• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 13 |OT| - A Fraud Gorged on Thanksgiving

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
CVkbNNyWUAEye-h.jpg

The bros conversing on the sideline. I was hoping Jim would come to the Niners game. If they hadn't blown that game to Michigan State the day before, he probably would have been there.

Miami beat both Harbaughs at the same time

Seems like a good dude. EJ's a good dude too, he just can't throw for shit. Honestly, EJ should have gotten the Tyrod treatment. Sit and learn for 3 years and it for works out it works out, too bad he was an overdraft so he had to play.
Tyrod is a great guy from everything I know about him, I really hope he can find sustained success in the NFL.

The whole EJ/Tyrod thing was baffling to me from the very beginning as someone who watches a fair amount of ACC football. All of the issues EJ has now were clear as day when he played for FSU, and even then he did very little to set himself apart from the competition. That pick was a major reach from day one.

I do think sitting behind Flacco was extremely beneficial to Tyrod. He would not have been ready for the NFL straight out of college, physically or mentally. He has taken huge strides in his development as a passer since coming out, it's really fun to watch. I just hope he continues on that path and doesn't flame out due to injuries or hitting his ceiling quickly.

I have a 42" that I think is on its last legs. It does this thing where you turn it off then the red standby light just goes off for 10-15 minutes. When it decides to come on again I can resume watching as normal. I'm hesitant to even mention it because electronics know when you're talking bad about them. I want to get a projector but there's nowhere in my house that I could install one that wouldn't be a pain in the ass with glare. I was actually considering buying a new house just for a spot to install one but I want an acreage so I need to wait a bit longer.

I think when the TV...you know i'll get a 60 or higher, but the whole time I know i'll be thinking "damn I should just get the projector..."

I set my HTPC up so I can watch multiple streams but more often than not I just choose one game since most games recently have been absolute dogs.

LJ11

Boban, that's awesome, I hate how they drop the sound to mono when you quad box, dumb as fuck, no reason to. If you have the bandwidth you have the bandwidth. Really would love a projector, not really feasible with the way I have the living room unless I rearrange a few things. Doable in the bedroom though.

Pettine's on the next bus up to Buffalo too. LOL

Tyrod is a great guy from everything I know about him, I really hope he can find sustained success in the NFL.

The whole EJ/Tyrod thing was baffling to me from the very beginning as someone who watches a fair amount of ACC football. All of the issues EJ has now were clear as day when he played for FSU, and even then he did very little to set himself apart from the competition. That pick was a major reach from day one.

I do think sitting behind Flacco was extremely beneficial to Tyrod. He would not have been ready for the NFL straight out of college, physically or mentally. He has taken huge strides in his development as a passer since coming out, it's really fun to watch. I just hope he continues on that path and doesn't flame out due to injuries or hitting his ceiling quickly.

I think they need to let Tyrod air out a bit more, he's working the middle of the field better the last couple of weeks. That's his biggest weakness, anticipating the over the middle stuff.

TheFatOne

Couldn't watch the Pats game since I had too much work to do, but what happened my fellow Pats fans? From what I have read/seen it seems like the coaches were asleep at the wheel this week. Which is very surprising.

Syrinx

I'm curious on how some of you guys watch games on Sunday, mostly setups.

Back in Sept I got an ultrawide, 29incher because it was priced well and there was no way to fit a 34 inch monitor on my current desk. I really love this ultrawide, can snap two games on Gamepass and you don't miss anything. I also snap a couple of more on a 24 inch 1080p monitor, but sides are just slightly cut off on each game, nothing major but I'm thinking of upgrading to a 1440p screen. May be better to just save the cash and use it for a bigger upgrade in a year or two.

Edit: Yeah, I kind of agree with that Bucs statement. Winston year 1 was insane, mailed in year 2 but also is in all likelihood a piece of shit. Seems like a leader too. I'm glad I can cheer on Tyrod.

Also, I like how that fool Enron laughed when I said Cook may be the best back in the country when he was looking at a suspension, LOL. Next year's draft class is a sick RB class, position not dead yet.
I usually just watch the Bucs when they're on and keep one game on if theu aren't, flipping if the game is at half or stops being interesting.

Living in the dark ages here.

Tom Penny

Couldn't watch the Pats game since I had too much work to do, but what happened my fellow Pats fans? From what I have read/seen it seems like the coaches were asleep at the wheel this week. Which is very surprising.
Here is the cliff notes. The Eagles scored 21 straight points without the Pats D on the field once.

Injuries suck here, too, but this is why I was down on Reese yesterday when Future didn't agree. There's no rangey Safety, these LB's scare no one, Markus Kuhn, DE situation was a hilarious mess w/out JPP, etc.
I need to be clear in what I'm saying - I'm not high on Reese. I think he mismanaged the hell out of this roster from the end of the 2011 season until about 2013 and even before that to be frank. He watched key portions of this roster age and did very little to rebuild them (DL/OL in particular). His drafts were poor during the time period in question. His FA pick-ups were lackluster and he deserves to be criticized for all of that.

