• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 13 |OT| - A Fraud Gorged on Thanksgiving

squicken

CVQDpznWEAIfuNP.jpg

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/feature/25397980/the-chronicles-of-favre-ia

Hindl

I feel like Garrett and Romo are riding out together unfortunately. So sad we never got to see Romo in a true WCO. I think he would have thrived.

In terms of tanking, after looking at the QBs available, there doesn't seem like there are any that are worth tanking for imo. My shitty amateur evaluations are incomplete and it is tough to evaluate QBs without coaches film but from what I have seen I wouldn't be comfortable taking any QB with a top 10 pick (if that is where Dallas ends up picking). I do want to see how Wentz performs in the Senior Bowl though, he is an intriguing prospect.

Fuck up Washington's playoff chances, that's all I ask for now.

The draft class isn't spectacular overall, especially compared to the last two years. But yeah, the QBs aren't that good, and there are few up and comers that are showing promise. It's like we were talking about earlier, there's a possibility that we get out of the 1st round without anyone taking a QB. A desperate team might bite, but we'll see

Line_HTX

I like how no one on the Rams nor the "independent spotters" were punished at all even after the phoney conference call regarding Case Keenum.

So here's the NFC counterpart to this post from earlier as I run down the potential teams I will squicken to.

NFC East

Racists - Racists. No.
Giants - Eli is a genuine hero who has stared evil in the eye and emerged victorious but I have seen enough Odell Beckham warm ups for a lifetime. No.
Eagles - Please don't make me watch any more Sam Bradford. Unless Thad Lewis is named starter this is a definite no. I don't trust any organisation that makes a trade with the Rams and ends up on the losing side.
Cowboys - I love Romo but come on. No.

NFC North

Vikebike - Best player beats children, owner looks like he molests them. No.
Packers - I'll do it if I get Munn. Otherwise no.
Da Bears - The first time I went to Chicago I lost my passport, then went to a McDonalds downtown to take a dump only they had no toilet paper in the mens room. So this is a maybe.
Lions - Pros: Best QB under 30. Cons: Kas is still butt hurt over the Ottomans. No.

NFC South

Panthers - I like the Panthers quite a bit. Probably the front runner at the moment.
Falcons - The smell of burnt pubes is not a selling point. No.
Bucs - From the outside looking in they are so boring that I have no idea what to make of them. Probably not if I'm being honest.
Saints - RIP Cajun :( Don't know what it is but the Saints have never seemed remotely interesting to me. No.

NFC West

Cards - Fun team to watch but I'm not leaving the Rams because they left St Louis to start supporting another team that left St. Louis. No.
Seahawks - Good secondary, beastly running back, shitty O-Line and a QB who is mobile to cover the fact he is otherwise shitty. This is literally every team I draft on Madden. Fuck that 12th man noise though. Probably not.
Rams - Fuck Jeff Fisher. Fuck Gregg Williams. Fuck Stan Kroenke. Fuck everything. Fuck no.
Niners - It's a good thing that FMT likes munching on booty because as far as I'm concerned Niners fans can all eat shit. No.

Milchjon

Bears sound like the obvious choice from that list.

Can't see the salad beneath all this chicken.
...Think I balanced this one quite well...

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Whatever happens, don't take team switching advice from squicken.

Here's my official team switching advice: Don't do it, sluts.

http://gfycat.com/HappyBriskAmericanbittern

Connor Barwin can be varsity for my team anytime

e: Panthers would be the most shameful thing you could do. Front running is the worst of all sports related crimes

front runner is a good word to use if you start rooting for the panthers

I have suffered enough, nothing you say can hurt me now.

Good read on the Eagles defensive issues, and a good reason why Maxwell isn't the problem casual observers feel he is

http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/philly/sports&id=360075291

--
Wait, you don't like the Texans b/c Watt is an attention whore but CAR is your potential team?

Watt acts like he's this humble, salt of the earth dude but then puts on this super fake after dark training session for the Hard Knocks crew.

Meanwhile Cam dances around like an idiot knowing full well that loads of people are getting pissed off.

It's the hypocrisy I don't like.

I feel like Garrett and Romo are riding out together unfortunately. So sad we never got to see Romo in a true WCO. I think he would have thrived.

In terms of tanking, after looking at the QBs available, there doesn't seem like there are any that are worth tanking for imo. My shitty amateur evaluations are incomplete and it is tough to evaluate QBs without coaches film but from what I have seen I wouldn't be comfortable taking any QB with a top 10 pick (if that is where Dallas ends up picking). I do want to see how Wentz performs in the Senior Bowl though, he is an intriguing prospect.

