• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

Do that to a friendly dog and we gonna have problems.

02145410976710.gif

fuck the police

squicken

Lovie looking on like DM&snes

He played poorly but our O Line is shit. That and WR are our biggest weaknesses, which means that's what we'll address in the draft. Only problem is we've spent 3 picks in the 1st three rounds the past two years on WR. Can't afford any more development projects there. Who are potential FA WRs? Miles Austin has been fucking up lately after starting well

Huff was 3rd round, JMatt 2nd, Algholor 1st. That's how you end up getting fired, missing like that. Not that I'd give up on those guys, but you can tell none will ever go to a Pro Bowl. Matthews is at least solid

OL was brutal all game yesterday. Dolphins DBs are bad and there were plays there that Bradford and Sanchez couldn't hit b/c of pressure. And it was just their 4 beating PHI's 5. This guy has lots of vids up from the All 22

https://twitter.com/fduffy3

Holy bad picks, Batman. This week was the worst I've ever had in a pick em in the 9 or so years I've been playing. Think I hate this league being full of garbage teams.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
At first, Chicago Bears fans were wondering why Mike Ditka would wear a Green Bay Packers sweater in a McDonald's commercial, but now Packers fans must be wondering if there's a jinx associated with the advertisement, as Green Bay is 0-3 since the spot first ran.

Ditka. Bears. Ditka.

Huff was 3rd round, JMatt 2nd, Algholor 1st. That's how you end up getting fired, missing like that. Not that I'd give up on those guys, but you can tell none will ever go to a Pro Bowl. Matthews is at least solid

OL was brutal all game yesterday. Dolphins DBs are bad and there were plays there that Bradford and Sanchez couldn't hit b/c of pressure. And it was just their 4 beating PHI's 5. This guy has lots of vids up from the All 22

I am curious how you can tell none will ever go to a PB? Matthews looked great as a rookie, and Nelson seems to have a ton of talent. Nelson's problem is neither QB ever looks towards him, hopefully over time they will trust him more. If the Eagles could get any production out of an outside WR things would be so different for the team.

Gigglepoo

Jerry Rice cursed the Cowboys too. Thanks Jerry!

Every team associated with Ditka and Rice has been cursed!

Niners -- Terrible
Bears -- Culter
Seahawks -- Failures
Raiders -- Choking
Saints -- Dogs
Cowboys -- Romo'd
Packers -- Collapsing

None of those teams are going to make the playoffs! And it's all because of a McDonald's commercial.

Hindl

Yeah I wouldn't go so far as to label them busts, but our WR drafts have been weak. I think Matthews and Agholor can develop into good receivers, and Huff has talent but terrible stone hands, so I dunno if he's fixable. They just aren't the breakout stars that we've gotten used to in the past couple years. But these guys are all young, and it would've really helped to have a veteran presence to help ease the transition into the new offense. I know he was going to KC even if the Eagles matched, but we are really missing Maclin.

I think my ideal situation for the offseason would be to get at or near a top 10 pick, and then trade down to get a 2nd rounder back unless there's a godly talent available. Then load up on a RT and a new center to sit behind Kelce and replace him if he keeps declining. Try to grab a FA veteran receiver and in the later rounds take a flyer on a pass rush project. Barwin and Graham have been good, but we could really use an elite pass rusher, plus having some depth behind them would be helpful

squicken

I am curious how you can tell none will ever go to a PB? Matthews looked great as a rookie, and Nelson seems to have a ton of talent. Nelson's problem is neither QB ever looks towards him, hopefully over time they will trust him more. If the Eagles could get any production out of an outside WR things would be so different for the team.

With young guys, I want to see flashes of physical ability vs pro talent. Something that says "if this guy puts it all together he can do this consistently". Like I said, I see Matthews as a solid player. But WR is way too stacked to think he's ever going to be among the likes of Dez, Evans and ODB. Those guys have physical traits that Mathews will never have

With Algholor ... I haven't seen anything except that one play in the preseason that would explain to me why he was even drafted. He's been hurt so that's a good reason. Bradford may be gun shy, but he has throw deep occasionally. To Miles Austin. And not Nelson Algholor. So that means something to me

Jeff McClane is more brutal than I am. Like I said, this will be the week the Philly media goes after Chip. No longer the smartest guy in the room

6. Miles Austin probably doesn’t merit an NFL roster spot. The Eagles signed Austin to a one-year contract with $1 million guaranteed three weeks into free agency. Who was their competition? The Toronto Argonauts? The criticism of the Austin signing isn’t revisionist history. I couldn’t understand how you could give a 31-year-old receiver clearly on his last legs guaranteed money then, and I can’t understand it now. Again, who was their competition that late into free agency? Sign him to a show-me deal without any guaranteed money and see if he can earn his way onto the roster. But the Eagles had little choice but to keep him because of the guaranteed figure, and because, frankly, they were weak at receiver. Austin has played 52 percent of the Eagles offensive snaps this season. He has played 354 snaps and has 12 catches for 212 yards and one touchdown. He added another drop to his collection on Sunday. He seemed to nonchalantly try to drag his foot inbounds on a nifty back-of-the-end-zone pass from Sanchez. One pass sailed by his head when he wasn’t looking. He ran an awkward route into the end zone and wasn’t ready when Sanchez threw to him and was intercepted instead. I’m not suggesting that Kelly should release Austin (OK, I kind of am), but I can’t imagine there would be another team eagerly waiting to claim him off the street.