What I AM saying is that Giants fans need to temper their expectations if they expect Mara to fire Reese. Is it possible? Certainly. Is it probable? No. Its highly unlikely, in fact. So any discussion on it happening reeks of pie in the sky to me. Couhglin? Sure. In all likelihood he's getting the boot unless the Giants break off some crazy winning streak and make the playoffs.

Furthermore, some credit does need to be given. The Giants HAVE drafted better over the past three seasons. The offensive line is being rebuilt (if only it could stay healthy!), Odell is the prize of a lifetime and this season might be one of the better FA classes hes brought in for not a lot of money.

This coming draft I think we're going to go defense heavy. We have to. I think we also need to resign 1 handed JPP. The pass rush doesn't suddenly come alive out of nowhere. Landon Collins has made rookie mistakes but has played better than even I ever gave him credit for. Erek Flowers has made rookie mistakes but looks like the LT of the future for us. I mean, this stuff takes time.

tmdorsey

Back in Sept I got an ultrawide, 29incher because it was priced well and there was no way to fit a 34 inch monitor on my current desk. I really love this ultrawide, can snap two games on Gamepass and you don't miss anything. I also snap a couple of more on a 24 inch 1080p monitor, but sides are just slightly cut off on each game, nothing major but I'm thinking of upgrading to a 1440p screen. May be better to just save the cash and use it for a bigger upgrade in a year or two.

Just upgraded to a 65" tv. :D. On Falcon away games I have their game on the main tv and Directv RedZone on the iPad. When the Falcons aren't playing I'm usually watching the GameMix 4 game channel on the tv and another game or RZ on the iPad.

MechDX

Mowing your grass before hanging Christmas lights.

Only in Texas

BTW, at what age do your kids not care if you hang them? Hate this Shit

Syrinx

Even though fuck the Panthers, I'm pretty okay with them winning yesterday. Last thing the Bucs needed was to face a NO team thinking they were back in the playoff hunt after knocking off a perfect division rival. Saints will show up either way but them losing hope could be a nice bonus.

Godslay

Banned
Nothing special here.

Main TV has a game on, side games on tablet(s). Posting, etc. on laptop.

Used to watch coaches film and rewatch the Bronco's game, AFCW games, and Pat's games, but I've haven't done it as much this year. I feel like I need to just enjoy the games without thinking about them too much. I think playing too much fantasy and building a DraftKings model has burned me out. So I haven't done it lately. Hoping that the offseason drought will recharge my batteries again.

I have a red and green floodlight that I just shine on the house. Fuck that stringing lights bullshit.

Nothing special here.

Main TV has a game on, side games on tablet(s). Posting, etc. on laptop.

Used to watch coaches film and rewatch the Bronco's game, AFCW games, and Pat's games, but I've haven't done it as much this year. I feel like I need to just enjoy the games without thinking about them too much. I think playing too much fantasy and building a DraftKings model has burned me out. So I haven't done it lately. Hoping that the offseason drought will recharge my batteries again.

I felt the same way last season. This season I said fuck fantasy. I'm going to watch the Steelers and any other game I get to (usually the Sunday and Monday night games). I then rewatch the Steelers game on Tuesday.

Last year I would watch and rewatch the Steelers plus watch at least another 8 other games, then gif the Steelers game and any other games I thought pertinent, plus play fantasy and pickems. I decide about halfway through that I didn't enjoy half that shit.

Gifing has become so prominent I don't feel I have to do it (though nobody does stuff away from the ball or after the whistle like I used to...oh well.)

Hindl

I got dual monitors on my computer, usually stream on one and play some game on the other. Just got a great deal on a 42'' TV though, I'm setting that up in my room with a set top box and my consoles for the rest of the season

I hope to be glad like you Sunday night

We'll be pulling for you

Respect

Special teams shit the bed (gave up 2 TDs) and Brady threw a taint while the drive had pushed to the PHI 5 yard line.

This works too:

Here is the cliff notes. The Eagles scored 21 straight points without the Pats D on the field once.

Striker

Furthermore, some credit does need to be given. The Giants HAVE drafted better over the past three seasons. The offensive line is being rebuilt (if only it could stay healthy!), Odell is the prize of a lifetime and this season might be one of the better FA classes hes brought in for not a lot of money.

This coming draft I think we're going to go defense heavy. We have to. I think we also need to resign 1 handed JPP. The pass rush doesn't suddenly come alive out of nowhere. Landon Collins has made rookie mistakes but has played better than even I ever gave him credit for. Erek Flowers has made rookie mistakes but looks like the LT of the future for us. I mean, this stuff takes time.
Absolutely they've drafted better lately, at least on the OL. There still persists problems at WR2, TE, questionable FA signings that have not paid off, and the whole lack of depth defensively. Cruz being out I accept, but there should have been moves made at WR when Cruz was not ready instead of relying on the likes of Randle and Parker.

Godslay

Banned
I have a red and green floodlight that I just shine on the house. Fuck that stringing lights bullshit.

I felt the same way last season. This season I said fuck fantasy. I'm going to watch the Steelers and any other game I get to (usually the Sunday and Monday night games). I then rewatch the Steelers game on Tuesday.

