• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 13 |OT| - A Fraud Gorged on Thanksgiving

squicken

One thing I have always wondered about these big events is why don't they coordinate better? Do they really need 500 cops on the scene? It's also like this at traffic accidents where there are more cops just standing around than doing anything

Milchjon

He at least has the QB excuse. Adams is playing with fucking Aaron Rodgers.

From quickly scanning FO's explanation, I don't quite get how DVOA works to grade single players. Their explanation makes it sound like it essentially boils down to how many yards a play netted, adjusted for lots and lots of situational factors, making it a grade for the whole unit.

How does that work for individual players, especially those off the ball? How about situations where one player excels and their counterpart (WR drops/QB underthrows, for instance) messes up?

eznark

Banned
From quickly scanning FO's explanation, I don't quite get how DVOA works to grade single players. Their explanation makes it sound like it essentially boils down to how many yards a play netted, adjusted for lots and lots of situational factors, making it a grade for the whole unit.

How does that work for individual players, especially those off the ball? How about situations where one player excels and their counterpart (WR drops/QB underthrows, for instance) messes up?

Not well, in short. It cannot be taken out of context like say, WAR. It doesn't replace watching guys play. Like all football "advanced" stats, it just adds support to what we kind of already know.

Milchjon

Courtesy of DeutschGAF

fdgfdgtkqxmbhug4.png

I can't keep Cleveland from being Cleveland.

I'm a President, not a God

So "both guys are the same then"

fuck it, I ain't voting again..

Now we have president Gata FUCK!!

RBH would have at least tried to make it better. He would have come up with a pun that made me chuckle. You just sit their in your high tower with a Franchise QB, one of the best defense in the league, and one of the better coaches... while all of us struggle to get ahead. Check your privilege Grova. :)

cdyhybrid

Yep. Football fans are so weird with contact stuff. Eagles are under the cap, and they always do a good job with that stuff.

I don't think it's unreasonable though. If you're gonna pay him like a Richard Sherman, you'd expect production like that. Hasn't happened.

I'm not going to go to much trouble defending him. He is one of the guys who jogs around instead of going all out. The defense of him is in that article if you care to read it

My guess is that SEA misses him, even at the high price. The Eagles put a firm number on Maclin and would gladly pay it right now. Even if he is really highly paid for a guy who isn't a stud WR1
We don't miss him for that price, that is for damn sure.

041115_illibuck.jpg

Treat that turtle with the respect it deserves!

Hold on, I didn't shit on Illiabuck.

and didn't you shit on him in the CFB thread before the Illinois game? Or was that Buck? I forget.

BG WINS! CLEVE ON THE RISE!
gifflyin.gif

Man, you are flying higher than Coons's last kick..

Do I look like my job is softening the blow with fake platitudes and whimsical puns? My predecessor was too soft.

This is NFL-GAF buttercup. You're gonna fall on your ass. If you're the Cleveland Browns, you're gonna fall on your ass a lot. But are you gonna sit there and wallow in self-pity, or are you gonna pull yourself up by the bootstraps and make NFL-GAF great again?

...Yes to the puns and platitudes..?

and listen here you, I have been alive for 22 years and the best QB in my lifetime is fucking Derek Anderson.. I put on my big boy pants when I fall every time the Browns pull a Browns move and smile and laugh. Don't tell me I don't use my bootstraps.. I'm not asking for free stuff. I'm asking for understanding and kindness..

So "both guys are the same then"

fuck it, I ain't voting again..

Now we have president Gata FUCK!!

RBH would have at least tried to make it better. He would have come up with a pun that made me chuckle. You just sit their in your high tower with a Franchise QB, one of the best defense in the league, and one of the better coaches... while all of us struggle to get ahead. Check your privilege Grova. :)

Do I look like my job is softening the blow with fake platitudes and whimsical puns? My predecessor was too soft.

This is NFL-GAF buttercup. You're gonna fall on your ass. If you're the Cleveland Browns, you're gonna fall on your ass a lot. But are you gonna sit there and wallow in self-pity, or are you gonna pull yourself up by the bootstraps and make NFL-GAF great again?

welp.

San Diego is all but out of time to put together a viable plan to keep the Chargers.

“It certainly appears that is the case, yes,” NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Wednesday afternoon.

The NFL has scheduled meetings for January 12-13 in Houston where team owners expect they will decide on which team(s) are allowed to move to Los Angeles.

The league will send letters to the current home markets of the three teams that are seeking to relocate – San Diego, St. Louis and Oakland – and request that the cities put together their best deal by Dec. 28.

Goodell explained that in order for those cities to have a chance to keep their teams they had to present certainty in their plan.

“Certainty means no further votes required,” Goodell said, “that there is a deal that is fully approved, that there are not complications that are unforeseen, that this project can be completed. It’s that simple.”

It was at that point that Goodell was specifically asked to confirm that it would be impossible for San Diego to achieve those goals, and he replied with the above affirmative assessment.

rip

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Obvious pick to me. Interesting in his writeup that HOU didn't even consider him b/c of the way David worked out. If anything, I would have thought it would have been the Carrs asking HOU not to draft him. But David was on radio this morning saying the family would have been fine with Derek in HOU

yea I doubt the veracity of those statements. What's he going to say? Yea we would have asked to be traded if HOU drafted me. Look at how Eli was roasted for the Giants chargers situation and he was a 1st round pic, Carr slotted to be a first round pick.

Not only that writers and others have said the family did not like the way David Carr was treated when here and that they didn't want Houston to draft him. Nevermind that David was a not the most hard working of people while he was here.

He at least has the QB excuse. Adams is playing with fucking Aaron Rodgers.
Wait, are we pretending he's healthy?

Even with the little back and forth Pack GAF had in this thread earlier this week, I thought it was pretty clear Adams is playing on a bad wheel? Doesn't excuse the drops, but the ceiling for a gimp WR is pretty low to begin with

tom brady wants a penalty for going low on receivers now too? if you can't hit them high, and you can't hit them low.... what is the defense supposed to do? what a fucking baby

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Wait, are we pretending he's healthy?

Even with the little back and forth Pack GAF had in this thread earlier this week, I thought it was pretty clear Adams is playing on a bad wheel? Doesn't excuse the drops, but the ceiling for a gimp WR is pretty low to begin with

All I know is that I'm longing for the days of Jermichael "Can't block, can't reliably catch" Finley

That's where we're at. Adams has been playing that poorly.

tom brady wants a penalty for going low on receivers now too? if you can't hit them high, and you can't hit them low.... what is the defense supposed to do? what a fucking baby
Stop throwing down the seams so much then, Tom.

All I know is that I'm longing for the days of Jermichael "Can't block, can't reliably catch" Finley

That's where we're at. Adams has been playing that poorly.
Finley was a good player. Instant matchup problem anywhere you lined him up. It'd be great to have him.

(the unfulfilled potential was always the frustrating part)

Top Bottom