• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 13 |OT| - A Fraud Gorged on Thanksgiving

Finally digested my thanksgiving dinner, and some football thoughts as well.

1) FUCK. FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCKING FUCK FUCK.

2) The Long Island Jets are one win against the Giants from officially stealing my heart and giving me something to root for this season. I still have outstanding fines from my four year residence in Nassau County so I think it's legal. I've caught most of their games, and although they are difficult to watch when compared to the Cowboys QBs it's the greatest show on turf.

3) The Dallas Jason Wittens are playing for draft picks. I'm torn between not wanting it to be so bad where the coaching staff is in trouble and getting a good pick. I still really like the Marinelli/Linehan/Garrett tandem. It's just more rotten luck that there are no Heisman caliber QBs in the draft this year, because we need one. Witten/Romo have one good full season left, if we are lucky.

4) I remember lengthy discussions about the Eagles D in the preseason, and how hyped some Eagles fans were about their "definitely improved" defense despite the fact that 85% of the roster was different. I told them that for that reason it was premature to say anything about an improved defense and I was right. Yankee can whine about the underperforming O-Line all he wants but when you give up back to back 45 burgers against the Bucs and Lions you're defense is underperforming. Honestly the Eagles' total collapse and predictable turning against Chip has been the only good thing about the season.

All in all, this has been a bad season of football so far. The injuries and officiating have been worse than anyone could have predicted. Pats seem like they are cruising to the Owl, and not even because they are dominating it's just the rest of the league is terrible, unreliable or hurt. We will have to rely on Cam Newton to prevent that, I suppose. Or Carson Palmer if he's healthy.

jnc. Eagles were a top 10 D before Bradford got hurt. Guys dont believe in butt fumble at all, and it showed. Hopefully now that Bradford is back the D will play much better.

FiLrr5W.gif

squicken

Bill O’Brien praises Texans’ QB Brian Hoyer

"He was poised, got us in the right plays and was able to convert the majority of our third down plays."

15 TD's, 5 INT's.

20151129_texanssaints_btc_36.jpg

Hope they put up a good one. Time for HoyDestroy to shine on SNF and then get some H-E-B commercials!

The single biggest thing I notice about the Texans is the the vast improvement of the LBs. Not just Mercillus and Clowney (who are with the LBs) but they are getting production from Simon and McKinney. I mean I can't remember the last time, if ever, the Texans drafted players and coached them up. Vrabel is going to be a hot commodity in the offseason. They can't let him leave.

Gigglepoo

What is truly amazing, my friend, is this one time in 1973 when a scrappy Miami Dolphins team completed The Perfect Season, punctuated by a convincing 14-7 win in Super Bowl VII over the Washington Redskins.

Do you think any other team will ever repeat this great feat?

Go 17-0? It's already happened.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't turn into a middle-aged woman, but I know others who do.

This is most accurate for me:

vdfqTJA.jpg

Or this

mQ0piCK.jpg

Except you can't judge the distance of it or look at it. It's just weird as hell and annoying because you basically can't do anything. First time I got it, it was after basketball, and I went to play Far Cry 3, and I thought something was wrong with the view point of the game, and then realized my brain was fucked. I still don't play Far Cry games because of it.

I take 4 ibuprofen and drink a shit load of water, basically can't do anything but try to go to sleep. It's usually gone in the morning, but I'll feel the effects of the headache portion for a couple days (like if I sneeze or stand up too fast).

It's pretty rare for me, once every few months, usually comes after strenuous exercise, but it's annoying as shit.

I get this too but it's not an "ocular" migraine, just migraine with aura. You really can't do anything other than try to sleep past it because otherwise you're hovering somewhere between puking your guts out and enjoying the intense headache. Really the nausea is the worst part. Giving up caffeine helped reduce the number of migraines but I still get them every few months or so. Fucking thing sucks.

Hi guys. How is everyone doing today? What did you have for lunch? What are you having for dinner? Do you root for the Browns? If so I'm sorry.

squicken

Kyle Shanahan: Serial Quarterback Killer?

Shanahan of course, asked to be let out of his contract after only one season with the Browns. Shanahan appears to have had a toxic impact in both Washington and Cleveland, and things are off to a stumbling start in Atlanta. If we are debating whether the problem is either Matt Ryan or Kyle Shanahan, I think Shanahan's prior stops should be considered. Shanahan trying to make Ryan fit into his offensive scheme and running into trouble would make much more sense than Matt Ryan forgetting how to play quarterback at a high level.

Lots to read here. Curious for Skins, Brown and Falcons (RIP RBH) fans opinions on him. At one time he was going to be a hot 2016 HC candidate

Gigglepoo

I wonder how that season finished? Please give me as many details as possible, preferably with videos, gifs, and images.