Fuck up Washington's playoff chances, that's all I ask for now.

I think the best option is to tank and then trade down. Would be nice to have a couple first round picks.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I have suffered enough, nothing you say can hurt me now.

Watt acts like he's this humble, salt of the earth dude but then puts on this super fake after dark training session for the Hard Knocks crew.

Meanwhile Cam dances around like an idiot knowing full well that loads of people are getting pissed off.

I don't remember that too well anymore but people have said Watt trains very very early and late a lot before Hard Knocks ever came

MechDX

QBs w/ highest comp % vs blitz

Cousins 70.8%
Rivers 66.1%
A/Smith 65.9%
Palmer 64.8%
Brady 64.8%
Dalton 63.6%
Hoyer 63%
Bridgewater 62.3%

Yep. No Aaron on this list either.

Generate

Banned
Whatever happens, don't take team switching advice from squicken.

Here's my official team switching advice: Don't do it, sluts.

Agreed. Its just a bitch move. Take your licks and be faithful, even when the team is awful.
A team fandom is more than just this moment. It is fandom of the team through turnover and change, through great and not so great times. It will long outlast this current era.

Mindlog

Bucs - From the outside looking in they are so boring that I have no idea what to make of them. Probably not if I'm being honest.
We are prepared to offer a comprehensive package of amenity upgrades to sweeten the pot.
tICpQmL.jpg

The Tampa Sports Authority and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have agreed in principle to a deal that will pave the way for $100 million in upgrades at Raymond James Stadium and increase the share of money taxpayers get from non-Buc events.

The improvements would give Raymond James Stadium the third-largest video board square footage in the National Football League, enhancing the stadium’s chances of bringing the Super Bowl here in 2019 or 2020. A new sound system and improvements to concession and concourse areas also are part of the package.
via TBO

I'm just so #blessed and #humbled to even be in a position to accept lifelongs into Panthers Nation.

Got to #stayhungry and #takeitonegameatatime. There's a lot of season left and the Saints get paid too.

squicken

I don't remember that too well anymore but people have said Watt trains very very early and late a lot before Hard Knocks ever came

He does. He also has said he wants to enjoy the fame that goes along with that hard work. It's one thing to troll. Successful players get trolled, no matter who they are by people who cheer for other teams. But actually choosing to not cheer for a team b/c of that trolling seems odd

Kroenke has agreed to take on the Chargers as equal partners in LA. Previously, he only offered them the chance to be a tenant in the stadium he owned, which the Chargers balked at. Now, they would be equals. Spanos hasn't agreed to it but no reason he wouldn't

That should do it. Those will be the LA teams in 2016. Raiders are stuck but the league wants Davis to sell the team before they help that franchise anyway

ESPN is stating, "Sources said at this point, there is zero chance of a partnership between Chargers owner Dean Spanos and Rams owner Stan Kroenke."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14275531/nfl-expected-vote-los-angeles-next-month

this_guy

Watt's been doing that since his rookie year before he blew up. He's known for staying after and signing autographs for everyone. That wasn't just for the cameras.

Biggest problem with Maxwell is his contract. If he weren't getting a billion dollars guaranteed no one would be giving him a second thought.
Yep. Football fans are so weird with contact stuff. Eagles are under the cap, and they always do a good job with that stuff.

squicken

Biggest problem with Maxwell is his contract. If he weren't getting a billion dollars guaranteed no one would be giving him a second thought.

I'm not going to go to much trouble defending him. He is one of the guys who jogs around instead of going all out. The defense of him is in that article if you care to read it

My guess is that SEA misses him, even at the high price. The Eagles put a firm number on Maclin and would gladly pay it right now. Even if he is really highly paid for a guy who isn't a stud WR1

I'm not going to go to much trouble defending him. He is one of the guys who jogs around instead of going all out. The defense of him is in that article if you care to read it

My guess is that SEA misses him, even at the high price. The Eagles put a firm number on Maclin and would gladly pay it right now. Even if he is really highly paid for a guy who isn't a stud WR1
My god yes. If Maclin had just taken the eagles offer things would be so different this year. Hopefully the myth of not over paying Wrs is dead forever after this season.

eznark

Banned
To be fair:

1) He only beats HIS children. Let's not act like his hulking out at an elementary school.
2) It's not like he can't make more.

Give Vikebike a chance.

BUNYAN'S AX MOTHER FUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BadgerNoonan @BadgerNoonan
By DVOA Davante Adams is the 2nd-worst receiver in football. Tavon Austin in worse, however he is the most valuable WR as a runner.

oh

Top Bottom