• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

facelike

I'm just going to throw this out there and not as a fan of either of these teams but I put the Patriots victory really on the Giants. When they were within the 10 with 2:09 on the clock, NYG should have ran one run play to get to the two minute warning. Instead, pass, pass, pass, FG. Brady gets the ball back with just under two minutes to go and needs only a FG. And look at the results.

One run play would best case give you a TD, most likely burn the clock. They had a time out and could have left Brady with so much less time to work down the field.

Just saying...

Now as a Niners fan, I'm going to crawl back into a corner and prepare for the worst.

squicken

Pretty insane:

I've mentioned before, but noting pissed me off more than the bullshit

"how can JJ Watt be an MVP if he is this awesome and his team is so bad?!?!?! Defensive ends can't be MVPs *fires up electronic cigarette* "

Rivers is playing so awesome. But his entire team is injured. Offensive line can't block. ST sucks b/c all the backups are now starters and it's just street FAs covering and receiving kicks. Guess what, when all the other talent on the team is bad, it doesn't matter if the stud is a QB or DE, he's just one guy. QBs are the most important players on the field, but put Watt on the Pats or Panthers (please Texans do this) and you wouldn't question his qualifications as an MVP candidate

squicken

dp whatevs

Vikings players returned from Oakland on Monday morning to find black T-shirts in their lockers with the team's and the NFC North's logos on the front. The back of the shirts read, "Beat Green Bay," in all capital letters.

"It's not so much this game, but it's as far how the season is going -- what we've got going and how much more serious it's going to get," wide receiver Stefon Diggs said. "We want to keep adding to our record and what we're doing right now. You can't take a break. You've got to continue to grind even harder."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...pass-beat-green-bay-shirts-ahead-packers-game

Why would you do this? GB 67-3 MIN

eznark

Banned

"how can JJ Watt be an MVP if he is this awesome and his team is so bad?!?!?! Defensive ends can't be MVPs *fires up electronic cigarette* "

Rivers is playing so awesome. But his entire team is injured. Offensive line can't block. ST sucks b/c all the backups are now starters and it's just street FAs covering and receiving kicks. Guess what, when all the other talent on the team is bad, it doesn't matter if the stud is a QB or DE, he's just one guy. QBs are the most important players on the field, but put Watt on the Pats or Panthers (please Texans do this) and you wouldn't question his qualifications as an MVP candidate

Given that you have been a proponent of tanking in the past, it seems to me that JJ Watt would more likely be your least valuable player, as he is the only competitive player on that roster. Without Watt for they win a single game? So Watt is devaluing the Texans draft picks with his excellent play.

cdyhybrid

No team ever wins, teams only lose or don't lose by default because the other team lost worse then they did.
You're right, the Hawks have been great this year. That's why they have such a great record.

I'm totally the unreasonable one, not the guy hyping Blaine Gabbert.

Eh, I disagree. I guess I'm one of those e-cig guys because I think with Watt it's simply a matter of position. QB impacts the field more than any other position and it's not even close, so the best QB is truly the "Most Valuable Player" in the league 99.9% of the time.

Again, the award isn't "best player." It's about value and QB is inherently a high value position. As we saw with Watt in the Texans/Dolphins game, even an all-world DE doesn't mean much when the rest of the team sucks. At least with a great QB like Rivers the Chargers are in most games. Without him they'd be losing every game by 20+.

cdyhybrid

Because the Niners lost everyone on their sidelines and roster who mattered? And the Seahawks are the same team as last year's Super Bowl loser minus one center?

Misery loves company.
I think you need to check those two rosters again. Did you miss when Collinsworth was talking about three new OL starters last night? Or when Byron Maxwell got torched every time the Cards threw at him? Oh wait, Byron's gone too!

Yep. I mean look at how many people have picked the Texans:

http://nflpickwatch.com/

Don't worry, you have a secret weapon:

Brian

sight.jpg

Brian

latest

BRIAN

giphy.gif

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

yer

Godslay

Banned
Would he have healed? Manning has one of the worst QBs in the league from week 1. He has had a few good games but has mostly been really bad and Denver has been winning on the strength of their defense.

He's been hurt since July apparently. So that would cover week 1 forward.

Still doesn't cover the bad decisions.

Nobody knows if he would have healed, but playing hurt isn't helping anyone.

Ah sorry, my timetable was way off.

Still. Peyton is on borrowed time. He goes out for any length of time and there is no guarantee he's ever allowed back. It's pretty clear he's on thin ice with the FO as it is. Plus Plantar Fasciitis doesn't "heal". It just improves.

As it is, the Broncos are 7-2 and there are rumblings that this is it for Peyton. He's not stupid.

Sure, heal meaning he can actually drive off of his foot.

I think it's the last we see of him, and if he's on the field he's not truly hurt so its not an excuse in my book.

Now I think you just put Brock in there, hope the AFCW lead holds up and they can get some positive production out of the QB spot.

We all knew it was coming, but I was optimistic it would end better.

The wheels have just come flying off the Packers and Broncos. Yeah, who the fuck knows who wins those divisions now.

Only AFC East is set in stone. Maybe NFC South.

