• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 10 |OT| - A Fraud is Not Clearly Better Than Blaine Gabbert

gutshot

I wonder how many years he has left. If Bradford turns out not to be the guy I would rather they get a younger guy. I dont want to be going through the QB carousel every few years. Then again the only way to get a good young QB is to be stupidly lucky.

He's not a QB that relies on superior athleticism, so at 33 years old, I'd say he's got at least 4-5 good years left in him. That's more than enough of a window for this team to win a championship. But I just don't see the Chargers giving him up, especially since they will be moving to LA next year.

I see lots of fans pining for the guy, and I'm just stunned. He is so broken at this point. It's not that he is the worst QB in the league, it's that he is 28 and has so far to go. Why not start with a young guy if you have to completely rebuild a guy?

Tiki and Tirney the other day had a whole segment on who would you rather have as your QB, Kap or Cam. It is funny that Kap is equal or better in basically every category and yet the perception is that he is total garbage, while Cam is being talked about as a possible MVP this year. I really do wonder if Kap could get to a team with a good defense and real head coaches, if he wouldnt still be able to win games.

Hindl

I wonder how many years he has left. If Bradford turns out not to be the guy I would rather they get a younger guy. I dont want to be going through the QB carousel every few years. Then again the only way to get a good young QB is to be stupidly lucky.

I dunno we've been in the QB carousel ever since McNabb left anyway. If we get the chance, I'd take Rivers since he still has some fuel in the tank. That would buy stability for a couple years while Chip tries to find a project/builds out the rest of the team. But, it's a crap shoot to find one of those

It's great, just like all the other Bethesda games.

Ehhhh. I haven't played FO4, and it looks cool plus it's in Boston, but I wouldn't call the rest of Bethesda's games great. Maybe this changes it

Doomsayer

Tiki and Tirney the other day had a whole segment on who would you rather have as your QB, Kap or Cam. It is funny that Kap is equal or better in basically every category and yet the perception is that he is total garbage, while Cam is being talked about as a possible MVP this year. I really do wonder if Kap could get to a team with a good defense and real head coaches, if he wouldnt still be able to win games.

Stats are kind of misleading though. Watching Cam play and watching Kap play are two entirely different things. Cam is really good from the pocket and uses his athletic ability to extend plays or make some key runs. Cam has evolved so much over the past two years it's kind of insane.

Kap on the otherhand is a mess. His footwork is terrible and looks lost when trying to read defenses. Give Cam the offense that Kap has right now and he would be putting up absolutely insane numbers.

Malalaw

Looks a whole lot like another Fallout game. So it depends if you like Fallout games.

The latter.

;D

It's great, just like all the other Bethesda games.

I do enjoy fallout. Just really buggy messes for the most part so I usually wait a bit to pick them up. Just wanting opinions on if this is worth grabbing right away or not.

I'd get for PC if it wasn't being finicky right now

Line_HTX

do Bethesda employ bug testers seems like everyones all time complaints are bugs here and there with their games

The real and actual frauds are Bethesda. They are not worthy of AAA and are always overrated boring Shit. At least they are not EA or WB level of vomit.

Hindl

do Bethesda employ bug testers seems like everyones all time complaints are bugs here and there with their games

Doesn't seem like it, and at this point everyone expects it. So why bother putting in the effort if your community will do it for you, and no one will get mad if there are game breaking glitches?

squicken

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14069984/how-raise-young-nfl-quarterback-espn-magazine-nfl

ESPN had a slew of features on young the young QBs

QMqgumO.jpg

Tom Penny

Work with someone 11 years and out of nowhere they have an aneurism and they are gone. You just never know. Shit is fucking crazy.

Hindl

The real and actual frauds are Bethesda. They are not worthy of AAA and are always overrated boring Shit. At least they are not EA or WB level of vomit.

Agreed. For the longest time they were the only ones creating semi-decent open world RPGs with huge scope, which dazzled people and turned their attention away from the mediocrity of the actual gameplay. But now, with games like MGSV, Witcher, potentially Just Cause, and others, the Bethesda open world with it's bugs and jank isn't that impressive anymore

eznark

Banned
Agreed. For the longest time they were the only ones creating semi-decent open world RPGs with huge scope, which dazzled people and turned their attention away from the mediocrity of the actual gameplay. But now, with games like MGSV, Witcher, potentially Just Cause, and others, the Bethesda open world with it's bugs and jank isn't that impressive anymore

If Just Cause doesn't have jank it shouldn't get to call itself Just Cause.

Hindl

If Just Cause doesn't have jank it shouldn't get to call itself Just Cause.

Fair enough I guess it has been a while since I looked at JC2 there was that. But the gameplay in JC with the destructible environments, wingsuit and grapple in 3 look like a blast. Take out the jank from Skyrim and the combat and movement is still ass

LevelNth

Banned
Unfortunately this is just the stat based nonsense that is so prevalent in football 'analysis' today. All that is required is truly watching Kap play, and it's why I was so confident Gabbert was going to play head and shoulders above him despite no Hyde or Boldin.

