• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 13 |OT| - A Fraud Gorged on Thanksgiving

Seeing all these trailers for Star Wars is getting me hype.
Edit:
image.php

Lmao

Not really. He's not going to say "I hated coming into work today. Bill wasn't great but he at least knew something. This current guy ... yeesh"
The thing is there have been a lot of whispers in the past about how Tannehill was frustrated with how little control he had over the offense. Obviously he's not going to come out and directly blast Lazor for not giving him more control but I feel like that's what he's getting at with this statement.

squicken

The thing is there have been a lot of whispers in the past about how Tannehill was frustrated with how little control he had over the offense. Obviously he's not going to come out and directly blast Lazor for not giving him more control but I feel like that's what he's getting at with this statement.

Weren't there rumors that he didn't get along with Sherman? See, the thing w/Tannehill is he has had players around him. I was sympathetic when he was in his rookie year and they had nothing. But his awful overthrows to an open Wallace soured me on him. Just don't think he is the guy

Alex Smith who really did never have good teammates for 5+ years. Alex isn't great but he doesn't really hold back the good players on his team. Maclin is having a great year there

Tannehill is closer to a guy that is part of the problem than one that is part of the solution

eznark

Banned
Tannehill is closer to a guy that is part of the problem than one that is part of the solution

Agree, sadly. I think Tannehill just thinks way too much of himself. I mean for fucks sake Sherman reinvigorated Favre's career and the kid thought he was too good for him?

Ugly secret is I think he has more Stafford than Luck in him. Stubborn and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

JABEE

It's weird how eager people are to tie political ideology as the cause of these tragedies, but religious ideology being scrutinized is something that is off-limits.

All ideology should be scrutinized. Whether you are looking at radical right-wing gun nuts, Eco-terrorists, Islamic terrorism, or Christian abortion terrorists.

This isn't about football, but seeing the jokes and the sarcasm after every gun event or explosion makes me wonder why people hold back on some things and not on others. It just shows how these tragedies are a fact of life in the modern age. They are no longer anomalies. They are routine events that different cultures use to snipe at one another.

"Your stereotype is responsibility for this."

"Your religious dogma set about that."

"Your political rallying and xenophobia brought about this."

Weren't there rumors that he didn't get along with Sherman? See, the thing w/Tannehill is he has had players around him. I was sympathetic when he was in his rookie year and they had nothing. But his awful overthrows to an open Wallace soured me on him. Just don't think he is the guy

Alex Smith who really did never have good teammates for 5+ years. Alex isn't great but he doesn't really hold back the good players on his team. Maclin is having a great year there

I don't disagree with any of that, other than pointing out that Tannehill's deep ball has been pretty good this year, oddly enough.

I'm just curious about how much control he had under Lazor and what that relationship was like.

Tannehill didn't overthrow wallace, look at the tape, wallace didn't go full speed until the ball was throw to him, which resulted in an overthrown ball, the deep ball issue with tannehill is all media bullshit, to anyone not named wallace he was avg with his deepball which is fine. And tallent? What tallent has he had? He's had a RB and coordinators that refuse to use him but WR? He hasn't had tallent there until this year and instead of using Parker they instead keep insisting on using Jennings, which resulted in at least two tannehill interceptions. I don't want it to seem like I'm trying to defend tannehill but with the coaching staff and one of the worst olines in nfl history I can't possibly get a good idea of what tannehill is or isn't. Tannehill is low on the list of issues with this team, break down the plays, you'll see the same.

From Flacco/Tyrod last year to Flacco/Schaub in March to Schaub/Clausen last week to Schaub/Clausen/Mallett this week. FFS

In other division news THE JERSEY'S BEEN UPDATED
M0FP0YY.jpg

Tannehill didn't overthrow wallace, look at the tape, wallace didn't go full speed until the ball was throw to him, which resulted in an overthrown ball, the deep ball issue with tannehill is all media bullshit, to anyone not named wallace he was avg with his deepball which is fine. And tallent? What tallent has he had? He's had a RB and coordinators that refuse to use him but WR? He hasn't had tallent there until this year and instead of using Parker they instead keep insisting on using Jennings, which resulted in at least two tannehill interceptions. I don't want it to seem like I'm trying to defend tannehill but with the coaching staff and one of the worst olines in nfl history I can't possibly get a good idea of what tannehill is or isn't. Tannehill is low on the list of issues with this team, break down the plays, you'll see the same.
Do you think Tannehill was frustrated with how the offense was run under Lazor?