7. Riley Cooper probably doesn’t merit an Eagles roster spot. Cooper signed a five-year contract worth $22.5 million in 2014. Of his $4 million base salary this season, $3 million was guaranteed. So his roster spot was never in jeopardy. But he entered the season once again as a starter. He doesn’t play nearly as many snaps as he did the previous two seasons, but he has still played around 50 percent of the time. He hasn’t had a catch in four games. A foot injury has cut into his recent playing time, but he played 52 snaps against the Dolphins and his lone mention on the stat sheet was an illegal shift penalty that negated a Sanchez touchdown pass to Ertz. Cooper has played around the same number of snaps as Austin and has 11 catches for 205 yards and two touchdowns this season.

8. None of the Eagles outside receivers merit a starting spot. Austin and Cooper wouldn’t be on the field as much if Nelson Agholor or Josh Huff could prove indispensable. Agholor has been hurt. He missed three games with a high ankle sprain. But before the injury, he had just eight catches for 105 yards despite playing 262 snaps – more than any other outside receiver during that stretch. Agholor might eventually develop into a starter who warrants No. 1 receiver playing time. But he has clearly been pressed into a spot he wasn’t yet ready to take. Huff is probably best as a complementary piece. He had a few nice moments against the Dolphins after some mistake-prone games. He finger-tipped a high pass from Bradford for a touchdown and caught two other passes for a total of 23 yards. He played 42 snaps. Agholor finished with three catches for 32 yards and played 53 snaps. Slot receiver Jordan Matthews had a quiet game after his stellar outing in Dallas. He played 57 snaps and caught just three passes for 21 yards. I still think he’s best used inside. The Eagles effectively targeted their tight ends in the passing game, which partly explained the lack of catches for the receivers group. But you can’t have wideouts play that many snaps and account for only nine of 33 completions and 76 of 392 passing yards.

http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/philly/blogs/sports/eagles&id=350614071

Yeah I wouldn't go so far as to label them busts, but our WR drafts have been weak. I think Matthews and Agholor can develop into good receivers, and Huff has talent but terrible stone hands, so I dunno if he's fixable. They just aren't the breakout stars that we've gotten used to in the past couple years. But these guys are all young, and it would've really helped to have a veteran presence to help ease the transition into the new offense. I know he was going to KC even if the Eagles matched, but we are really missing Maclin.

I think my ideal situation for the offseason would be to get at or near a top 10 pick, and then trade down to get a 2nd rounder back unless there's a godly talent available. Then load up on a RT and a new center to sit behind Kelce and replace him if he keeps declining. Try to grab a FA veteran receiver and in the later rounds take a flyer on a pass rush project. Barwin and Graham have been good, but we could really use an elite pass rusher, plus having some depth behind them would be helpful

It definitely sounds like Peters is done here after this year, especially with the stuff coming out that he told Chip he wont dress unless he is the starter. This offseason focus on the OL in the draft and hope that maybe their is a FA WR who could step in and play on the outside. Cut Cooper, and obviously let Austin walk. Hope that an offseason of work gets Nelson and Sam on the same page next year. I wouldnt touch the D at all. I really think they are a few tweaks away from being a really good team.

Hindl

It definitely sounds like Peters is done here after this year, especially with the stuff coming out that he told Chip he wont dress unless he is the starter. This offseason focus on the OL in the draft and hope that maybe their is a FA WR who could step in and play on the outside. Cut Cooper, and obviously let Austin walk. Hope that an offseason of work gets Nelson and Sam on the same page next year. I wouldnt touch the D at all. I really think they are a few tweaks away from being a really good team.

Peters is definitely done. Dude is one of the best LT not named Joe Thomas, and he is everything I want in a LT. But he's getting old and slow, and that back problem is only getting worse. I know that he wants to keep going, but he should probably retire. Lane did alright at LT, but we really need to beef up the rest of the O Line. Our D is good, but we could use more OLB for pass rush, and our run D really suffered without Demeco. Hicks is an absolute stud, but if there's a fantastic run stopping ILB in the draft I'd take him. Although I do think our D is mostly good, especially since we haven't seen JaCorey Shepard with all the buzz he was having

At this point in the season, they are all frauds.
Next thread should just be titled A Fraud Sucks at Football

Spinluck

I guess Manning has been hiding this from the team going all the way back to July.

One has to think that it's a couple of issues:

1. Didn't want to lose job to Brock.
2. Wanted a chance at those records.
3. Didn't have the self-awareness to determine how hurt he was.

Kind of irritates me that he wasn't honest, team wouldn't have had to fight against the poor play on the O and by Manning. Feels pretty selfish, and I thought PM would be better than that considering they flat out gave him the chance to comeback and play one more year.

Also, don't fool yourself, Brady's deep ball sucks. His time is coming too.

Manning hiding injuries during an off season, never seen that before!

:(

Sanjuro

First day down. Apparently, I was the only male they hired for the position. During orientation, the other guys were confused why I dressed up. Based on my build everyone thought I was warehouse.

Also, every woman made some sort of you're a lucky guy comment.

Gah.

Line_HTX

First day down. Apparently, I was the only male they hired for the position. During orientation, the other guys were confused why I dressed up. Based on my build everyone thought I was warehouse.

Also, every woman made some sort of you're a lucky guy comment.

Gah.

You gonna have one hell of a time, aren't ya, lucky guy?

Sanjuro

You gonna have one hell of a time, aren't ya, lucky guy?

Well...the one talking to me the most was one of those employees that on day one, keeps pretending like it's the interview process. So, regurgitated meaningless questions that they would have done weeks ago. She also is a Vegas girl, so batshit!

They did buy us Bertucci's pizza for lunch. There is a pool table in the break room. Gym on premise. Baseball field next to the lot. Arcade basketball shot arcade machines.

Top Bottom