Kap's footwork and pocket presence is so beyond poor it's borderline laughable. He has immense arm strength and great speed, but his quickness has already started to decline which compounds the pocket presence issue.

I would really love to know what people are seeing in Kap's play right now that makes them think it's not him but the team or coaching staff that is somehow holding him back. It's simply not true.

squicken

Both Chase Stuart and Football Outsiders had this past week as the most productive week for QBs in history. One thing I had noticed more than anything was how frequently elite WRs are now targeted by their QBs.

Targets/Team Attempts

ABrown 23/50
Evans 19/36
ODB 17/40
Cooper 12/44
Crabtree 13/44
Watkins 8/12
Julio 17/45

So is there some secret sauce to David Carr being better? Or is it just "he has Cooper and Crabtree now". Is Jameis better than Mariotta, or does he have a guy who bails him out and MM doesn't? Did the evil Killdrive go away and awesome Eli return, or did they just draft Beckham?

Why did Cole Beasley go off vs PHI? b/c the Eagles couldn't cover Dez and Witten. So ...

CTeCykcVAAAHv9B.png

gutshot

Both Chase Stuart and Football Outsiders had this past week as the most productive week for QBs in history. One thing I had noticed more than anything was how frequently elite WRs are now targeted by their QBs.

Targets/Team Attempts

ABrown 23/50
Evans 19/36
ODB 17/40
Cooper 12/44
Crabtree 13/44
Watkins 8/12
Julio 17/45

So is there some secret sauce to David Carr being better? Or is it just "he has Cooper and Crabtree now". Is Jameis better than Mariotta, or does he have a guy who bails him out and MM doesn't? Did the evil Killdrive go away and awesome Eli return, or did they just draft Beckham?

And this was a week where Nuk Hopkins was on a bye. That dude has been a target monster this year.

Hindl

Why did Cole Beasley go off vs PHI? b/c the Eagles couldn't cover Dez and Witten. So ...

Well a few of Beasley's plays were also due to him being covered in the slot by Jenkins. Jenkins doesn't have the speed to keep up with Beasley. Biggers, who isn't nearly as good as Jenkins, did better against Beasley once he started covering him since he's better laterally than Jenkins

Targets/Team Attempts

ABrown 23/50
Evans 19/36
ODB 17/40
Cooper 12/44
Crabtree 13/44
Watkins 8/12
Julio 17/45

CTeCykcVAAAHv9B.png

Carr was making sandwiches in the backfield against Pittsburgh. The Steelers pass rush is ferocious this year so that speaks to just how good his offensive line is,

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Speaking of the R8hers.

Police are investigating the alleged taunting of a police K-9 by a member of the Oakland Raiders at Heinz Field Sunday afternoon.

According to police, the incident happened as the Raiders were taking the field for their matchup with the Steelers.

“We were immediately notified about the incident, and we immediately initiated a criminal investigation into the matter. Sheriff’s Office supervisors interviewed witnesses and reviewed video surveillance recordings at Heinz Field. We notified the District Attorney’s Office on Sunday. The Sheriff’s Office is currently reviewing all of the information and reports to make a final determination relating to charges,” Allegheny County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Kevin Kraus said.

Taunting a police K-9 is a felony in Pennsylvania.

bionic77

I don't know what the fuck to make of the news that Ben has a chance to play this weekend. I also don't trust our medical staff. Ben is clearly not a human being. The hits he takes seem to end the season for most players, and yet he is out a week for a knee that gets bent in the wrong direction and maybe not even a week for a foot that bent in half.

I am sure you guys addressed it but I hate Fischer and yet how could not love his response to Harrison.

squicken

Well a few of Beasley's plays were also due to him being covered in the slot by Jenkins. Jenkins doesn't have the speed to keep up with Beasley. Biggers, who isn't nearly as good as Jenkins, did better against Beasley once he started covering him since he's better laterally than Jenkins

But Beasley was running routes in the middle of the field with huge voids either way. There isn't a corner alive who can cover that consistently if the pass rush doesn't get there. Bradford's throw to JMat on the game winner was somewhat similar. As long as Lane held off Hardy long enough, that pass was going to be open

I don't know what the fuck to make of the news that Ben has a chance to play this weekend. I also don't trust our medical staff. Ben is clearly not a human being. The hits he takes seem to end the season for most players, and yet he is out a week for a knee that gets bent in the wrong direction and maybe not even a week for a foot that bent in half.

I am sure you guys addressed it but I hate Fischer and yet how could not love his response to Harrison.

There's got to be some correlation between porking fat chicks and having a super high pain threshold.

Top Bottom