• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

Tamanon

Banned
James Palmer ‏@JamesPalmerTV · 2m2 minutes ago
Sean Payton just said he hasn't met with any of the coaches. When asked about Ryan still being part of the staff .. Payton said "absolutely"

So not fired?

Maybe demoted? That's a weird thing though.

New draft order:

1. Cleveland Browns: 2-8 (.514 strength of schedule)
2. Tennessee Titans: 2-7 (.465 SOS)
3. Baltimore Ravens: 2-7 (.507 SOS)
4. San Diego Chargers: 2-7 (.513 SOS)
5. Dallas Cowboys: 2-7 (.524 SOS)
6. Detroit Lions: 2-7 (.531 SOS)
7. Jacksonville Jaguars: 3-6 (.440 SOS)
8. San Francisco 49ers: 3-6 (.532 SOS)
9. Houston Texans: 3-5 (.493 SOS)
10. New Orleans Saints: 4-6 (.444 SOS).

We top 3, baby

I fully expect the Vikings to win in Minnesota,especially after this week's performance.
Where's the game this week? Until we put together a competent offensive game plan, it's going to be hard for us to beat anybody.

I've been hating on Clements, but I guess Edgar Bennett technically is also Offensive Coordinator? I don't know who's in charge of what, but it's shit.

If we had more balance, we could get away with this idiocy. At least in the regular season...

Anyway, I don't want to talk about it, coaches are stubborn. Not sure how many Ls it'll take for the light to go on in mccarthy's head

Truly a miracle that the Dolphins won yesterday. They were without two of their best defensive players (Wake, Grimes) and many supporting defensive players, to the point where they were throwing out UDFAs signed from the practice squad just last week into action consistently. On an already bad defense it's a lot to ask for those guys to stop the opponent on occasion, much less for 3 quarters. I know Sanchez played a part in all of it but it was still shocking to see.

Dolphins o-line sucks and Tannehill's pocket presence has regressed (and it was never great to begin with). Despite the talented skill position players this offense is just hard to watch a lot of the time.

Nothing I saw yesterday told me that the Dolphins are in any kind of playoff hunt. If anything it just showed me how bad the Eagles are.

I was happy to see some of the young guys set up and play alright, having them play out the rest of the year would be good, gives a chance for our new coach to have game film on them at least. It was weird sitting through a dolphins game that was competitive until the end....it's been awhile.

Line_HTX

I feel bad laughing at this..

1024x1024.jpg

Good fucking God, I choked on my coffee.

New draft order:

We top 3, baby
Jags to #2 after nect week?

I was happy to see some of the young guys set up and play alright, having them play out the rest of the year would be good, gives a chance for our new coach to have game film on them at least. It was weird sitting through a dolphins game that was competitive until the end....it's been awhile.
That's the weirdest thing about this season. In the Philbin era the Dolphins have always kept it super close and lost a ton of games by 7 or less but this year they are just getting blown out a lot. Oddly enough their roster seems to have the most talent this season. Maybe Delmas is more important than I thought, and/or maybe the other CB #2s we lost were that much better than Taylor/McCain. Hard to figure out why the team has been so awful in some games.

Zimmer definitely doing the most with the least this year. Bridgewater is just average and there isn't really an abundance of talent on that defense, but they keep winning. I'd give him coach of the year at this point.

TB's stat line would have been a lot prettier if Kyle hadn't had the most blatant TD drop I've ever seen.

The kid needs to eventually start taking shots but I still think he played a smart game.

Brock expected to start now vs Chicago. So it begins...oh dear. Will this season become more of a roller coaster ride than the Tebow year, STAY TUNED.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's the weirdest thing about this season. In the Philbin era the Dolphins have always kept it super close and lost a ton of games by 7 or less but this year they are just getting blown out a lot. Oddly enough their roster seems to have the most talent this season. Maybe Delmas is more important than I thought, and/or maybe the other CB #2s we lost were that much better than Taylor/McCain. Hard to figure out why the team has been so awful in some games.

One thing I noticed was that for a team who plays the Patriots twice a year and is now coached by a former TE coach the Dolphins looked completely confused early on in the game when the Eagles were throwing to their TE and he was wide open every play.

One thing I noticed was that for a team who plays the Patriots twice a year and is now coached by a former TE coach the Dolphins looked completely confused early on in the game when the Eagles were throwing to their TE and he was wide open every play.
Well they were playing a bunch of scrubs in the secondary and at LB plus their DC is a recently promoted secondary coach. I understand those guys getting out-coached but I'm surprised how badly the Dolphins were getting blown out when Philbin was still around.