Milchjon

If anything can unite all people, it's our common disdain for JABEE.

I think Alan Moore wrote a book about this once.

Do you think Tannehill was frustrated with how the offense was run under Lazor?

Yes he even hinted as much last week I think, and honestly I would hope that he and the rest of the offense would be because lazors scheme was terrible just like his play calling. And because of that don't expect our offense to look better now that he's gone, the plays are still going to be the same. They can't change those in the middle of the season, only difference would be we might actually run it more

Edit: Here is the quote:

And that coaching staff provides the offense in which Tannehill must succeed, although listening to him talk about it, it’s as if he’s merely tolerating the system now.

“Right now we are just trying to do the best we can with the offense that we run,” he said. “I go out there and try to execute it the best way that I can.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...o-salguero/article46974905.html#storylink=cpy

cdyhybrid

Tom Cable's pet center project from the start of the season, Drew Nowak, has been released. Interestingly enough, when he got benched for Patrick Lewis (who people were pushing for at the start of the season), our OL turned from Chernobyl-tier disaster into merely bad.

Thanks for tanking the offense for a quarter of the season with yet another personnel whiff, Cable. Nowak hadn't even played center before, but Cable was in love with him.

#FireCable

Dragon

Banned
It's weird how eager people are to tie political ideology as the cause of these tragedies, but religious ideology being scrutinized is something that is off-limits.

All ideology should be scrutinized. Whether you are looking at radical right-wing gun nuts, Eco-terrorists, Islamic terrorism, or Christian abortion terrorists.

This isn't about football, but seeing the jokes and the sarcasm after every gun event or explosion makes me wonder why people hold back on some things and not on others. It just shows how these tragedies are a fact of life in the modern age. They are no longer anomalies. They are routine events that different cultures use to snipe at one another.

"Your stereotype is responsibility for this."

"Your religious dogma set about that."

"Your political rallying and xenophobia brought about this."

I don't really understand where you're going with this, but the Islamophobia present in the US is definitely a real thing.

From Flacco/Tyrod last year to Flacco/Schaub in March to Schaub/Clausen last week to Schaub/Clausen/Mallett this week. FFS

In other division news THE JERSEY'S BEEN UPDATED
M0FP0YY.jpg
We're at 24 I think. Maybe 25 will be our lucky number ....or 26 if Pryor starts a game.
#believeland #?????YearsOfProsperity

Yes he even hinted as much last week I think, and honestly I would hope that he and the rest of the offense would be because lazors scheme was terrible just like his play calling. And because of that don't expect our offense to look better now that he's gone, the plays are still going to be the same. They can't change those in the middle of the season, only difference would be we might actually run it more

Edit: Here is the quote:
I am tired of trying to assign blame accurately between Tannehill, Lazor, Philbin, Coyle, Ross, Tannenbaum, Hickey, the o-line, and the defense. There is a lot of suck to go around. All I can say at this point is I'm looking forward to Tannehill having a new OC next season as kind of a final shot for him in Miami. It's clear that Lazor's offense just wasn't getting the job done.

Line_HTX

Hey guys,

Brian Hoyer is a good QB and a great person who cares a lot about the team. He works hard for the better of the team too. He feels shame in those five interceptions.

squicken

Tannehill is low on the list of issues with this team, .

I agree with this but that does not necessarily make him not a problem. It just means Ross, Tannenbaum, and the offensive line are bigger problems. On the offseason priorities list they should address other areas first. If he ends up putting it together, then good. I just don't think he will

I am tired of trying to assign blame accurately between Tannehill, Lazor, Philbin, Coyle, Ross, Tannenbaum, Hickey, the o-line, and the defense. There is a lot of suck to go around. All I can say at this point is I'm looking forward to Tannehill having a new OC next season as kind of a final shot for him in Miami. It's clear that Lazor's offense just wasn't getting the job done.

