• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 13 |OT| - A Fraud Gorged on Thanksgiving

Malalaw

Free sounds pretty good.

You goddamn right.

Ahh. I got a job offer to work on the data analysis software for the Xfinity X1 platform last year and turned it down. Didn't pay enough and was contract to hire. They said I'd get a full subscription to everything Comcast offered for free though.

Yeah I'd be installing internet for people to start, pay is decent. Way better than what I make and do now.

fuck superman vs batman and anyone trying to convince me it'll be good

also fuck fisher

8WswQZI.gif

That's my coach!

Godslay

Banned
Peyton Manning on his return

They win with Manning. They win with Brock. Hard decisions , man.

After seeing some of the throws Brock can make, and the things he can do that PM can't...

It's hard for me to see PM taking over again. I say keep in in reserve in case Brock gets hurt. If Brock shits the bed in a game, can't really pull him either. PM can be immensely helpful as a backup, and Brock can be Peyton's body on the field.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I need to see numbers on this dropped pass stuff cause It seems like i keep reading contradicting statements.

Sanjuro

I think you go back to Peyton.

They have a decent enough lead in the division they can revert back to Brock if needed. Nobody would blame Brock, Peyton would get any and all criticism with the larger upside for the team.

Line_HTX

That trailer is wack as fuck.

Not sure if I like Kirsten Stewart in this.

That modulated Afffleck voice is still hilarious.

I might just go see it just to laugh and not take it seriously.

DC a shit, and I'm not a comics kind of person.

Hunter S.

After seeing some of the throws Brock can make, and the things he can do that PM can't...

It's hard for me to see PM taking over again. I say keep in in reserve in case Brock gets hurt. If Brock shits the bed in a game, can't really pull him either. PM can be immensely helpful as a backup, and Brock can be Peyton's body on the field.

Yeah, the idea I get from the quote is that Brock should have at least 2 more weeks to prove himself. I think the injury Peyton got usually takes 6 weeks to heal. The only way I see Peyton ever playing well again is at 100%. A part of my mind is ready to move on. Brock playing good is what the team needs to stay good long term, so I vote Brock too.

I'd say give Peyton one more shot once he comes back. If he stinks up the joint then you bring in Brock for the rest of the season.

Let him play against the Chargers to end the season. lol

Sanjuro

Yeah, the idea I get from the quote is that Brock should have at least 2 more weeks to prove himself. I think the injury Peyton got usually takes 6 weeks to heal. The only way I see Peyton ever playing well again is at 100%. A part of my mind is ready to move on. Brock playing good is what the team needs to stay good long term, so I vote Brock too.

Let him play against the Chargers to end the season. lol

If Brock's play is superior, then he should have no problem replacing Peyton again.

Line_HTX

I just realized something. Hey Fox and darkside, fuck Brandon Marshall. That SOB ruined our perfect defensive streak in the past 4 games.

>:O

Hunter S.

If Brock's play is superior, then he should have no problem replacing Peyton again.

Agreed, Brock averages so far 1 interception per game while Peyton has almost 2. Peyton has highest interception percentage in his career.

Chargers are the new Raiders!

Godslay

Banned
I think you go back to Peyton.

They have a decent enough lead in the division they can revert back to Brock if needed. Nobody would blame Brock, Peyton would get any and all criticism with the larger upside for the team.

But they don't really. KC is 3 games out with the easiest schedule in the NFL. The upcoming list of games for Denver isn't easy considering it's two division games back to back, then the best teams in the AFCN. Then another divisional game.

Not to mention that the Broncos are still in contention for HFA.

In my mind, you start playing around with the QB, lose continuity and momentum, things can change fairly quickly.

X-men are the best. I bought the first Uncanny X-men omnibus and read through that and it was really good, but the second one was out of print and that's apparently the really good stuff like Dark Phoenix and Days of Future Past.

Oh yeah you're missing out, I still have the dark phoenix saga, one of my favorites.

Zeke

Davis still hanging on to the LA dream I see. Owners won't let a poor owner move into la. Gonna be fun to see spanos lose out on millions over his beef with Stan.

Sanjuro

But they don't really. KC is 3 games out with the easiest schedule in the NFL. The upcoming list of games for Denver isn't easy considering it's two division games back to back, then the best teams in the AFCN. Then another divisional game.

Not to mention that the Broncos are still in contention for HFA.

In my mind, you start playing around with the QB, lose continuity and momentum, things can change fairly quickly.

Who got you there though? The Broncos still performed with Peyton.

It's easier moving that way. It's basically Peyton's last stop before moving on from the franchise. I don't believe they owe him it, it just makes more sense. If he isn't healthy or ready, then don't need to bother.

Like I said, Brock has the luxury of looking good no matter what here. No matter what happens, this comes back to Peyton win or lose.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Alright NFL gaf, at Specs with jakncoke's gift card, I already have a bottle of jack Daniels so, whiskey, bourbon, scotch, vodka or something else?

Give me brand names too. I have Johnny walker black and platinum, glenmorangie sherry oak, jack Daniels, titos vodka and captain Morgan rum.

Hunter S.

Alright NFL gaf, at Specs with jakncoke's gift card, I already have a bottle of jack Daniels so, whiskey, bourbon, scotch, vodka or something else?

Give me brand names too. I have Johnny walker black and platinum, glenmorangie sherry oak, jack Daniels, titos vodka and captain Morgan rum.

Be like JakNCoke and buy some Skol Vodka!

Godslay

Banned
Who got you there though? The Broncos still performed with Peyton.

It's easier moving that way. It's basically Peyton's last stop before moving on from the franchise. I don't believe they owe him it, it just makes more sense. If he isn't healthy or ready, then don't need to bother.

Like I said, Brock has the luxury of looking good no matter what here. No matter what happens, this comes back to Peyton win or lose.

By and large the defense got them there.

Peyton had a couple of good games (KC and GB), a couple of comeback wins, and quite a few horrendous games as well. He dug the team some massive holes, which they helped dig him out of.

Brock is green, but the mistakes are minimal, and the offense works largely how it should.

With PM back there, it's not right. OL play goes bad, run game suffers, Peyton doesn't have the arm to minimize mistakes, and DBs just don't respect anything beyond 10-15 yards. Plus his balls have been so soft that plays that should go for more don't, simply because the WR usually has to wait for the ball to arrive and that allows the defender to cover any ground and meet the WR at the point of the catch. It just wasn't working and the stats for the most part show it.

Maybe he gets healthy and is back to his old self, but at this point I think it's a reach.

I'll also add the team is considerably more complementary when the run is working. With Manning, that goes out the window if he's not playing under center. Shotgun and pistol aren't good enough.

jakncoke

Banned

Get 6 liters of plastic vodka and make videos like that one norway youtuber!

Hindl

You got some decent coverage. I'd recommend either filling out the rums with white or dark (like a Meyers), or maybe get some spirits? Have you tried B&B? It's Benedictine cognac mixed with Brandy

Hello friend. Buy a bottle of Colonel E H Taylor Jr. If they have the Single Barrel, get that. If they don't, Small Batch will do just fine.

EH Taylor Jr single barrel is the best whiskey I've ever had, I think.

Laphroaig Quarter Cask

or

Aberfeldy 12

for Scotch

MechDX

Mad dog 20/20 in honor of Jak.

squicken

The first two Richard Donner Superman movies are fantastic. I saw the two most recent ones but don't really remember either of them

Top Bottom