• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 13 |OT| - A Fraud Gorged on Thanksgiving

Patriots really need to get a deep threat. Someone who can get deep when the short stuff doesnt work.

I think they're trying to establish that just to stretch the D a bit without any underneath threats, but it's tough. It also seems like Brady can't over-throw the defense like he used to be able to (think the 2011 Super Bowl on that early shot play that incidentally ended in a grounding penalty), which has turned a lot of would be safe incompletions into interceptions.

Milchjon

Eagles were really hampered by their undisciplined offensive line, particularly in the first half, but i think part of that is the scheme doesn't allow Bradford to put them in positions to succeed. Even if he recognizes blitzes or stunts based on alignment, his ability to check out is neutered forcing the linemen to make due...which results in holds, hands to the face and false starts. I swear Peters could get called for a false start on like 60% of their passing plays.

Some Pats blogger counted at least 8 missed false starts of varying degrees.

I like the Brockos.

Team feels pretty solid all-around

Brock is green, but confident and can make all the throws. Decision making will get better as the game comes to him. I think PM has to sit the rest of the way, this is Brock's team now.

Just stay healthy and hope for the best is all we can do.

Brock is the QB the Broncos need - doesn't get in their way.

No way Peyton is asked back. The entire league knows he's a playoff choker, you don't sit a kid who's winning for that under any circumstances. I'm just curious to how Elway is going to break it to him.

Tom Penny

They were putrid. /shrug

Worst part is it really wasn't the injuries, shitty special teams play and that god awful pick at the goal-line by Brady.
Pretty much. Obviously not used to seeing Benny Hill theme music football from them. Just get healthy and see what happens.

Godslay

Banned
We know that the Patriot's offense will get points when healthy.

The real question I have is how good is their defense? Are they what the numbers say? Or are they propped up by the offense making teams bail on their gameplan? If you can answer that honestly, I think that you have a good idea of what the Pats are long term.

Personally, I don't really know and I'm sure whatever opinion I have on them nobody would believe me anyways.

Brock is the QB the Broncos need - doesn't get in their way.

No way Peyton is asked back. The entire league knows he's a playoff choker, you don't sit a kid who's winning for that under any circumstances. I'm just curious to how Elway is going to break it to him.

I agree, it just seems like Peyton is pushing hard and it's like a game of chicken. One which Elway lost this summer with Manning. Guess we'll have to see which angle they take.

eznark

Banned
We know that the Patriot's offense will get points when healthy.

The real question I have is how good is their defense? Are they what the numbers say? Or are they propped up by the offense making teams bail on their gameplan? If you can answer that honestly, I think that you have a good idea of what the Pats are long term.

Personally, I don't really know and I'm sure whatever opinion I have on them nobody would believe me anyways.

What numbers and what are you claiming they say?

They are a totally adequate defense.

LevelNth

Banned
Loving Gabbert's play so far, and I just don't see how you can let anyone else start next season over him. It also reaffirms my belief that the Niners really need to go WR in one of the first two rounds.

The D is young and continually improving week to week, I have zero issues moving forward with McDonald and Bell at TE especially with how well McD blocks, but receiver is a glaring need. Smith is complementary and Patton and Ellington are just third/slot guys. Quambo can't keep carrying the load.

Tawpgun

To be fair, Pats lost on some shit special teams, that super questionable kick off by Bill, and Lafell fucking up his route.

Brady for sure made some questionable throws besides that but nothning that could have been overcome. There were plenty of great throws that should have been caught too.

Gronk I think should be back next game which will help a LOT if only to free up either Chandler, Amendola or Lafell.

I think we'll beat the Texans but our O line has to step up huge againt JJ Watt

MechDX

To be fair, Pats lost on some shit special teams, that super questionable kick off by Bill, and Lafell fucking up his route.

Brady for sure made some questionable throws besides that but nothning that could have been overcome. There were plenty of great throws that should have been caught too.

Gronk I think should be back next game which will help a LOT if only to free up either Chandler, Amendola or Lafell.

I think we'll beat the Texans but our O line has to step up huge againt JJ Watt[

Team isnt saying anything about it but Watt's groin injury is worse then they are letting on IMO. He didnt play very well yesterday.

Really hope Teddy sucking is a result of our Coordinator putting him on more 7 step drops than any other QB, having a shitty oline, and non existent WRs.

Or he just sucks.

I agree, it just seems like Peyton is pushing hard and it's like a game of chicken. One which Elway lost this summer with Manning. Guess we'll have to see which angle they take.

Hurt feelings are unavoidable. Elway just needs to pull the trigger - Peyton is going to be mad but them's the breaks. He tried to make a run but shit the bed and the Broncos have to go with the hot hand. Peyton made it that much easier by being absolutely awful this season.