DMczaf

New draft order:

We top 3, baby

Bucs are not in the Top 10 :*)

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Luck injured, Manning injured and playing poorly, Rodgers derping, Flacco and Brees out of playoff contention.

Weird season.

squicken

The place to be thin vs Philly is CB. They don't have anything there besides Matthews, who is just a slot WR. They are like the Pats but no Gronk. Suh killed the interior of the line all game. Forced a bunch of penalties and shut down the run. Don't know much about your pass rushers but they had their way with the Eagles RT, who is really their 3rd string tackle.

Phins deserved the game b/c they avoided the big mistakes that Philly made, but the Eagles also outgained them 420-290. Blocked punt and missed FG. It's the kind of loss a good coach doesn't let happen

Where's the game this week? Until we put together a competent offensive game plan, it's going to be hard for us to beat anybody.

I've been hating on Clements, but I guess Edgar Bennett technically is also Offensive Coordinator? I don't know who's in charge of what, but it's shit.

If we had more balance, we could get away with this idiocy. At least in the regular season...

Anyway, I don't want to talk about it, coaches are stubborn. Not sure how many Ls it'll take for the light to go on in mccarthy's head

You're playing in the Vikings house this week, friend. :)

TB's stat line would have been a lot prettier if Kyle hadn't had the most blatant TD drop I've ever seen.

The kid needs to eventually start taking shots but I still think he played a smart game.

Ponder took shots. If he didn't miss his mark by 5 yards he threw it into the hands of a defender.
Carr took shots yesterday. Had two critical INTs, only managed 14 points, and the Raiders lost.

Teddy is never going to be Brady or Rodgers. He's also never going to have the Rex Grossman 'Fuck It I'm Going Deep' mentality. He is very smart and will find ways to keep the game at hand. For a 23 year old, he impresses the hell out of me. He still has a high ceiling. We saw what he can do (as a rookie!) last year in the last 6 games without AD to rely on and he looked like a 5 year vet. This offense changes with Adrian- but AD maybe has 2 or 3 good years left. Then it's back in Teddy's hands.

I'm ok with that.

At this stage, with the way the offense runs through AD, I don't think Teddy is getting enough credit with how he's working this offense. Sure, it's conservative and not a very exciting passing offense (unless Diggs gets the ball), but he's not losing games. That's critical. Even if drives stall- and yes, their red zone offense is bad- they make minimal mistakes and usually put their D in advantageous positions. It's why they are 7-2.

I feel so bad for Manning. If this was his last game it is a horrible one to go out on. That being said, I'm getting sick of the Broncos D being full of dirty play punks.

Thank goodness I have basketball.

Line_HTX

Brock expected to start now vs Chicago. So it begins...oh dear. Will this season become more of a roller coaster ride than the Tebow year, STAY TUNED.

I'm pretty sure Osweiler won't bring as much drama and unthinkable craziness as Tim did. Seriously, that shit reached a breaking point with the OT win over the Bears because of both Forte's derpy mistakes.

Luck injured, Manning injured and playing poorly, Rodgers derping, Flacco and Brees out of playoff contention.

Weird season.

Hilariously bad season overall for everybody. Aaron is Legit Shook.

P-A-N-I-C.

I think we just don't have the talent, look at our roster and think of who you would keep going into next year. Especially on defense who would be our starters:

Grimes (who is old)
Wake (Also old)
Jones
Jenkins
Suh

For everyone else you bring in competition or look for an upgrade and now with Wake pretty much done and Grimes showing his age you have 3 solid starters on defense and that's it.

On offense it looks less bad except for that terrible oline:
Albert
Pouncey
Douglas
Landry
Parker
Matthews
Miller
Ajayi
James

And maybe
Stills?
Cameron?
Sims?

And we are stuck with Tannehill at least for another year, but this is hardly on him.

This roster had giant holes, especially on defense and nothing was done to address it over the off-season, with a broken wake and grimes it was only natural that we'd look even worse. And I won't even mention the play calling on both sides of the ball.

Dragon

Banned
I feel so bad for Manning. If this was his last game it is a horrible one to go out on. That being said, I'm getting sick of the Broncos D being full of dirty play punks.

Thank goodness I have basketball.

He's going to play against the Patriots.

If you ask TJ Ward, the Chiefs are the dirty players!

"I got emotional," Ward said after the game. "I didn't really punch him. I don't even think that I punched him, if you see it, but it looked like a windup. You can take it how it is. It was an emotional game. A hard-fought [game] for us, defensively with a lot of things going on that you guys weren't able to see. I lost control."

Ward, however, continued to say that the Chiefs were "a pretty dirty team" and "were doing cheap things all game."

