• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 14 |OT| - A Fraud Probably Injures Himself

@NYTSports
If each game this season had ended with 75 seconds left in regulation, the Giants would be 10-2. But they are 5-7.

I want to move on, but I don't think for a second the team, or the majority of the fanbase (dumb fans, clearly) want to move on.

I don't want to move on from Flacco

That said, they can't be in this position again where they go from Flacco/Tyrod to Flacco/Schaub to Schaub/Clausen to nearly Schaub/Clausen/Mallett. Draft someone

If it's Hackenburg, it's proof that I'm the cursed one and I'll take my fandom to Cleveland where it belongs

Spinluck

Given how poorly the Colts D has been playing and how crazy the Jags O is playing, I'd be shocked if the Colts win this week.

Colts D has been better than the offense this year.

Steelers game was the only blowout this year. Ben had his best WRs styling all game, and Williams running all fucking over us. Didn't expect any more or less from the team. Offense couldn't stay on the field for shit.

dGynwOJ.jpg

so obviously edelman>lewis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gronk

wow

Yeah, Lewis was a real asset. I think what can be taken away from this is how performance falls without big target sin general, but not that, say Gronk is less valuable than Edelman or Lewis (or whatever). Gronk might get 8 targets a game... might catch 5 of them... but those 5 are big gains and a disproportionate number of touchdowns. Lewis might get 7 targets in a game, but because he's a RB, he's getting 6 of those behind the line and likely catching them all. Likewise, Edelman goes over th emiddle so he'll get 9 targets, and they're all catchable short passes and moderate gains.

Without a doubt though for the Patriots offense to get past teams like Houston, Cincinatti, NYJ, and especially Denver, they need both Gronk and Edelman. Gronk's ability to stretch the middle gets Edelman open... Edelman's ability to be a crossing risk gets Gronk open. Having watched James White in th last game, I think he'll be a real threat if both Gronk and Edelman get back on the field healthy in 3 or 4 weeks.

I was down on White after the Denver game because his blocking was so atrocious, but he was the only consistent weapon Sunday afternoon... ANd had he not been stopped at the half yard line on his long screen pass, then I think the Patriots win that game (the one where Brady threw the pick 6 two plays later).

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I think 3 of them were for head trauma. Most were of the heart attack/stroke variety that happen in every sport. The appalling thing is the lack of trainers.

Trey

0 of them were Pop Warner?

there's a lot of levels between pop warner and professional football, so I think it's dishonest to make it only a conversation between the two. And a lot of the argument against pop warner is that these are kids who don't know any better, even if the energy their heads absorb in hits is dramatically less than professional supermen.

But I'll grant that the research into children showing early signs of CTE is not deep, you know, because CTE is generally a long term problem.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
cient's technical team insists on watching me do the installs, he went and did something that he said was going to take an hour, 2.5 hours ago. -_-

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
More than 3 kids were killed by gunfire in the time between your post and mine. 10 times that many died in vehicular accidents. Nothing in life is safe.

by that logic, we should make nothing safer, ever, cause something is always more dangerous. C'mon.

So... anyone willing to trade for Demarco? All you need is some bronzer, a tanning bed, and pledge to only run him from under center and he'll be happy.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
by that logic, we should make nothing safer, ever, cause something is always more dangerous. C'mon.
Oh, they should make it safer. The biggest thing is to start with certified trainers at every game, but I said that already. I'm saying that there's clearly not as much risk in playing football as some people are trying to make it seem. It will always be dangerous, though.

bigosc2k

Banned
My company gave everybody a roku2 as a Christmas gift, so I'm going to go to where gata's people favorite store which is wal mart and exchange for a game.

eznark

Banned
This post is eerily reminiscent of something you'd see from a climate change denier

Sure, if it were a well respected scientist considered to be a leading expert on climate change. Not sure character assassination will work on this dude, considering he mentored the dude from yesterday.

Zeke

So... anyone willing to trade for Demarco? All you need is some bronzer, a tanning bed, and pledge to only run him from under center and he'll be happy.
In a fucking heart beat. So anyone else crossing their fingers for a four way 6-10 tie?

squicken

The Rams are 31st among 32 teams in offensive points per game (14.4), 31st in touchdowns from scrimmage, and are last in the NFL in passer rating (69.8), yards per passing attempt (6.0), completion percentage (56.0), net passing yards per game (178), total net yards from scrimmage per game (305), and third-down conversion rate (24.5 percent.)

Since STATS LLC began tracking third-down success rates as an official league statistic in 1972, the Rams’ current percentage rate ranks No. 1,294 on a list of 1,297 teams. Only 1976 Tampa Bay (24.4), 2002 Dallas (24.0) and 2005 San Francisco (24.0) were worse.

But it’s close, and the Rams have a chance to be the NFL’s most futile third-down team since ’72.

http://www.101sports.com/2015/12/08/jeff-fishers-offense-failure-fault/

Give me some draft picks. We need a 2nd next year.

Why? I dont get why everyone is so nuts about a second round pick. What percentage of them ever pan out? Eagles need good players. Give me a guy that I know is good over a pick that might possibly turn out to be good.

MechDX

Dallas Keuchel, Aastros Cy Young winner, will be the Texans honorary captain on Sunday for Battle Red Day.

Love the red jerseys. Need to switch to a cherry red helmet and red jerseys as default

Pepiope

Why? I dont get why everyone is so nuts about a second round pick. What percentage of them ever pan out? Eagles need good players. Give me a guy that I know is good over a pick that might possibly turn out to be good.
Our 3 2nd rounders under Chip:

Ertz
Matthews
Rowe

I wouldn't mind another one of those guys.

Bread

Banned
Yes they did, you see if you take the Eagles final score and subtract 14 then the Pats would have won. I am guessing math isnt your strongest suit.
and if you take the eagles final score and subtract 21 then the pats would have won, wowee good stuff yh! bradford was truly unstoppable.

bionic77

dGynwOJ.jpg

so obviously edelman>lewis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>gronk

wow
That makes sense.

Brady, in addition to being a vile bigot, is a classic dink and dunker.

The system doesn't work without that small player to dump off to. Gronk is around for spreading disease, catching TDs and splash plays. They lose points without him but the offense can still function to some degree.

Fox318

That makes sense.

Brady, in addition to being a vile bigot, is a classic dink and dunker.

The system doesn't work without that small player to dump off to. Gronk is around for spreading disease, catching TDs and splash plays. They lose points without him but the offense can still function to some degree.

the lawyer is right I say

and if you take the eagles final score and subtract 21 then the pats would have won, wowee good stuff yh! bradford was truly unstoppable.

How about that last Eagles drive when the Pats needed a stop on third down to get the ball back, where they able to stop him from throwing a perfect pass to Cooper? Look I totally understand that you are taking this loss really fucking hard.

So the guy that threw a terrible RZ taint, and also just chucked a ball up for no reason at all for another pick was the better QB. Dude you need help.

Top Bottom