• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

Mary Kay CabotVerified account ‏@MaryKayCabot 29s 29 seconds ago
#Browns QB Josh McCown just crashed the #Ravens Matt Schaub conference call and asked how his prep was going for their MNF matchup.
OMG I think this is real wtf lol. Pls
Daryl Ruiter ‏ @ RuiterWrongFAN 2h 2 hours ago
# Browns avoid London for another year; # Bengals # Rams lose home games in 2
Wes I'm sorry :/ looks like NFL trying not to ruin foreign relations

ESPN did a list of emergency QBs due to injuries. Here's how every team's QB situation looks like if the worst-case scenario happens:

Bills: Backup receiver Chris Hogan (was college QB/current TE MarQueis Gray but he's IR'd)
Dolphins: Receiver Jarvis Landry
Patriots: Amendola (was Edelman but he's done)
Jets: Kerley or Bilal Powell
Ravens: Punter Sam Koch
Bengals: Sanu
Browns: Brian Hartline
Steelers: Heath Miller
Texans: Punter Shane Lechler or Cecil Shorts
Colts: Pat McAfee
Jags: Denard Robinson
Titans: Kendall Wright or Harry Douglas
Broncos: Owen Daniels
Chiefs: Spencer Ware
Raiders: Crabtree
Chargers: Weddle
Cowboys: Beasley
Giants: ODB or Randle
Eagles: Trey Burton
Washington: Darrel Young or Andre Roberts
Bears: Forte
Lions: Tate
Packers: Cobb
Vikings: Jarius Wright or Cordarrelle or McKinnon
Falcons: Eric Weems or Hester or Tamme or Jake Matthews
Panthers: Philly Brown
Saints: Willie Snead
Bucs: Russell Shepard or Sims or Rainey
Cards: Patrick Peterson
Rams: Johnny Hekker (punter)
49ers: Blake Bell or Ellington or Boldin
Seahawks: Kam

Crisco

Banned
cowboys are going to upset the panthers. they upset the colts (w/ manning/harrison/maybe james too) when they were looking to go undefeated and they did it to the Saints when they were undefeated (i think). They have a knack for winning games they shouldnt and shitty the best the rest of the season.

Yea? No.

I really don't think so. It's weird to feel this confident about my team, but the Panthers are really just clicking on all cylinders right now. Cam is playing at a level that should terrify the 31 other teams, Jonathan Stewart is looking like Lynch-lite, and the defensive line is adding Charles Johnson back to a group that's already produced the 3rd most sacks in the league. Even the wide receivers are looking more and more competent with each passing week, especially Funchess who's finally using his size and athleticism to attack balls in the air. A 3-7 team just doesn't frighten me, at all.

MechDX

4QADHYC.png

Book it. Done.

effzee

Guys I've come back to my senses and firmly believe Eagles will win the divisor and make it to the NFL Championship Game.

Thanks,
Effzee

I'm still salty but now all I want is Deacon to confirm how he became a Leafs fan.

This is all I have left in this thread right now...

Well that and my beautiful hair.

Your hair is magnificent Kave. We just need to smile and marvel the trainwreck that is our team.

You truly are beautiful. No one here can ever take that away from you.

So are you Dega.

You are not though

No one can compare to your cousin, I know.

In the end, Ozzie gets his man.

You are being held accountable for being a good team. Sounds rough.

This always happens when the Broncos play the Patriots. You guys turtle up, and try to play the underdog role, even when you haven't been the underdog since the AFCCG in 2013. Denver is the home underdog against NE, something that hasn't happened in a very long time. Probably since Tebow's start against the Steelers at home in the playoffs.

Personally, I won't let it happen this year. Sorry that you think there is some grand conspiracy theory behind it, and spooked yourself into thinking that I'm smarter than I really am. I've been consistent all year long as the Pats gathered a few injuries, that the train still rolls on as long as Brady, Gronk, and Edelman is still intact. Looks like even Edelman is replaceable by the way Amendola played. So it's revised to Brady and Gronk.

You still have the #1 D, the #1 O, you still have an idiot savant HC, and you still have a HoF QB and the most dominant TE we've seen since Gonzo.

You guys have me pinned into this corner where I can't praise you and I can't criticize you either. Give respect and you don't want it, give criticism and the pitchforks come out.

"Personally, I won't let it happen this year."
"spooked yourself into thinking that I'm smarter than I really am."
"You guys have me pinned into this corner where I can't praise you and I can't criticize you either. Give respect and you don't want it, give criticism and the pitchforks come out."

The mix of persecution complex, god complex, and inferiority complex in this post is ... Amazing.

Honest to goodness, I just like talking about football.

I know you guys missed my massive wall of text so here you go ;)

Cardinals, biiiiiiiiiiiiii.....what a game that was on Sunday. It must have been a lot of fun to watch for most fans while a cardiac inducer for Cards and Bengals fans. Down to the last second, high scoring but with both defenses making plays, doesn't get better than that. Well, if the first half was more like the second it'd have been since that was admittedly slow. Our worst half of the season. If we can ever put together a full 4 quarters we will be truly scary but we haven't been able to do it. We always have a lull quarter and this time a lull half but it's good to know we can survive that against once of the top teams in the league. Normally I'd say we wouldn't get away with that against a good team but we did. We finally got to play a team with a winning record so now people can shut up about that.

