• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

squicken

So this is sort of a general trend/thought about defensive players. I've really been struck by how much impact guys like Kuechly, Davis, Sean Lee and Jordan Hicks have had on games. It's not that I didn't know they were good; it's that they were really the most important players on the field

We are so trained to value pass rushers and cover corners as the most important players on defense. But with the football coming out before a defensive end has any chance to sack a QB, and even the best CBs getting caught up in the wash on crossing routes and pick plays, is that still the case? It's a horizontal game now

It seems that maybe super instinctual LBs that can play robber, carry the TEs on seam routes, take away the in breaking routes in zone, and run and hit RBs on stretch runs are now the kind of guys worthy of top 10 picks. I'm not saying I am 100% sold on this, but Dallas' defense fell apart without Lee. And Kuechly was the biggest reason (penalty shield included) why CAR gave NE so much trouble a couple of years back

"Source: the Patriots have signed starting G Josh Kline to a 2-year extension through 2017. Base value of the deal is $3.3M, max is $4.9M." - @FieldYates

I assume he'll go down with a season ending injury in the next game.

Remember when Matt Ryan raped and murdered a prostitute? God, I hate him.

Why did you mention Matt Ryan, who raped and killed a girl in 1990? Should we even waste two seconds on Matt Ryan, who raped and killed a girl in 1990? Well, first of all. It's not true. It's not true that Matt Ryan raped and killed a girl in 1990. So if you have any proof that Matt Ryan raped and killed a girl in 1990, stop gossiping and go right to the police with it.

Is Thomas washed up? He would be a good Lewis replacement for the Pats. Thomas isn't nearly as shifty and Lewis, but he can catch passes out of the backfield and would be good on screens...

I don't know.. I'm going to assume yes though.

Why did you mention Matt Ryan, who raped and killed a girl in 1990? Should we even waste two seconds on Matt Ryan, who raped and killed a girl in 1990? Well, first of all. It's not true. It's not true that Matt Ryan raped and killed a girl in 1990. So if you have any proof that Matt Ryan raped and killed a girl in 1990, stop gossiping and go right to the police with it.

I feel like you are trying to say something

penn st lb when the last one that was good or above average that was relatively healthy?

Paul Pozluszny?

squicken

I'm also a big fan of Rivers. But it's funny that people say about JJ Watt "how good/important can he be if his team goes 4-12"? Look at Rivers in recent years. Even great QBs can be on a team with a bad record if there is no talent anywhere else

Lance Zierlein was pointing out that Houston has just 2 of their own 2nd round picks on its roster while Cincy has 7. That's how you perpetually suck

jakncoke

Banned
I'm also a big fan of Rivers. But it's funny that people say about JJ Watt "how good/important can he be if his team goes 4-12"? Look at Rivers in recent years. Even great QBs can be on a team with a bad record if there is no talent anywhere else

Lance Zierlein was pointing out that Houston has just 2 of their own 2nd round picks on its roster while Cincy has 7. That's how you perpetually suck

you're enabling kas

Hindl

I'm largely indifferent on Rivers, he's kinda in that same tier as Romo for me. He can make bad teams good and good teams great. He's not the missing link separating a bad team from a Super Bowl, but I'd argue he's right around the top 5

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Turbin waived.

Bitonio out so Cam Erving will start.

Charles Gaines and Glenn Winston put on the active roster.

Dragon

Banned
COD MP has gone downhill fast. The guns in AW all felt the same. I'm an LMG kind of guy and they were worthless because everyone just runs around using SMGs

I'll play Halo with my bae BG AND Boban but fuck Bread.

kbzNo3pkTHKaUudcs9s3RnjLq7b00j2WgXHBJ2GI93U

Lmao Turbin cut.

Terrance West also reportedly signing with Ravens. Funny because Ravens were the teams we supposedly traded ahead of for west

gutshot

I'm largely indifferent on Rivers, he's kinda in that same tier as Romo for me. He can make bad teams good and good teams great. He's not the missing link separating a bad team from a Super Bowl, but I'd argue he's right around the top 5

I would still take him off of the Chargers hands, if they are looking to get rid of him.

Hindl

I would still take him off of the Chargers hands, if they are looking to get rid of him.

Oh definitely. When I say indifferent I mean I don't really think about him much. But he's definitely a good QB in a bad situation. If he was available I'd take him to finish his career

Hey Darkest...in case you're not depressed enough....

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2015/11/miami-dolphins-fans-ache-over-another-season-headed-in-wrong-direction.html

Once upon a time, Miami's professional football team was a source of pride.

Then the decline came. It wasn't that the team was no longer great. We could handle not winning a Super Bowl every year. It was just that they were no longer a source of pride.

We had instead what can best be described as a source of ridicule.

We had coaches quit in their heart before the season was over, as Jimmy Johnson did in 1998 and again in '99.

We had 62-7.

We had great businessmen make poor decisions as Wayne Huizenga did by letting Johnson pick Dave Wannstedt, followed by the hiring of Nick Saban and Cam Cameron and, even Bill Parcells.

We had not just poor draft picks but historically bad picks like Yatil Green and John Avery and Pat White and others.

We had that 1-15 season and the drafting of the Ted Ginn family and the failing forward fast.

And then we got a new owner and we didn't get any better. We got worse. We didn't get Jeff Fisher because the new owner valued Jeff Ireland more. And we got that plane trip across country to hire Jim Harbaugh as head coach while the current head coach sat in his office in Davie.

We got Gator Day at Sun Life the day Tim Tebow pulled a comeback. We got orange carpets and celebrity ownership. We got fist pumping field goals. We got extensions for coaches that needed to be fired. And then we got a late-season firing of one head coach whose contract had been extended and and an early-season firing of another head coach whose contract had been extended.

The Dolphins have lost a generation of fans.

In South Florida, the Dolphins ruled once upon a time. But that reign has ended. The Heat has won three titles the past decade and been to five NBA Finals. Children don't grow up singing the Dolphins fight song anymore because the idea of "Miami Dolphins No. 1" is unrealistic.

These Dolphins, once great and a source of pride and joy, have hurt themselves badly the past dozen years or so.

I hope they realize they've also hurt their fans.

Line_HTX

LOL, I just saw the Gatorade commercial with Skip in it. I liked how Messi hoisted the Cup, Wade's son smacked him upside the head, and Eli flashed both of his rings.

Oh definitely. When I say indifferent I mean I don't really think about him much. But he's definitely a good QB in a bad situation. If he was available I'd take him to finish his career

I wonder how many years he has left. If Bradford turns out not to be the guy I would rather they get a younger guy. I dont want to be going through the QB carousel every few years. Then again the only way to get a good young QB is to be stupidly lucky.

squicken

The segment on Kap is spot on.

Kid is a physical freak with absolutely zero mental acumen for the position, and can no longer 'athlete' his way out of his weaknesses.

I see lots of fans pining for the guy, and I'm just stunned. He is so broken at this point. It's not that he is the worst QB in the league, it's that he is 28 and has so far to go. Why not start with a young guy if you have to completely rebuild a guy?

Top Bottom