"It was their team as a whole," Ward said. "They were a pretty dirty team: the O-linemen, receivers and tight ends. They were doing it last game, and they continued to do it this game. It took an effect on me."

MechDX

This thread is depressing today. Everyone whining about losing yesterday, Wienke gone full animu, Peyton's arm falling off.

We have the battle for Ohio's soul tonight dammit!

Soulless ginger vs. HoHoyer! Are you not entertained?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 2m2 minutes ago
Based on initial tests, #Eagles QB Sam Bradford expected to miss this Sunday & potentially Thursday, I’m told. Expect Mark Sanchez to start.

Now the Eagles about to go dirty sanchez on the league! Fun times ahead!

squicken

Here's what I can't get. Brady can't throw a ball more than 15 yards unless it is to Gronk and his giant catch radius. On that last drive, after the Collins drop, I'm pretty sure McDaniels told him to never ever ever throw deep again or Jimmy would go in

But the Pats can move the ball just fine dinking and dunking all the time, but Peyton is out there throwing 40 yard ducks. Why aren't they running that Pats 5 yard pass pick game all day? They have the talent to do it. You can say teams dare them to go deep, but do they not with NE?

Are McD and BB really that much better at crafting a short passing game than anyone else?

Dragon

Banned
Here's what I can't get. Brady can't throw a ball more than 15 yards unless it is to Gronk and his giant catch radius. On that last drive, after the Collins drop, I'm pretty sure McDaniels told him to never ever ever throw deep again or Jimmy would go in

But the Pats can move the ball just fine dinking and dunking all the time, but Peyton is out there throwing 40 yard ducks. Why aren't they running that Pats 5 yard pass pick game all day? They have the talent to do it. You can say teams dare them to go deep, but do they not with NE?

Are McD and BB really that much better at crafting a short passing game than anyone else?

That Collins drop should have been a TD to Dropson too. He was behind both the corner and the safety...Same issue Brady had in the Super Bowl to Gronk when Blackburn picked him off.

As far as the Broncos, they have more talented receivers than the Patriots. There is no reason they have to stretch the field at all to your point. Sanders and Thomas could style people in the middle of the field all day if they let them. Really surprised to see all the outs which Peyton simply can't make anymore.

Truly a miracle that the Dolphins won yesterday. They were without two of their best defensive players (Wake, Grimes) and many supporting defensive players, to the point where they were throwing out UDFAs signed from the practice squad just last week into action consistently. On an already bad defense it's a lot to ask for those guys to stop the opponent on occasion, much less for 3 quarters. I know Sanchez played a part in all of it but it was still shocking to see.

Dolphins o-line sucks and Tannehill's pocket presence has regressed (and it was never great to begin with). Despite the talented skill position players this offense is just hard to watch a lot of the time.

Nothing I saw yesterday told me that the Dolphins are in any kind of playoff hunt. If anything it just showed me how bad the Eagles are.

My god you are out of your mind. Eagles were stomping the fuck out of the Fins when they had all their guys on offense. They lost their QB, most productive RB, and top WR, for at least part of the game. On top of that they get a punt blocked and miss a chip shot FG, and with all that they still only lost by 1 point.

Denver doesn't have as many weapons as they once did. Plus I'm sure teams are used to that offense coming from Denver

TheFatOne

Not like you can just pick up the Pats offense just like that even when you have a HoF qb. You can incorporate aspects of their offense into yours but no way could they just straight copy the Pats offense in a short time frame. Pats offense is complicated for a reason. They have like 5 million option routes, and that takes a lot of time developing those routes with receivers. Watch what happens to the offense when Brady has to use guys he's not used to/not comfortable in the offense. It falls apart in a hurry. It's also a matter of the qb. You have to be disciplined all game long taking 3-7 yards at a time. It's not easy to do.

Edit: Pats just have an insane amount of packages to beat practically every type of defense. Just the sheer amount of stuff they do just to beat man coverages is insane.

squicken

As far as the Broncos, they have more talented receivers than the Patriots. There is no reason they have to stretch the field at all to your point. Sanders and Thomas could style people in the middle of the field all day if they let them. Really surprised to see all the outs which Peyton simply can't make anymore.

Yep the Broncos don't have anyone individually as good as Gronk, but collectively they are close enough. Especially with VD as a vertical stretch from the TE, just to threaten it once or twice a game.

I like the Kubiak/Shanahan offense, but it takes a QB that can move better and has a bigger arm than Peyton. Guess we'll see if that guy is Brock

jbug617

Banned
The Sanchize is going to be the QB in Philly for a little while.

@RapSheet: Based on initial tests, #Eagles QB Sam Bradford expected to miss this Sunday & potentially Thursday, I’m told. Expect Mark Sanchez to start.

Top Bottom