Last year I would watch and rewatch the Steelers plus watch at least another 8 other games, then gif the Steelers game and any other games I thought pertinent, plus play fantasy and pickems. I decide about halfway through that I didn't enjoy half that shit.

Gifing has become so prominent I don't feel I have to do it (though nobody does stuff away from the ball or after the whistle like I used to...oh well.)

Yeah, I think I'm done with it in general from here on out. There were some circumstances where I couldn't flat out quit, so I had to stick around but next year I should be free of it all. Fantasy that is.

In some ways I feel less informed because the last couple of years I could tell what was coming on the offensive side of the ball with pretty good regularity depending on the look. Now, not as much. Maybe having Brock back there, I'll have to take a closer look at some point.

jakncoke

Banned
Having a lot of lights and lawn decorations are nice but thats a lot of work that is only done over whiskey, beer and vodka

This is my most favorite thing ever, boban beware:

Kyle ‏@IgglesNest 19m
Nick Foles' last 3 games: 62/117 (52.9%), 0 TDs, 5 INTs, 48.8 QB rating.
Sam Bradford’s last 3 starts: 57/85 (67.1%), 4 TD, 0 INT, 105.6 rating.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

brentech

Oddly enough, the previous two years I would re-watch Packers games on NFL Rewind, GIF the big plays from those games and other big plays I remembered from the week. Decided to cancel the account this year. Sometimes I miss having the chance to watch in condensed form or from All 22 view.

MechDX

I finally started using a staple gun, which has made it much faster. I still hate it, as well.

I use shingle clips from target . Lights attach to clips then slide under the edge of your shingles on your roof

On on the front porch lights now. Test them all and they all worked! Yay! String them up and connect power two sections don't work..........fuck me

Yeah, I think I'm done with it in general from here on out. There were some circumstances where I couldn't flat out quit, so I had to stick around but next year I should be free of it all. Fantasy that is.

In some ways I feel less informed because the last couple of years I could tell what was coming on the offensive side of the ball with pretty good regularity depending on the look. Now, not as much. Maybe having Brock back there, I'll have to take a closer look at some point.

Same here but with me that added excitement to the game.

It's nice to analyze but I like just being a casual fan, and since I know i'm going to comb over the film again anyway I really don't lose. I mean, I can still tell what the play is based on formation, but i'm not stressing about it beforehand..

On that note, it really says something when everybody and their mom knows Ben saying "Alert Alert" is him checking to a run and teams still can't stop it. Knowledge of what's coming is only part of the gameplan, you still have to have the horses to execute (unless you're the Asterisks and you have detailed game tape straight from your opponents practices).

squicken

Rams fired their offensive coordinator. Schotty gone. Bradford gone. Foles benched. Cignetti now canned. Fisher running out of scapegoats

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man

Edit: Yeah, I kind of agree with that Bucs statement. Winston year 1 was insane, mailed in year 2 but also is in all likelihood a piece of shit. Seems like a leader too. I'm glad I can cheer on Tyrod.

Also, I like how that fool Enron laughed when I said Cook may be the best back in the country when he was looking at a suspension, LOL. Next year's draft class is a sick RB class, position not dead yet.
I have what this guy has:

I'm normally back at uni by Sunday evening so I'm stuck watching one game on my laptop like a pleb.

Will be back home for three or four games over the Christmas holidays so I'll hook my laptop up to the projector and watch four games split screen like man was born to do.

WXK5GlX.jpg

Pardon the mess, the room is still being renovated but each of those windows works out to around a 50 inch screen per game.
we rock 106" projector screen.

At my previous house when I had sunday ticket we setup my wifes 42" next to my 50" and we'd have two games on.

I use shingle clips from target . Lights attach to clips then slide under the edge of your shingles on your roof

On on the front porch lights now. Test them all and they all worked! Yay! String them up and connect power two sections don't work..........fuck me
protip, leave those on the lights when you put them away. Literally takes me 10 minutes to put my lights up and I have to navigate a bunch of thick bushes on the left side of the house and that side of the house is also 10 feet.

Bunch of scrooges up here. I always put up lights even before I had a kid, not that he's even old enough to know whats going on currently.

Who traded for Foles and then decided to give him a 3 year deal after one fucking game, that person should be fired.

Perhaps, but he also acquired a second round pick for Sam Bradford so he should also be given a job for life because he might actually be a real wizard.

Rams fired their offensive coordinator. Schotty gone. Bradford gone. Foles benched. Cignetti now canned. Fisher running out of scapegoats

Like it will make any difference with those two frauds continuing to call the shots.

on the other hand, that guy also dumped Bradford onto some noob of a GM. So plus minus there.

tu.gif

DMczaf

Even though fuck the Panthers, I'm pretty okay with them winning yesterday. Last thing the Bucs needed was to face a NO team thinking they were back in the playoff hunt after knocking off a perfect division rival. Saints will show up either way but them losing hope could be a nice bonus.

Saints are such a front running team. They will quit on the season now. Fuck them! Go bucs! Go Jameis! Jameisssssssssssss

Top Bottom