Congrats on 17 wins? The big boy table is reserved for teams that won 18 games (and a Super Bowl), though. There's a spot for the 49ers, a spot for the Bears, and no one else.

MechDX

The single biggest thing I notice about the Texans is the the vast improvement of the LBs. Not just Mercillus and Clowney (who are with the LBs) but they are getting production from Simon and McKinney. I mean I can't remember the last time, if ever, the Texans drafted players and coached them up. Vrabel is going to be a hot commodity in the offseason. They can't let him leave.

Still hoping Crennel was just a bridge to Vrabel. Story a while back that O'Brien was friends with Vrabel when he was Pats OC and told him when he got a head coaching job in the league he would live to bring him in on his staff

Church's > Popeye's

jnc. Eagles were a top 10 D before Bradford got hurt. Guys dont believe in butt fumble at all, and it showed. Hopefully now that Bradford is back the D will play much better.

They don't believe in Chip. Their terrible D the past few games seemed like a coaching issue.

squicken

Church's > Popeye's

They don't believe in Chip. Their terrible D the past few games seemed like a coaching issue.

Davis has been ridiculously stubborn in trying to defense good WRs with one CB. Then when he doubles, it leaves the middle of the field wide open to slot WRs and backs with two way goes. Beasley with DAL and Riddick with DET. I just don't think he's a very good DC. QBs seem to very easily read his coverages

That said, they were a top 5 defense before Hicks got hurt, going by pretty much every advanced metric. Forced lots of turnovers and were holding down opposing offenses in points. I made a post a few weeks ago about how important MLBs are, and my opinion on that has only strengthened. NE got gashed once Hightower went out. Eagles D is useless w/o Hicks. Dallas fell apart w/o Lee

Church's > Popeye's

If they didnt believe in Chip why was the defense good the first 9 weeks, and only bad after butt fumble came in the last 2 weeks? Butt fumble threw that awful pick against the Fins and cost the a win and it just took the air out of everything. I think if Bradford really is healthy the D will play much better with him back in.

Davis has been ridiculously stubborn in trying to defense good WRs with one CB. Then when he doubles, it leaves the middle of the field wide open to slot WRs and backs with two way goes. Beasley with DAL and Riddick with DET. I just don't think he's a very good DC. QBs seem to very easily read his coverages

That said, they were a top 5 defense before Hicks got hurt, going by pretty much every advanced metric. Forced lots of turnovers and were holding down opposing offenses in points. I made a post a few weeks ago about how important MLBs are, and my opinion on that has only strengthened. NE got gashed once Hightower went out. Eagles D is useless w/o Hicks. Dallas fell apart w/o Lee

Eagles have so much more talent on D than Dallas or Detroit. They should not fall apart without Hicks should (not taking anything away from the guy, had an amazing season). What that fact really says to me is that there is a lack of leadership and accountability.

Jenkins and Cox have been alright but Alonso and Kendricks have been absent since they got back. I think enough has been said about Maxwell. These are veteran guys who aren't stepping up because I think they aren't buying what Chip is selling.

Gigglepoo

If they didnt believe in Chip why was the defense good the first 9 weeks, and only bad after butt fumble came in the last 2 weeks? Butt fumble threw that awful pick against the Fins and cost the a win and it just took the air out of everything. I think if Bradford really is healthy the D will play much better with him back in.

Because the defense saw that, no matter how hard they tried, Chip's offense was continuing failing and continually putting them in terrible positions. That causes dissension in the locker room and a collapse of team morale.

I don't know if that's what's happening in Philly, but it would explain why their defense has crapped the bed recently.

Because the defense saw that, no matter how hard they tried, Chip's offense was continuing failing and continually putting them in terrible positions. That causes dissension in the locker room and a collapse of team morale.

I don't know if that's what's happening in Philly, but it would explain why their defense has crapped the bed recently.

The offense was getting better each week, and started out great against the Fins. It was only when butt fumble took over that the wheels completely fell off. Hopefully once Bradford comes back the O will start moving the ball again and the defense can start playing again.

I don't think their defense played very well against the Panthers or the Cowboys

Chris Johnson put on IR/return. Sigh. Well, guess what game he's eligible to play in? The Superbowl, baby! Now we just have to get there...

Just realized that that means one way or another SF is the last spot he's playing in for this season, just hope it wasn't this last Sunday's game ;)

They called that on us in SB XL.

Just saying.... and it was BULL SHIT. Wait am I agreeing with Pats-GAF? FUCK ME. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Top Bottom