• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

MechDX

I don't think Rick will ever be fired. McNair will probably never give anyone full control, but he could hand over GM duties to someone who is O'Brien's guy. Rick will get a raise and promotion like Howie Roseman, but lose power

I have said all along Rick will not be fired but "promoted" and that Gaine would get GM duties.

Jets also wanted to interview Gaine last off season and the Texans denied it but allowed Mike Maccagnan to interview

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I don't think Rick will ever be fired. McNair will probably never give anyone full control, but he could hand over GM duties to someone who is O'Brien's guy. Rick will get a raise and promotion like Howie Roseman, but lose power

Will that be enough for you to come home?

Godslay

Banned

This always confuses me.

It's either all credit or no credit.

Who takes credit for Clowney and Johnson? Especially since both of them are playing well?

Don't get me wrong here, I don't really care what happens to Smith or BOB. It just always seems like two siblings fighting for attention. When they should be working together? Maybe that's just how the media paints it.

MechDX

This always confuses me.

It's either all credit or no credit.

Who takes credit for Clowney and Johnson? Especially since both of them are playing well?

Don't get me wrong here, I don't really care what happens to Smith or BOB. It just always seems like two siblings fighting for attention. When they should be working together? Maybe that's just how the media paints it.

Don't know but look at facts using Moore as an example. He has been terrible (like you said) and is now as healthy inactive for the 3rd straight week. If its true that him and Graham were Smityh choices it does not look good and gives O'Brien leverage.

I still stick with my theory that Mallett was not O'briens idea and he took the bullet for McNair/Smith.

BTW, I can see a scenario where Graham is released in the off season and Gary will want him. he played well in that offense but just struggles in this one.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
squicken coming home to the Texans:

the-band.gif

giphy.gif

FTF

Go Pats…looks like some snow tonight too. Brady definitely has more experience in the snow, but literally only 2 reliable players to throw to (with Gronk needing to block half the time). Should be an ugly, low scoring game tonight :/

Godslay

Banned
Don't know but look at facts using Moore as an example. He has been terrible (like you said) and is now as healthy inactive for the 3rd straight week. If its true that him and Graham were Smityh choices it does not look good and gives O'Brien leverage.

I still stick with my theory that Mallett was not O'briens idea and he took the bullet for McNair/Smith.

I get that there is a greater body of work to judge Smith on. So you can probably draw better conclusions on his work because of that.

With that said, we know that BOB and Smith work hand in hand in these. So really wouldn't they both take credit and lose credibility for the decisions made?

Just always seems like a power struggle and doesn't really do the team favors in my opinion. Makes them look like a disjointed operation.

Honestly it seems like we've heard this story every week to varying degrees.

MechDX

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ebook-tom-bradys-rise-began-vs-peyton-manning

3) Texans' revival. The Texans trailed 42-0 to the Falcons after three quarters in Week 4, and somehow that wasn't rock bottom. The coup de godawful appeared to come three weeks later, when Houston fell behind 41-0 at the half to a team led by an interim coach. That was followed by murmurs of internal dysfunction between the front office and coaching staff. And it was easy to ask the question of whether Bill O'Brien was losing his team. Both players also pointed to So that week, I asked a prominent Texans player, who responded that wasn't the case. It wasn't the easiest thing to believe at the time, but the guy assured me that O'Brien's frank and straightforward nature would carry the team through. As it turns out, more than anything, O'Brien has been able to pull it off in the time since, according to those there, by taking ownership of what went down early in the year. On Monday, a day after Houston won its third straight game to even the record at 5-5, I circled back and asked the player about how it happened, and he answered, "He's a great coach. We just knew we weren't playing up to our capabilities and had trust in him that we'd all turn it around." Another vet echoed the sentiment on Monday night: "Bill's a great coach. He's made great adjustments across the board. ... It's never been about [the staff losing the team. The games we got blown out, those were just those days where nothing works and literally everything is working for the other team."how the Texans finished those rollicking routs: They scored three consecutive fourth-quarter touchdowns in Atlanta, and outscored the Dolphins 26-3 in the second half in Miami. According to those in the building, two other things that have made a difference: The game-plan-by-the-week philosophy of O'Brien (a staple of his former boss in New England, Bill Belichick) has made the Texans more adaptable to change when it struggles; and the state of the AFC South made it clear that every goal was still in front of them. That allowed O'Brien to stay consistent with the players. And he has. As a result, things look a lot different now than they did a month ago.

Money on the bolded being Wilfork and Hoyer.

Godslay

Banned
Go Pats…looks like some snow tonight too. Brady definitely has more experience in the snow, but literally only 2 reliable players to throw to (with Gronk needing to block half the time). Should be an ugly, low scoring game tonight :/

Field is now heated so depending on how fast it falls, it might not even stick.

squicken

Honestly it seems like we've heard this story every week to varying degrees.
I think Mallett is all on O'Brien. There's no way Rick is going to be able to tell him who to play at QB. Now the Clowney pick was probably Rick, and hey, they may work out now! Even Mercillus is playing well.

We're all Broncos fans tonight

MechDX

So uh , is Keshawn Martin playing tonight?

Or is it going to be the dangerous duo of LaFell and Harper?

You cant stop Keyshawn Martin but only hope to contain him!

I think Mallett is all on O'Brien. There's no way Rick is going to be able to tell him who to play at QB. Now the Clowney pick was probably Rick, and hey, they may work out now! Even Mercillus is playing well.

Mallett starting wasn't O'Brien or Smith IMO.

Godslay

Banned

I'm sure it works both ways.

Probably guys who BOB asked for, and probably some guys Smith went after.

In reality I bet it's a lot more gray than is portrayed by the media.

squicken

Didn't see it, but rapsheet said on NFLN that Suh gave a speech to D that was basically “I run this D, I’m gonna be here the next 5 years and there’s no guarantee you will be"

Squicken's label is being retired and sent back to team Texans? Now Tabris becomes a Bills fan..

Also how long is RBH gone for??

Seriously Josh Norman seems like a great guy, idk if Grovo trump deserves him. Id split a happy meal with him and Joe haden.

Are we talking about an actual happy meal or Adam's happy meal?

Ohh anyone else see that countdown segment on Johnny?
Squicken's label is being retired and sent back to team Texans? Now Tabris becomes a Bills fan..

Also how long is RBH gone for??

Are we talking about an actual happy meal or Adam's happy meal?
Wtf is Adams happy meal?.......... Pervert

Top Bottom