I feel the same, the entire team from owner to janitor (except our cheerleaders) suck ass and we need a deep cleaning. Yeah this next coach/OC is his final shot because with the contract we gave him we keep him for at least next year. I would have no problem with the next staff drafting a QB but lets be honest it took us 15 years to find someone decent enough to even consider him a franchise QB...I mean when did you feel that Henne was going to be the one? All things considered, with what Tannehill has showed, if we got a good staff that built a solid team around him (defense included) we'd have a shot at something...but that's another matter since Ross will be at the helm and he's just as incompetent as our current staff.

I agree with this but that does not necessarily make him not a problem. It just means Ross, Tannenbaum, and the offensive line are bigger problems. On the offseason priorities list they should address other areas first. If he ends up putting it together, then good. I just don't think he will

I think on a team with a strong defense and an offense tailored towards his strengths (which was a huge issue with Lazors offense...just ridiculously so) he can succeed (Seattle/Cincy/Balt) but that comes through a solid GM and coaching staff. It's pretty safe to say that Tannehill won't be a Rodgers or Luck and that's fine when Eli and Flacco have rings too.

Farooq

Banned
If it guarantees that Garrett is gone then I'm all aboard.

I feel like Garrett and Romo are riding out together unfortunately. So sad we never got to see Romo in a true WCO. I think he would have thrived.

In terms of tanking, after looking at the QBs available, there doesn't seem like there are any that are worth tanking for imo. My shitty amateur evaluations are incomplete and it is tough to evaluate QBs without coaches film but from what I have seen I wouldn't be comfortable taking any QB with a top 10 pick (if that is where Dallas ends up picking). I do want to see how Wentz performs in the Senior Bowl though, he is an intriguing prospect.

Fuck up Washington's playoff chances, that's all I ask for now.

JABEE

I don't really understand where you're going with this, but the Islamophobia present in the US is definitely a real thing.

I agree with you. I think it has a lot to do with racism and xenophobia as well.

I don't know if I made my point well in the original post. I'm really just trying to make sense of this stuff.

I feel the same, the entire team from owner to janitor (except our cheerleaders) suck ass and we need a deep cleaning. Yeah this next coach/OC is his final shot because with the contract we gave him we keep him for at least next year. I would have no problem with the next staff drafting a QB but lets be honest it took us 15 years to find someone decent enough to even consider him a franchise QB...I mean when did you feel that Henne was going to be the one? All things considered, with what Tannehill has showed, if we got a good staff that built a solid team around him (defense included) we'd have a shot at something...but that's another matter since Ross will be at the helm and he's just as incompetent as our current staff.

I think on a team with a strong defense and an offense tailored towards his strengths (which was a huge issue with Lazors offense...just ridiculously so) he can succeed (Seattle/Cincy/Balt) but that comes through a solid GM and coaching staff. It's pretty safe to say that Tannehill won't be a Rodgers or Luck and that's fine when Eli and Flacco have rings too.
You speak the truth, my friend.

Even though I get frustrated with Tannehill on occasion I still have some perspective thanks to living through the nightmare that is the post-Marino era of Dolphins football. John Beck still owns a fragment of my soul that I'll never get back...

It's easy to hate on Tannehill because he's the QB and he hasn't been outstanding but he has NEVER played with a great defense, good o-line, consistent running game, good coaching staff, etc. I'm not saying all of those things, I'm saying ANY of those things. No point in giving up on Tannehill too soon given the state of the QB position around the league and the Dolphins history with finding franchise QBs.

If anything can unite all people, it's our common disdain for JABEE.

I think Alan Moore wrote a book about this once.

Yeah..
Too bad Rorschach fucks everything up in the end.

We're at 24 I think. Maybe 25 will be our lucky number ....or 26 if Pryor starts a game.
#believeland #?????YearsOfProsperity

Assuming (let's face it we are) we are going to have 27 qbs at the start of next season..

That's amazing.

Top Bottom