AFC North Bengals derailment starts tonight!

hur hur hur

I hate to say it, but this is an upgrade if Manning has truly been hurt all this time.

Pro

I'm just going to throw this out there and not as a fan of either of these teams but I put the Patriots victory really on the Giants. When they were within the 10 with 2:09 on the clock, NYG should have ran one run play to get to the two minute warning. Instead, pass, pass, pass, FG. Brady gets the ball back with just under two minutes to go and needs only a FG. And look at the results.

One run play would best case give you a TD, most likely burn the clock. They had a time out and could have left Brady with so much less time to work down the field.

Just saying...

Now as a Niners fan, I'm going to crawl back into a corner and prepare for the worst.

Any number of things the Giants could have done to secure that victory on the last drive. Not drop the INT, hold on 4th and 10, but for some reason NFL Defenses love to play it safe on the game winning drive and give up lots of short yardage which nets the same result as giving up the big play anyway.

squicken

Given that you have been a proponent of tanking in the past, it seems to me that JJ Watt would more likely be your least valuable player, as he is the only competitive player on that roster. Without Watt for they win a single game? So Watt is devaluing the Texans draft picks with his excellent play.

I don't believe in tanking in the NFL, really. The players always need to try and win, and losing is a disease and culture you don't want young, future core players exposed to

You need the good players from a previous regime if you are a coach taking over, even if you will churn 90% of the roster in 2 years. So those guys always have to try and win. You can't ever let them think it is okay to lose. Coaches have to walk a fine line there with playing vets and young players. Up until now I have understood Pettine playing McCown, for instance. But that is over. The dropoff isn't so far that you don't find out what Manziel is, even if to trade him for a 7th round pick

Gigglepoo

I think you need to check those two rosters again. Did you miss when Collinsworth was talking about three new OL starters last night? Or when Byron Maxwell got torched every time the Cards threw at him? Oh wait, Byron's gone too!

But you got Jimmy Graham!

Also, did anyone predict the Niners and Seahawks would be a game apart in mid November? Don't make it seem like this was what was expected of the Seahawks.

facelike

Any number of things the Giants could have done to secure that victory on the last drive. Not drop the INT, hold on 4th and 10, but for some reason NFL Defenses love to play it safe on the game winning drive and give up lots of short yardage which nets the same result as giving up the big play anyway.

Everything you say is true but the time was something the Giants had full control over at that point of the game. The Pats were out of time outs. NY could have ran three run plays and left Brady with less than a minute, still kicked a FG. The pressure would really be on the Pats at that point. Oh well.....

Godslay

Banned
Jeff Darlington Verified account

Gary Kubiak announces Peyton Manning will not play this week. Brock Osweiller will get the start against the Bears.

Manning will not be backup either, Siemian will be the backup to Oz.

Manning will not dress.

cdyhybrid

So we agree, every team sucks and is completely horrible and no one ever wins.
There's no need to be this obtuse. Just answer the question. Are the Hawks a good team?

But you got Jimmy Graham!

Also, did anyone predict the Niners and Seahawks would be a game apart in mid November? Don't make it seem like this was what was expected of the Seahawks.

We're over halfway through the season. Preseason expectations are meaningless now.

Jeff Darlington Verified account

Gary Kubiak announces Peyton Manning will not play this week. Brock Osweiller will get the start against the Bears.

Manning will not be backup either, Siemian will be the backup to Oz.

Manning will not dress.

Peyton will be naked on the sideline to display his shame?

Pro

Everything you say is true but the time was something the Giants had full control over at that point of the game. The Pats were out of time outs. NY could have ran three run plays and left Brady with less than a minute, still kicked a FG. The pressure would really be on the Pats at that point. Oh well.....

Yep playing all the little number games and mathematical outcomes. Do you have a higher chance to win by playing it safe with the numbers game or go for the kill and get the first down?

Reminds of the GB game also where they used their final TO on the 2 point conversion (or was it the TD), but I remember thinking if you miss that and get the Onside Kick by some miracle you're gonna wish you had that TO. I know you're trying to see what the Defense gives you but still. All the little things. They could have gotten the ball closer with that TO and then who knows...Ugh still so ugly the way that game winning Field Goal played out.

To be fair...Manning shouldn't have played this past game but oh well, he might not get the benefit of the doubt anymore. Hopefully he heals up

Just saying...

The TD that wasn't a TD, was a called run, Eli saw something and audible to pass.

Godslay

Banned
Have we seen the end of Peyton...?

Regardless, I sure am glad he got that passing record when he did...

Maybe? Probably. If Brock plays decently, then most certainly.

Fuck. I may have been to Manning's last game in the NFL.

I'm glad I got to see him last year when he was still himself.

Matt Schaub pre 2013 2.0

That's not a bad thing actually.

Thanks for the input, when does it end though?

Crisco

Banned
It's amazing how the media is circling the wagon around Cam over any minor controversy these days. Hochuli, banner-gate, the excessive celebration, the vast majority of the media is taking his side. That's what 9-0 will do I guess, in previous years it would be nothing but criticism of his actions.

Top Bottom