• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 14 |OT| - A Fraud Probably Injures Himself

a qb without a run game needs to force the ball, a qb with a run game doesn't get put in that position. shocking.

Brady had to chuck a ball into double coverage 30 yards down the field. And he definitely had to force a pass at the goal line into double coverage. Btw Eagles outrushed the Pats 128 to 103. I guess those 25 yards made all the difference in the game though.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

You don't have to tell me that Rodgers sucks. I want to trade his ass for a 3rd round pick.

breh, the only point being made by Eagles fans is Bradford and Brady on Sunday.

Which is a weak point because that becomes such a :kas argument. Effectively cherry picking stats to support why you're excited about your quarterback.

Goodbye Christian Ponder, we barely knew you.

Wish we would have tried to get two 1st out of him.

Future Browns quarterback right?

I remember when Vikings fans were upset that he was hurt for that playoff game in 2012. Granted, Joe Webb is even more fucking garbage.

You don't have to tell me that Rodgers sucks. I want to trade his ass for a 3rd round pick.

Which is a weak point because that becomes such a :kas argument. Effectively cherry picking stats to support why you're excited about your quarterback.

I'll trade you a 3rd round pick
for Munn

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Please tell me there are stats out there that shows Hoyer > Bradford

Or (insert dogshit QB here) > Bradford
-----------Compl% / yds / td / int / QBR
HoyHoy 61.2 / 2,202 / 18 / 6 / 94.4
Bradford 63.5 / 2,417 / 13 / 10 / 83.5

SUPER BOWL BOUND!!!!

Hindl

Bradford can't dink as well as Brady, but I often feel that the system Kelly is trying to run for passing is pretty similar to what they do in New England. The difference is that New England has about 50 different dink and dunk plays, most of which involve some kind of pick or movement or exploiting a mismatch to get someone open. Chip's system is usually throw a screen to the same side every single play.

Oh yeah, one other big different is that the Pats are cheating c*nts.

Eagles fans now tell me I am crazy.

You're right. Before Chip was in the NFL, he went to the Pats and talked to Belichick about his playstyle and the up-tempo no huddle offense that they were running a few years back. Belichick just is a better coach overall, and is adapting it to what talents and weaknesses his team has, so he's doing much better with it than Chip.

Pepiope

I remember when Vikings fans were upset that he was hurt for that playoff game in 2012. Granted, Joe Webb is even more fucking garbage.
Bread was making jokes about how unstoppable Bradford was on Sunday, which led to the point.

It's not as if it all started because we're trying to make the case that Bradford is better than Brady.

Milchjon

That's unfair to Matt Stafford, who has never thrown for less than 143 yards in 7 seasons except for one game where he got injured in the 2nd quarter.

Jesus dude, people on this very board were excited that the mighty Rodgers beat Stafford on one of the flukeist plays ever. Not one person on this site or in the media picked the Eagles to win on Sunday, and no one would have believed that Sam Bradford could go into NE and out play Brady, so yes people were excited by that game. Oh the horror.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=183376271&postcount=1608

I have posted my thoughts on Brady before. There are charts and quotes from writers more eloquent than I on the subject, if you want to read

Like I said, totally on board with the idea of Brady being a system quarterback (is cheating a system?)

Just not sold on Sam Bradford. Two offensive touchdowns against the Pats doesn't convince me that he got the W for the Eagles when he had a lot of help.

I also don't buy the argument that had they not gone into Marty Ball mode, that Bradford would have been slinging it down the field for more points.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Jesus dude, people on this very board were excited that the mighty Rodgers beat Stafford on one of the flukeist plays ever. Not one person on this site or in the media picked the Eagles to win on Sunday, and no one would have believed that Sam Bradford could go into NE and out play Brady, so yes people were excited by that game. Oh the horror.

but he didn't really outplay brady. His team did something only two other teams in the history of the league have ever done, ever.

squicken

I also don't buy the argument that had they not gone into Marty Ball mode, that Bradford would have been slinging it down the field for more points.

They were up by 21 in the 4Q. How could I possibly disprove what you said? There's a book about football game management that says teams should always start milking the clock once they get ahead, and go fast when behind. It's a bit extreme, but the book is the seminal work on a deeper understanding of football game management

The defense was on the field the whole 3Q, basically, b/c of the return TDs. Chip even said in his press conference he had to get his defense a rest. They didn't just run; they milked the clock. It's good situational football. It's managing the game, in the good sense of the term

All other things being equal, I take the QB who only has to score 14 of 35 points.

Glad to see you agree with me. I was not expecting that.

They were up by 21 in the 4Q. How could I possibly disprove what you said? There's a book about football game management that says teams should always start milking the clock once they get ahead, and go fast when behind

The defense was on the field the whole 3Q, basically, b/c of the return TDs. Chip even said in his press conference he had to get his defense a rest. They didn't just run; they milked the clock. It's good situational football. It's managing the game, in the good sense of the term

They also lost out on 3 possessions due to those being return TDs. If they only return those into the RD and Bradford picks up 2 more TDs, did he suddenly have a great game then?

