• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 14 |OT| - A Fraud Probably Injures Himself

Bread

Banned
RIP

j88kuJY.jpg
Should say bread
Missed opportunity at

squicken

McCoy a better fit for Eagles, and not just on the field

"We're all fine with him," tackle Lane Johnson said, "but this one thing here, you just got to kind of watch what you say, and if you say it, you got to be accountable for it and own up to it."

Murray isn't exactly eating alone in his car like Asomugha did on occasion. He has two teammates he spends most of his time off with - former Oklahoma roommate Sam Bradford and tight end Zach Ertz. Miles Austin was the third, but Murray's former Cowboys teammate was released on Monday.

Kelly lamented over how the news of the trade was relayed to McCoy. An ESPN reporter broke the story before Kelly had an opportunity to tell the running back himself. Kelly eventually tried to reach McCoy, but the calls were never answered.

He tried again on Tuesday, per sources with knowledge of the call. McCoy didn't recognize the number and answered. When Kelly identified himself, McCoy hung up. On Wednesday, McCoy said he stood by offseason comments he made about Kelly not respecting stars and getting rid of all the "good black players."

"I know he was pissed, and he should be pissed, rightly so," Kelly said.

E4fnJet.gif

MechDX

J.J. Watt is brilliant, but his legacy demands a QB

Good article but this caught my eye right at the start:

If Lawrence Taylor sounded a bit taken aback this week when the dominator he used to be was compared to one of today's players, he had a good reason: NFL coaches rarely liken a fifth-year pass-rusher to the man widely regarded as the greatest defensive player of all time.

Especially NFL coaches with the credibility of Bill Belichick, who treasures his time as an assistant with Taylor's New York Giants. So when Belichick compared J.J. Watt to the outside linebacker he coached for 10 years, it made news. And that news prompted a call to Taylor, who offered up the qualifier that he doesn't slip on his ol' No. 56 and plant himself in front of a big-screen TV every Sunday to watch hour after hour of the sport he changed forever from the blind side.

But yes, he has seen enough of the Houston Texans defensive end to understand we're all watching something pretty special. Asked whether he agreed with Belichick's assessment that Watt belonged in his ballpark, Taylor told ESPN.com by phone: "That's not for me to get involved in. I think there are only a few guys that can play in any era, and J.J. Watt is one of those guys.

"I'd probably put him in the top 10 all time, and then time will tell where he fits on that list. Is he Deacon Jones? No, not yet. Is he Reggie White? No, not yet. Bruce Smith? No, not yet. That comes with time and a lot of work being put in. But I do think Watt's a great player who goes 110 percent on every play. The thing you want from a defensive end is to be disruptive, and he is very disruptive. The guy is a force."

Ringing endorsement from an all time great. Assuming LT wasnt strung out on coke at the time of course.

Top Bottom