• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 11 |OT| - A Fraud‘s Time

jmdajr

I'm ok with Texans acting like they won the Superbowl.

I couldn't find a single analyst who picked them to win. I mean, even the Lions had someone pick them to win.

DMczaf

...football

giphy.gif

eznark

Banned

I kind of thank God that the Lions were able to put together one scoring drive there at the end. I think 95% of the Green Bay population would have killed themselves if they weren't able to blame a Capers defensive collapse for the loss.

eznark

Banned
HOLY MOTHERFUCK AN ACTUAL NFL BEAT REPORTER IS BLAMING OLIVIA MUNN!!!!!!!!!

Love life: A longtime NFL agent told me recently that when he sees one of his top-performing clients play differently, as Rodgers has of late, the first thing he wonders is if something is going on in his personal life. There’s no indication that Rodgers’ relationship status has changed. Lions reporters said they spotted Rodgers’ girlfriend, actress Olivia Munn, at Lambeau Field on Sunday. Sometimes it's easy to forget that professional athletes have lives away from the field, and you never know what could be going on in their personal lives.

Striker

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 34m34 minutes ago
With Victor Cruz headed to IR, the Giants will be re-signing WR Hakeem Nicks, sources say. Here comes his best shot to recapture old form.
Meh. White and Harris will be enough. Not anticipating Nicks can do anything at this point.

Greg

I kind of thank God that the Lions were able to put together one scoring drive there at the end. I think 95% of the Green Bay population would have killed themselves if they weren't able to blame a Capers defensive collapse for the loss.
you can't blame Aaron for thinking about the 1000 yards of offense they gave up when he sailed those deep balls and shit himself in the pocket!

ampere

Woooooooooo!

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/m1tA6G0LsVk7np5l1cYVFvbi7Zo=/800x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4268981/buc.0.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

That is a crazy college-esque play

Man you could fuck your neck up doing that

Godslay

Banned
I know that Home Field Advantage is somewhat of a long shot with what amounts to an unknown at QB, but either way thanks to the Texans for giving us a shot to come and claim it, as our destiny is in our hands.

I'm giving Migs credit on this one. He came through in the clutch.

BigAT

Meh. White and Harris will be enough. Not anticipating Nicks can do anything at this point.

Even if I thought Nicks had something left in the tank, they really need someone that can play the slot, which Nicks is likely incapable of. I was actually a little disappointed they didn't sign the corpse of Welker when he was available, I thought he could have had success in their system.

BannedEpisode and any other Vikings fans that are concerned about Bridgewater & his lack of deep passes:

Andrew Garda
‏@Andrew_Garda

Watching the All 22 on Vikings offense (Raiders tomorrow) – not much open deep for Bridgewater. Can’t throw long if nobody is there.

Andrew Garda
‏@Andrew_Garda

Also the criticism of holding the ball – he’s trying to wait for somebody to get open. Not that they were.

Wallace has been a fucking dud. I wish we would have just kept Jennings. The old guy wasn't flashy, but he was dependable.
WR is far away from OLine and a second safety as far as areas of need, but man I'd love for Teddy to get a big Jeffery or Fitz type receiver next season.

Hammer24

Banned
Given the state of QB in the NFL, someone is going to take a QB round 1, even if they aren't worthy of it

Looking at the two win teams (which are probably fighting for the #1 spot and are thus the most desperate to make a splash):
- Lions
- Cowboys
- Chargers
- Titans
- Browns
- Ravens
... all either have a franchise QB, or draftet one early not too long ago.

It could happen.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Watt is the Jon Jones of the NFL - Wants to play the face but can't shake his heel tendencies.

please, if he was black people would be all like JJ watt is a thug.
He's probably the only player that can say what he did and get away with it, because he's white and so far proven to be an upstanding citizen.

Hindl

Looking at the two win teams (which are probably fighting for the #1 spot and are thus the most desperate to make a splash):
- Lions
- Cowboys
- Chargers
- Titans
- Browns
- Ravens

It could happen.

Yeah it could, I'm not necessarily talking about #1 spot just throughout the whole round. If we're going by that yeah I could see the first 10-15 picks going without a QB, but I think somewhere in the first round a team might take one. When was the last time we got out of the 1st round without a QB?

It'll also be interesting to see where the QBs do get taken this draft. Think any would fall to the 3rd-4th?

I'm not sure if you're disagreeing with me here.

Maybe using wrestling talk isn't the best way to describe a message lol

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I'm not sure if you're disagreeing with me here.

because he is able to play the face. But no one gives him shit when he talks shit, because he backs it up on the field and because he's white. I'm saying fans and media are racist.

look how they reacted when Sherman talked shit about crabtree.