Dragon

Banned
Between yankeehater and Pepiope, I have to nominate Eagles fans as the most delusional in this thread. Bradford has never proven in the NFL that he can throw the ball down the field at all. Shitting on Brady won't change that whatsoever, squicken!

squicken

So most people are assuming that since Ed Werder is based in Dallas, the leak about Murray going to Lurie is from his side. But this is from the website of Murray's agent

“As the Eagles General Manager, I have worked with countless agents. In my experience working with Bill Johnson, he is always professional, well prepared and very effective. He clearly has a passion and conviction about his clients when he’s negotiating their contracts, but he’s also pleasant to deal with.”

-Howie Roseman

That's a guy with interest in making both Chip and Murray look bad

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
They were up by 21 in the 4Q. How could I possibly disprove what you said? There's a book about football game management that says teams should always start milking the clock once they get ahead, and go fast when behind. It's a bit extreme, but the book is the seminal work on a deeper understanding of football game management

I wasn't criticizing the way the game was managed. I think they were fine trying to milk the clock for all the reasons that you stated. I just don't believe the "what if" scenario that was mentioned earlier in the thread that Bradford would have lit the Pats defense on fire if he was unleashed. I'm basing this mostly on his past history as a quarterback. Maybe he could have? I just think it's more probable than not that he would have been exactly what he has always been at quarterback - average.

Between yankeehater and Pepiope, I have to nominate Eagles fans as the most delusional in this thread. Bradford has never proven in the NFL that he can throw the ball down the field at all. Shitting on Brady won't change that whatsoever, squicken!

kas

Bradford didn't need to be amazing. He just needed to not make critical mistakes, which Brady did. He also stepped up and made two huge plays on 3rd down, away from home, in the hardest place to play in the NFL for the last decade. Not bad!

Brady on the other hand threw pick 6 and another backbreaking interception that made Byron Maxwell look competent.

Dragon

Banned

2 delusional fans > 1!

Bradford didn't need to be amazing. He just needed to not make critical mistakes, which Brady did. He also stepped up and made two huge plays on 3rd down, away from home, in the hardest place to play in the NFL for the last decade. Not bad!

Brady on the other hand threw pick 6 and another backbreaking interception that made Byron Maxwell look competent.

We're not comparing Brady to Bradford. I'm not defending Brady's play, he wasn't good whatsoever.

12/24 for 120 yards is shit. By all means be happy about the win! If you expect to win games consistently with 250 yards of offense in the NFL in 2015 you're delusional.

Milchjon

tbf to Kas, that fat fuck is ten times the QB Bradford will ever be.

Ten times the size too.

Have gamepass on here and that run happened literally the same time as this post :jnc

It's more than the run though! It's also his TD sneak and his 36 yard catch and his heroic int return pursuit!

He made his share of great plays. He just gut slightly less lucky than usual.

squicken

I wasn't criticizing the way the game was managed. I think they were fine trying to milk the clock for all the reasons that you stated. I just don't believe the "what if" scenario that was mentioned earlier in the thread that Bradford would have lit the Pats defense on fire if he was unleashed. I'm basing this mostly on his past history as a quarterback. Maybe he could have? I just think it's more probable than not that he would have been exactly what he has always been at quarterback - average.

Oh he would have kept dinking and dunking for sure. He is like Alex Smith, He will not throw the ball if he thinks it can be intercepted. Early in the year he was throwing picks, but that was really not the kind of player he has been his whole career. He's now back to what he has always been. Against NE, where the offense was totally overmatched, that's what they needed.

Like Belichick says, do your job (well). He did. That's the extent of my chest beating

2 delusional fans > 1!

We're not comparing Brady to Bradford. I'm not defending Brady's play, he wasn't good whatsoever.

12/24 for 120 yards is shit. By all means be happy about the win! If you expect to win games consistently with 250 yards of offense in the NFL in 2015 you're delusional.

250 yards of offense when Bradford wasn't even on the field for most of the 2nd half is fine by me and all you need to do is milk the clock is fine by me.

Zeke

Dr. David J. Chao tweeted "hairline definitely quicker than previous comminuted fracture. Might even have a chance week 17 #wasvsdal"
Oh the fuckery this season wrought :jnc

Where that Browns losses in last minute over X time stat. They'd be contenders if not for the last minute of games!

Giants tied the Chargers for most lead blown in a season in the 4th quarter, Browns might be bad, but not Giants fuck up bad..it's official Giants worse than the Browns.

Career INT %

Sam Bradford: 2.3
Nick Foles: 2.2

But one is the worst QB ever and the other is Pro Bowl calibre?
Never said he should be in the pro bowl this year, also what does career stats have to do with anything? Eagles got the better player period. You can keep trying to spin it all you want but nothing is changing that fact.

Top Bottom