Carson is three TDs from matching Warner's best which was our SB season. Palmer is easily going to shatter what Warner did, now it's just a matter of taking us to the SB to match him there and hopefully winning it this time. Palmer leads the league in TDs and leads the team with the best offense with us having the most points and most TDs among other statistics but those are the two that matter. We just shit on the top two Defenses against scoring in the league two weeks in a row in Primetime. He should get the nod for MVP but we all know that won't happen unless maybe Carolina drops a few and we pass them for the #1 seed and even then, Brady is more popular. Although Brady gets a big nod for far less turnovers but I'll take 27 TDs and single digit picks any year going into Week 12. He's also won 21 of the last 25 starts.... If he stays healthy, sky is the limit for us. We are clearly a contender and just 4 seasons removed from 5 wins, that feels pretty good.

It's awesome how deep we are at WR and great to see our rookie have a big game when he's called upon. Floyd should be back soon if not this week and we have too many weapons for any defense to handle. CB is another story, we are screwed if Peterson misses much time but thankfully it was a low sprain and Arians says he's optimistic about him playing this week. That awesome news if true, I'd say rest him against the garbage Niners and then bring him back. Speaking of P2, he completely destroyed AJ Green. Green had twenty something yards against him...that's it. Peterson has been elite this year and now Cdy and FMT can see what I already knew. Last year he was out of shape and had Type 2 Diabetes. This year he got back in shape and shook off the Diab and is playing lights out. Rucker is the other injury that concerns me, he's been our best DL this year although Campbell gets double teamed every snap so he's the true beast but nonetheless, huge loss and I hope he comes back soon. We should be ok without him against the Niners but hopefully he'll return soon after that. At the absolute latest, need these guys against Minny.

We now hit the brief easier patch in the otherwise brutal second half of our schedule. We're perfect through two of the tougher games so far but now a nice easy game while we heal up (hopefully). The only two games to be concerned with are Minny and GB and thankfully both are here so that really ups our chances. I wouldn't even be worried about Minny to be honest but playing them on a short week after the Rams...that's brutal. If we can somehow escape significant injuries against the Rams (please god) we'll still be bruised and worn out. I really hate playing them, it's so annoying playing a crappy team but being concerned solely because they injure a player damn near every game they play. How many QBs have they taken out this year already? Plus broke Forsett's arm? Ridiculous. So yeah, Minny will be tough for that reason and GB was always going to be a top 2 difficult game on the schedule going into the season. I figured SEA in SEA would be the other but.... Winning IN Seattle is still a tough thing to do but the chickens are not the chickens of recent times. I think I saw Cdy mention it being our SB, don't flatter yourself. We aren't the Browns, only the actual SB serves that role. Palmer did that pelvic thrust to get back at Lynch from when he grabbed his crotch against us last year, surprised you forgot about that. Stanton dance was hilarious though. They were definitely happy to win there and moreso than some other games as you said because we haven't won there much and you're the only team we're competing against in the division AND the game was close at the end so of course we were pumped to win, who wouldn't be? How good your team has been this season is irrelevant in light of all that. Further more, you've lost to all top teams outside of the Rams and have been in it every loss so people aren't going to buy your team being complete trash. You're not even out of the playoff race just yet.

Anyway, 8-2 and about to improve to 9-2 after we trash the Niners again. Top 2 seed biding our time until CAR inevitably drops a few so we can claim number 1 (granted, we could drop Minny and or GB ourselves) but lets shoot for the top! Go Cardinals!

Thoughts are with Stedman Bailey and his family. Just horrible.

Glad to see the Broncos are saving Manning from himself. Get healed up and see where the Broz takes us.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Damn dega, you really needed jak to give you a weeks worth of pay? He might have to dip back into the MD2020 now :/

He hasn't sent me anything. $40 would be nice though.

edit: to tell you the truth part of me wants to let it go cause i feel like that might be a lot of money to jak lol i dunno

Godslay

Banned
"Personally, I won't let it happen this year."
"spooked yourself into thinking that I'm smarter than I really am."
"You guys have me pinned into this corner where I can't praise you and I can't criticize you either. Give respect and you don't want it, give criticism and the pitchforks come out."

The mix of persecution complex, god complex, and inferiority complex in this post is ... Amazing.

Honest to goodness, I just like talking about football.

Don'chu come outchere and try and ruf talk me and run me off.

jakncoke

Banned
He hasn't sent me anything. $40 would be nice though.

edit: to tell you the truth part of me wants to let it go cause i feel like that might be a lot of money to jak lol i dunno

Its not but you definitely werent apart of the original bet no matter how much you think you could jump in late lol

Disgusting to root for the Cowgirls but need the Panthers to drop a few. Go Cowboys! Are there any other games where the Panthers have a remote chance of losing? One of the ATL games I suppose. I need to look at their remaining schedule.

Edit: Damn, no tough games at all for them... Slight chance in hell of them losing to the Saints and Giants and as mentioned, ATL but all unlikely. It's supposed to be absurdly rare going undefeated through the reg season, are we really going to have two teams do it? They have to drop a couple...

Its not but you definitely werent apart of the original bet no matter how much you think you could jump in late lol

He jumped in the same day you made the original bet and you said sure. But if Dega wants to find the posts, that's his perogative.

Now, let's get down to brass tacks here. Jak, it's no secret that Penn State is the worst... But, if they get the win against Sparty. I will never make fun of Penn State again..

Top Bottom