• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 11 |OT| - A Fraud‘s Time

The Patriots game was the last straw for me with Tannehill. I hate that he doesn't have that competitive drive that you always see with the great QBs, just seems like he's going through the motions. I'm not dumb enough to think they can find someone better that easily but I feel like we've seen his ceiling and it's lower than I was hoping for.

I still think he can be better under a different coach, the play calls have been horrible, even in games where he plays really well, I've been listening to Ians podcast a lot recently so he might be swaying my opinion but I also don't think he's gonna be a consistent top 10 QB. Like you said our best bet is building a strong team around him and we Flacco/Eli our way to a Superbowl, neither one of those QBs are consistent but they manage to string 4 - 5 great games together at the right time. By far my biggest concern is the defense and Ross picking another dud to lead this team so best bet is we rise above mediocrity for a few season (9-7) maybe make the playoffs a few years from now but ultimately collapse and we start the process all over again. :(

LevelNth

Banned
I wonder if last night's loss is going to get into Dalton, Lewis and Jackson's heads so much it alone wrecks them in the playoffs.

Loved Jackson calling play action passes with less than a minute left. GOOD ONE.

eznark

Banned
to be fair, Dalton dropped "integrity of the game" nonsense about trash talk.

Yeah, that's really idiotic. I think Watt made himself look like a meathead clown but Dalton's response was just as bad.

But no matter how he responded he would have been "salty"

Line_HTX

Dalton: I'm disappointed in Watt

SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Dalton: Watt is a bitch, check the standings fool! Go take another nap.

OH HE SOOOOOOOOOOO SALLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Let's see how Andy reacts if he got kicked down there like how Watt got kicked down there.

XD

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Yeah, that's really idiotic. I think Watt made himself look like a meathead clown but Dalton's response was just as bad.

But no matter how he responded he would have been "salty"

Of course, this is the internet, everyone is salty all the time. You're so salty about everything I don't know how you haven't drowned yourself in water.

Syrinx

Tebow brings the circus with him, and he has an odd throwing motion. JFF was a mess when they drafted him, but he throws a nice ball and he doesnt get 1/100 the attention that Tebow gets.

I mean...Johnny had his own circus around him when he was drafted and in his first year. It's cooled down but it may return.

The Patriots game was the last straw for me with Tannehill. I hate that he doesn't have that competitive drive that you always see with the great QBs, just seems like he's going through the motions. I'm not dumb enough to think they can find someone better that easily but I feel like we've seen his ceiling and it's lower than I was hoping for.

Well regardless, we're stuck with him for at least another year, and I don't think the Dolphins have seen anything yet that makes QB a must change position when there's so much weaker spaces to fill.

A QB change might be necessary if Tannehill doesn't improve, but replacing him without fixing a lot of the other problems on the team won't bring us any more wins.

MechDX

Cant wait to see the "Red Ryder" thing at every stadium Dalton visits.

I called him a pussy during the first half of lasts nights game for a reason. Soft as a damn marshmallow.

Too early to give up on Tannehill, no better options out there so why pursue them?

Exactly what I think. I don't think there's anything wrong with drafting competition if you see someone you like in the draft in the 3rd round, but there's no better options for the fins right now and that contract pretty much means he's here to stay for a while.

And there's always the chance he figures it out and greatly improves. You don't need an Aaron Rodgers to win a SB.

Line_HTX

Deacon and eznark are just jealous because Jon Gruden said during the game that he automatically feels like he's a better person when he's near Watt's presence.

;P

JABEE

2YEQHAo.jpg

nI2H9J7.jpg

Zwqcr3g.png

Milchjon

Exactly what I think. I don't think there's anything wrong with drafting competition if you see someone you like in the draft in the 3rd round, but there's no better options for the fins right now and that contract pretty much means he's here to stay for a while.

And there's always the chance he figures it out and greatly improves. You don't need an Aaron Rodgers to win a SB.

you need Joe Philbin coaching rodgers to win a SB

Too early to give up on Tannehill, no better options out there so why pursue them?

Don't disagree with any of this, I'm just sad that his ceiling is "just good enough franchise QB."

Hindl

I see that not as a Dallas specific problem, but a general one.
If you are looking for a replacement for your franchise QB, the first round is the worst place. First round guys are more or less expected to start right away, or at least get an honest chance at competition for the starting spot.
Your franchise QB in the autumn of his career ties up a lot of your sal cap, the last thing you want to do is shake up his confidence, or antagonize him towards the franchise (look how the Favre - Rodgers thing played out in Green Bay).
The best thing to do is finding a talent in a later round, where everyone agrees the dude needs a couple years of clipboard holding and tutelage from your franchise QB. Win win for everyone.

Fair enough, I guess we'll just have to wait till May to see how it shakes out.

In other news, I got Fallout 4 after absolutely loathing previous Bethesda games (I was able to try it first). And I have to say it is a lot better. The shooting feels pretty good and the gun modification is fun. The settlement stuff is cool too. The usual Bethesda jank and crashes still bug the hell out of me though. The game overall seems similar to how I feel about MGS V. Both are great games that are doing cool stuff and that I'm having a good time in. But both are also massive teases where I see unrealized potential that I wish they took farther. Still, if you've hated previous Fallout/Elder Scrolls games, give this one a shot

you need Joe Philbin coaching rodgers to win a SB

That Philbin guy did wonders for Rodgers. Maybe he can help Tannehill!

Don't disagree with any of this, I'm just sad that his ceiling is "just good enough franchise QB."

Guys like Flacco won a super bowl with that title, while people like Rivers are stuck in the shit because the rest of his team can never perform. "Just good enough" is better than the Hennes of the world.

Top Bottom