Hammer24

Banned
Yeah it could, I'm not necessarily talking about #1 spot just throughout the whole round. If we're going by that yeah I could see the first 10-15 picks going without a QB, but I think somewhere in the first round a team might take one. When was the last time we got out of the 1st round without a QB?

It'll also be interesting to see where the QBs do get taken this draft. Think any would fall to the 3rd-4th?

My reasoning is, at I think teams on spots 1 to 10 are the desperate ones. Where a town, fanbase and local sports media are out for blood, jobs on the line, full on panic mode.
They do not really draft by need, but by name recognition, to make a splash, instill hope and sell tickets.
IMO next years QB class is pretty week. If those first 10 somehow get by with not drafting one, I could really envision QBs to fall like rocks, even to the 4th round.

jbug617

Banned
Manziel name the starter for the Browns for the rest of the season
@RapSheet: The #Browns are starting QB Johnny Manziel for the rest of the season, source said (as @JayGlazer reported).

because he is able to play the face. But no one gives him shit when he talks shit, because he backs it up on the field and because he's white. I'm saying fans and media are racist.

look how they reacted when Sherman talked shit about crabtree.

While I agree, that's not what I meant.

Look how quick Watt pussied out and backed off his comments, even though you know that's how he felt. Don't say heelish things then take them back when someone gets offended - that's the point of saying heelish things!

:jnc at anyone trying to act like race has nothing to do with why Titans fans are mad at Cam for what he did

Sure didn't hear anything about "bad role model talk" from Titans fans when their last owner flipped off an opposing team's fans. Meantime dancingisforbidden.mp4

eznark

Banned

Look how quick Watt pussied out and backed off his comments, even though you know that's how he felt. Don't say heelish things then take them back when someone gets offended - that's the point of saying heelish things!

Exactly. Backs up the "bully" label. He's a coward.

- Lions
- Cowboys
- Chargers
- Titans
- Browns
- Ravens

It could happen.

Lol at Fatford being a franchise QB.

Jerry wanted to draft JFF 2 years ago, Romo is now 2 years older and coming off another serious injury. Definitely look for Dallas to go QB early in the draft.

Rivers is getting older as well, they tried to trade him last year, it wouldnt surprise me if they try again this year.

Browns are starting JFF this year, if he doesnt play well they will definitely be looking for a QB.

Ravens are stuck with Flacco for a few more years.

Flacco's not even in the top 10 Ravens problems. No QB could succeed in the current situation.

Pats fans crying because Edelman's likely out for the year, meanwhile every single receiver they have left would be #1 on the Ravens depth chart. Shit, it might be to the point where even Ted Ginn's an improvement, at least he's healthy

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

That didn't happen?

I don't think he's responded to what Dalton has said yet?

Hindl

My reasoning is, at I think teams on spots 1 to 10 are the desperate ones. Where a town, fanbase and local sports media are out for blood, jobs on the line, full on panic mode.
They do not really draft by need, but by name recognition, to make a splash, instill hope and sell tickets.
IMO next years QB class is pretty week. If those first 10 somehow get by with not drafting one, I could really envision QBs to fall like rocks, even to the 4th round.

Fair enough I think that's good reasoning and you may have a point. Although like Yankee said I could see Jerruh looking for Romo's replacement. They have decent players at most positions but just completely collapsed without Romo. I could see maybe an investment in a RB instead. But I see your line of thought and you may be right given the state of various franchises

Hammer24

Banned
Lol at Fatford being a franchise QB.

I´m not saying he is, but the Lions sure treat him like one.

Jerry wanted to draft JFF 2 years ago, Romo is now 2 years older and coming off another serious injury. Definitely look for Dallas to go QB early in the draft.

Is there a texan prospect in the upcoming draft, Jerry would antagonize Romo over?

Rivers is getting older as well, they tried to trade him last year, it wouldnt surprise me if they try again this year.

IMO the most probable scenario.

Browns are starting JFF this year, if he doesnt play well they will definitely be looking for a QB.

After a failed attempt at drafting one early, I´d fully expect them to go shopping on the used car lot.

Ravens are stuck with Flacco for a few more years.

They could actually get a young gun to groom behind Flacco for the time they are stuck with his contract.

Tom Nook

Been awful with my picks but here it is......

JAX @ TEN

STL @ BAL
WAS @ CAR
DEN @ CHI
DAL @ MIA
OAK @ DET
NYJ @ HOU
IND @ ATL
TB @ PHI

KC @ SD
GB @ MIN
SF @ SEA