• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

squicken

It's amazing how the media is circling the wagon around Cam over any minor controversy these days. Hochuli, banner-gate, the excessive celebration, the vast majority of the media is taking his side. That's what 9-0 will do I guess, in previous years it would be nothing but criticism of his actions.

Look at Peyton. The daggers will come out when he starts losing

I think this is my favorite tweet today

60Mg3f6.png

spyder_ur

After the long TD catch Malcolm Butler held OBJ to 3 catches for 17 yards on 11 targets.

What a Herolegend.

He got torched off the line on that play but the fact it was a touchdown was really McCourty's fault. McCourty is usually fantastic with his angles and positioning too.

Malcolm was competitive the whole rest of the night. Love the fire too.

LevelNth

Banned
Being under .500, three games back in the division, blowing 4th quarter leads in every loss, and having statistically one if the worst offenses in the league aren't legitimate arguments? Those are all fact, no room for subjectivity too.
No room for subjectivity on the bolded, you totally got that right.

And it sounds an awful lot like you're saying the Hawks are bad because they've lost and only losers lose because no one ever wins as teams only lose less than the other loser. So what I said we agreed upon an hour ago?

cdyhybrid

No room for subjectivity on the bolded, you totally got that right.

And it sounds an awful lot like you're saying the Hawks are bad because they've lost and only losers lose because no one ever wins as teams only lose less than the other loser. So what I said we agreed upon an hour ago?
What's your endgame here? Yes, that's the reality. Bad teams lose more than they win, and vice versa.

It seems like, in the unlikely event that the Niners win this week, you want credit for beating the team that was in the Super Bowl the last two seasons.

The only problem with that is that there are objective, clear statistical arguments that say they are NOT the same team. They are flawed in ways those teams are not.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I am excited to see the Brock era begin. Yes, I would have loved one last great season from Peyton, but I wonder if an injury exit isn't better than a season of barely mediocre.

LevelNth

Banned
What's your endgame here? Yes, that's the reality. Bad teams lose more than they win, and vice versa.

It seems like, in the unlikely event that the Niners win this week, you want credit for beating the team that was in the Super Bowl the last two seasons.

The only problem with that is that there are objective, clear statistical arguments that say they are NOT the same team. They are flawed in ways those teams are not.
Would love to hear them.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Mary Lou Retton Verified account
‏@marylouretton

@AntonioBrown84 Way to stick that landing! Perfect 10! #SteelersNation

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You get to brag if you win with a team QB'd by Yo Gabbert Gabbert and who had half of their stars literally quit on them in the offseason. You just do.

cdyhybrid

You get to brag if you win with a team QB'd by Yo Gabbert Gabbert and who had half of their stars literally quit on them in the offseason. You just do.
That's fine. Just be honest with yourself and realize that anyone who loses to said team is not good.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib 59s60 seconds ago

Steelers are 5-0 when giving up a 300-yard passer. 1-4 when they don't

LevelNth

Banned
I already laid them out. You keep dodging the question with snarky non-answers instead of actually bringing something for the table.

Pretty odd for someone who constantly complains about how we discuss football in here.
You mentioned two statistics, statistically worst offense in the league and blown 4th quarter leads.

The Hawks are 17th in total yards and 20th in total points. What am I missing?

And to state they've 'blown 4th quarter leads' negates the ability of a team to ever 'comeback and win'. Hence my teams only lose and no one ever wins. It isn't seriously taking you this long to catch that sarcasm is it?...

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Would love to hear them.

...how about the fact that this isn't the past two years? Does that work for you? Are you under the assumption that time has frozen, not only on the football field, but in all the things surrounding each player? Even if the teams were made up 100 percent with the same exact players and coaches, they still wouldn't be the same team as the past two years. I assume cdyhybrid thought you understood this, but I'm having some doubts considering you "would love to hear" why the teams are the same.

cdyhybrid

You mentioned two statistics, statistically worse offense in the league and blown 4th quarter leads.

The Hawks are 17th in total yards and 20th in total points. What am I missing?

And to state they've 'blown 4th quarter leads' negates the ability of a team to ever 'comeback and win'. Hence my teams only lose and no one ever wins. It isn't seriously taking you this long to catch that sarcasm is it?...
I honestly can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or honestly believe what you're saying. Mostly because I've never seen you seriously discuss things.

It does not negate the ability of someone to come back. They get credit for coming back, and the losing team gets "credit" for blowing the lead. You can't have one without the other.

Those are shitty offensive ranks, by the way. Especially when you account for the fact that our QB is a huge chunk of our rushing.

I still want to hear your reasoning for why they are a good team, by the way. An actual answer, based on evidence seen on the field this season.

Cardinals lead the league in both TDs and Interceptions :D Though a few other defenses are tied with us for interceptions. Awesome to have such balance and very rare to be good on both sides. We just need consistency now. Also staying healthy, of course.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I remember hearing something over the weekend that Mississippi is the least active or fattest state?

Texas is 40th, so yeah, bottom 10 whoo hoo.

Texas is 40 because they listed in alphabetically order. I reordered the list by % of metro/city that binge drink, Texas is actually #3.

Hindl

https://twitter.com/fduffy3/status/666367929206882305

Crapped on Sanchez on this play, but not really his fault he threw short.

He played poorly but our O Line is shit. That and WR are our biggest weaknesses, which means that's what we'll address in the draft. Only problem is we've spent 3 picks in the 1st three rounds the past two years on WR. Can't afford any more development projects there. Who are potential FA WRs? Miles Austin has been fucking up lately after starting well

Can't tell who that was at right DE (assuming Vernon) but damn that was a sweet inside move he put on the LT. Rare to see the Dolphins generate a pass rush without a healthy Wake, and even rarer to see them do it when the game is on the line.

Sucks that you know it's going to disappear next week, this team is completely unreliable top to bottom with the exception of Landry and Jones.

The TD that wasn't a TD, was a called run, Eli saw something and audible to pass.

6 on the line and one on ones all over the place. I agree with Tom - someone has to make a play there.

I think at least one run should have been called though. Make the Pats use that last timeout and leave them with nothing in their pocket. Might have changed the play calling on the last drive? Don't know. May have to watch it again.

Top Bottom