shit we deal with.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
It's nothing too strange, just Texans Cycle in action. Mech is just melting down earlier than usual this season.

I love how no one actually knows what the Texans Cycle is anymore and its just used arbitrarily for funsies.

BigAT

good thing LB wasn't a position of concern

jIrSY.gif

I know someone that has been in training and has the athletic ability to handle the position:

https://instagram.com/p/52bb0dMmUI/

Make it happen Ted.

squicken

Andy Benoit ‏@Andy_Benoit
Film: #Seahawks less base disguise with Bailey at SS. He just lined up and played, did not rotate post-snap like Chancellor does

Will be interesting what Field Gulls has to say about that.

Graziano has a good article on JPP. Lots of details:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/sto...giants-missing-tip-thumb-had-procedure-finger

Pierre-Paul had surgery to repair thumb fractures on July 8, when he also had the index finger amputated. But one of the sources who spoke to ESPN about the situation this week said Pierre-Paul has had many procedures since that time and that the Sept. 4 operation on the middle finger was the last one needed -- that all that was left for him is rehab focused on range of motion in his right hand.

A source who has seen the hand said the swelling has gone down significantly in the past several weeks and that the myriad surgical procedures had to be staggered because some had to heal before others could be performed.

Pierre-Paul still has the option of signing the tender, but if he does that, the Giants would have the option to put him on the non-football injury list and not pay him for the entire season.

A source told ESPN's Ed Werder that the Giants negotiated with Pierre-Paul and agent Eugene Parker before NFL teams cut rosters to 53 players on Sept. 5. At that cut-down, the team would lose the option of putting Pierre-Paul on the non-football injury list, then have the ability to activate him after six games. Although the Giants would not have been obligated to pay Pierre-Paul, they did offer to compensate him at a figure less than the weekly proration of his $14.8 million franchise tag, the source told Werder.

The Giants were willing to pay Pierre-Paul to report to the team, work his way into shape and begin learning the system defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo has installed, a source told Werder. But the Giants were unwilling to carry Pierre-Paul on their final roster, the source told Werder, saying that the Giants "can't ask the coach to play with 52 players."

rando14

Will be interesting what Field Gulls has to say about that.

From what I saw, and the articles I've been reading support what I thought: a young player in his first game made a lot of rookie mistakes.

Sando wrote an article that was well done:

Inexperience: Bailey looked like a young player just trying to line up. Scheme recognition against the run is vital to Seattle when the strong safety drops into the box. Instead of reading his keys and attacking, Bailey would hesitate, take a false step or round his angle to the ball. He often got stuck with his eyes in the backfield and lacked awareness in underneath zones. Instead of dropping to the "curl" or "hook" in Seattle's core Cover 3 and getting his feet set, Bailey would drift or have his eyes in the wrong spot. He doesn't have the feel that we see with Kam to get depth (with speed), read the QB and go.

But ultimately, compare what happened last year and you'll find a very interesting similarity:

A little history can help us look ahead more clearly. Last season, the Seahawks fell to 3-3 with a 28-26 defeat in St. Louis. Austin Davis completed 17 of 20 passes against Seattle in that game -- two for touchdowns. Davis had a 132.3 passer rating and 97.7 QBR score in that game. Pro Football Focus had Chancellor with a minus-1.3 grade (Bailey was at minus-1.7 Sunday). There will be bumps in the road for any team, but after all Pete Carroll and this team have proven over recent seasons, I think it's reasonable to say they'll figure out ways to compensate. It might not be enough to win in Green Bay this week, but I had them losing that game anyway.

cdyhybrid

From what I saw, and the articles I've been reading support what I thought: a young player in his first game made a lot of rookie mistakes.

Sando wrote an article that was well done:

But ultimately, compare what happened last year and you'll find a very interesting similarity:
Link? I'm lazy.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
you know, any of us can make the thread. It just may not have all the fancy graphics and shit.

jmdajr

Is this old news? Wtf man.

TMZ-49ers/Vikings Fans Brawl..Security Guard to the Rescue

A pack of vicious and cowardly 49ers fans bashed in a Vikings fan's face during a chaotic melee outside the Monday night game, and if not for one brave security guard ... the Vikes fan might be dead.

The video of the brawl is heinous ... the Vikings fan is already down on the ground outside Levi Stadium when the Niners backers continue unloading on him -- kicking and punching him in the head and body. It's brutal

Kuechly

Shaw

All the Lukes in my life are getting killed :(

If that bastard Abrams kills off Skywalker, I'm gonna rage.

captive said:
you know, any of us can make the thread. It just may not have all the fancy graphics and shit.

No no no no no nah b nah

We don't need to go back to those MS Paint days, no disrespect Greg

A pack of vicious and cowardly 49ers fans bashed in a Vikings fan's face during a chaotic melee outside the Monday night game, and if not for one brave security guard ... the Vikes fan might be dead.

The video of the brawl is heinous ... the Vikings fan is already down on the ground outside Levi Stadium when the Niners backers continue unloading on him -- kicking and punching him in the head and body. It's brutal
49er fans the new Raiders? That's some F up stuff.

Beach

Brice Butler traded to the Cowboys. Wonder what the Raiders got on return.

He's no Dez or anywhere near but he's a fast guy that does well after the catch. Goodluck in Dallas.

Edit: A 7th, definitely a good pick up for Dallas.

squicken

Not so sure an LA stadium is a good idea.

Top Bottom