KingBroly

Banned
How are the Browns so poorly run? Honest question.

Is it a bad owner? Team President? Constant GM and Coach fuckery? The fumes from the River still lingering?

Tom Penny

Hurt feelings are unavoidable. Elway just needs to pull the trigger - Peyton is going to be mad but them's the breaks. He tried to make a run but shit the bed and the Broncos have to go with the hot hand. Peyton made it that much easier by being absolutely awful this season.
The media disagrees. A 9 TD 17 int manning gives the Broncos the best chance to win.

Patriots really need to get a deep threat. Someone who can get deep when the short stuff doesnt work.

You are either joking or you just dont watch the games. What was Brady yesterday on deep throws? I wanna say 0-4 with a pick but it is possible I am not remembering some. The last thing the Pats need is for him to do more of that.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
How are the Browns so poorly run? Honest question.

Is it a bad owner? Team President? Constant GM and Coach fuckery? The fumes from the River still lingering?

The fans. They're complicit in the whole thing. Sometimes, I feel a little bit of pity for them, but then they say stupid shit. They want to fire everyone, bring in a new regime, draft yet another qb and start the cycle again. Until the fans figure out the cycle hasn't worked, doesn't work and will never work, they empower the owner to continue this shit.

You are either joking or you just dont watch the games. What was Brady yesterday on deep throws? I wanna say 0-4 with a pick but it is possible I am not remembering some. The last thing the Pats need is for him to do more of that.
If they had someone who could get deep consistently they wouldn't struggle so much. Lafell isn't a deep guy.

jmdajr

The fans. They're complicit in the whole thing. Sometimes, I feel a little bit of pity for them, but then they say stupid shit. They want to fire everyone, bring in a new regime, draft yet another qb and start the cycle again. Until the fans figure out the cycle hasn't worked, doesn't work and will never work, they empower the owner to continue this shit.

Opposite of Houston!

Not great success but not even close to Brown lows.

So they should keep a terrible coach who clearly has no idea what he is doing, and a GM who has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more misses then hits. Browns need to keep clearing guys out until they find some that are actually good at what they do.

If they had someone who could get deep consistently they wouldn't struggle so much. Lafell isn't a deep guy.

What about Da of Edelman? They are both quick guys, you would think they could get open deep. Not everyone is going to be Megatron, but I see other teams getting dude open down the field all the time. I do agree with you thought that Lafell is just terrible. He is one of those guys that if he was on a different team you would never even notice him.

ampere

The Amendola one (the one after he caught that pass) is the one I was referring to. I just like his tackle attempt on that gif.

The third quarter and the first drive of the 4th is the worst I've ever seen him play that I can remember. Woof.

Yea that was such a huge let down. We see this crazy trick play and then Tom throws a horrible pick... ugh.

We've bounced back from bad games before, but a home loss like that is very concerning. What the fuck is up with the offense and special teams

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
so we submitted our plat for our property on Friday and we also found out we close on our construction loan tomorrow. Wife and I are going to build a house on 5 acres. Hope to break ground in the next month.

EZ you built your own house right or am I misremembering?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Every year, too. You know the old saying, though. "Success happens overnight."

Godslay

Banned
What numbers and what are you claiming they say?

They are a totally adequate defense.

They've slumped the last two games in terms of playing decent defense. Prior they were something like 1st in PPG, their defense played well against the rush and the pass (stats back this up as well). They seemed solid. Now that the offense is struggling to some degree, it seems like the defense is also getting beat up because they aren't set up pretty. I mean they've given up 153.5 yards rushing per game on average in the last two games. It's one thing to play defense with a lead, it's another when teams don't abandon the run.

I guess I can't peg how good they are. Are they like the 2013 Bronco's D propped up by the offense and only having to defend the pass for the most part? Resulting in decent numbers, but a largely weak defense. Or are they solid as the current numbers show?

I'm not worried about his feelings. Broncos are just being safe with PR, and are trying to avoid a Belichick/Kosar situation from what I gather.

jmdajr

so we submitted our plat for our property on Friday and we also found out we close on our construction loan tomorrow. Wife and I are going to build a house on 5 acres. Hope to break ground in the next month.

EZ you built your own house right or am I misremembering?

5 acres?

Nice.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I see you Wanderwind, don't think you're out of the shit pile yet.

You'll be right back down here with me.

jakncoke

Banned
21 TE have been drafted in the 1st round, 6th is the highest with Vernon Davis and Kellen Winslow Jr. So congrats browns you drafted a TE the earliest ever.

Top Bottom