• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

Does Best Buy sell digital codes for Xbox One games?

Wanted to use this $10 gift certificate for Tomb Raider.

I know that the best buy near me has xbl points cards near the register when you check out. I would think that they would have the same thing online.

rjinaz

it's well-deserved when you somehow manage to be worse than Stephanie

Looking back, Joey kind of strikes me as the "creepy" uncle. Living in a household with three young girls and never really having much luck with the ladies.

3 different teams canceled head coaching interviews with Bruce Arians:

I really wonder why all 3 teams pulled out at the same time. I wonder if the Bears leaked something to scare the other teams off.

Very strange. Especially since they all seem to cancel at once. Wonder what was being said about him? Regardless, I know Arizona is happy with him and how things have turned out.

Line_HTX

Zak Keefer ‏@zkeefer 12m12 minutes ago

On Monday, Matt Hasselbeck figured "no way" he'd play Sunday. Now, he's not sure. Says breathing the hardest thing right now.

Fuck and chuck it Luck was awesome.

You never really felt out of a game with him regardless of the score (depending on the time left).

Hope he comes back to form, he's one of those guys that have that magic to them.

Good thing Bill is an evil wizard, blocking Andrew his magic when playing the Pats then.

MechDX

On Monday, Matt Hasselbeck figured "no way" he'd play Sunday. Now, he's not sure. Says breathing the hardest thing right now.

Asked Hasselbeck if he can throw without pain in his ribs. He started laughing. In other words: Hell no.

You can not , in good conscience, roll him out there.

jmdajr

Asked Hasselbeck if he can throw without pain in his ribs. He started laughing. In other words: Hell no.

You can not , in good conscience, roll him out there.

Wasn't clipboard Jesus on the Titans?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lol, who has Wussle had as a WR?

Sidney Rice? Golden Tate? Doug Baldwin?

Lynch was the best player on that offense for years, but Wussle passed him this year, he's carrying the offense.

Golden Tate III is one of the best WRs in the league and I say that with my Lions bias set aside. His route running, speed, yards after catch are easily among the Top 10 in the NFL.

You'll hear this upcoming MNF game, or in the past, "He's really like Hines Ward", except for the fact his routes are sharper and he's faster and not as fat

He's an awesome blocker too.

Golden-Tate-Hit-on-Sean-Lee.gif

Wake the fuck up Sean Lee. You got smoked by a WR.

It's like my high school coach used to tell me.
"Kastrioti, son, keep your head on a swivel."

I tried not to talk back, or laugh, at my coach trying to coach me something that can't be taught. I knew when I put on pads in the 4th grade with my #92 Reggie White jersey that my job is to smack you and there is nothing you'll do about it. I guess I learned angles to take through my first sport, Basketball.

I say that observing teammates or opponents who could bench 400 lbs but couldn't read a basic run-read option play or just tackle someone.

As a fucking Middle Linebacker, Sean Lee should've have seen that coming. I did from my basement armchair /Al Bundy

God damn I miss playing football

Furyous

Fuck and chuck it Luck was awesome.

You never really felt out of a game with him regardless of the score (depending on the time left).

Hope he comes back to form, he's one of those guys that have that magic to them.

His gritty passionate intangibles are crucial to Indy's success. Without his reckless gun slinging who knows where they'd be. Andrew Luck is a coach killer if the Colts fire Chuckstrong but that's a discussion for another time.

NFL ‏@NFL 25m25 minutes ago

.@DangeRussWilson = Elite?

Mike Pettine thinks otherwise: http://on.nfl.com/1NVd6sc

CWcAvs6WUAEdK99.jpg:large

What supporting cast does Russell have exactly? His offensive line is shit. That receiving core lacks a bonafide superstar and Marshawn Lynch is injured. Jimmy Graham doesn't count because he bitched and moaned the entire season. Meanwhile over in Cleveland... DAMMIT HOLMGREN FOR NOT SELECTING RUSSELL IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE. If Johnny looks elite against this defense then I'll eat a Snickers.

I've got Johnny going 20 for 35 with 200 yards and two touchdowns.

Predict Johnny Football's stat line below:

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Last Sunday, noted scumbag, Vontaze Burfict, crossed the 50 to antagonize the Steelers in pregame, hit Ben low and late, pushed Rosie Nix over the pile well after the whistle and kicked David DeCastro in the head. He was fined $0. Both DeCastro and AB have been fined for incidents during the game. I'm not sure what the fuck the league is doing.

jakncoke

Banned
Golden Tate III is one of the best WRs in the league and I say that with my Lions bias set aside. His route running, speed, yards after catch are easily among the Top 10 in the NFL.

You'll hear this upcoming MNF game, or in the past, "He's really like Hines Ward", except for the fact his routes are sharper and he's faster and not as fat

He's an awesome blocker too.

Golden-Tate-Hit-on-Sean-Lee.gif

Wake the fuck up Sean Lee. You got smoked by a WR.

It's like my high school coach used to tell me.
"Kastrioti, son, keep your head on a swivel."

I tried not to talk back, or laugh, at my coach trying to coach me something that can't be taught. I knew when I put on pads in the 4th grade with my #92 Reggie White jersey that my job is to smack you and there is nothing you'll do about it. I guess I learned angles to take through my first sport, Basketball.

I say that observing teammates or opponents who could bench 400 lbs but couldn't read a basic run-read option play or just tackle someone.

As a fucking Middle Linebacker, Sean Lee should've have seen that coming. I did from my basement armchair /Al Bundy

God damn I miss playing football

Sean Lee has had a ton of concussions probably , should he retire ? probably . CTE probable with him

His gritty passionate intangibles are crucial to Indy's success. Without his reckless gun slinging who knows where they'd be. Andrew Luck is a coach killer if the Colts fire Chuckstrong but that's a discussion for another time.

What supporting cast does Russell have exactly? His offensive line is shit. That receiving core lacks a bonafide superstar and Marshawn Lynch is injured. Jimmy Graham doesn't count because he bitched and moaned the entire season. Meanwhile over in Cleveland... DAMMIT HOLMGREN FOR NOT SELECTING RUSSELL IN THE FIRST FUCKING PLACE. If Johnny looks elite against this defense then I'll eat a Snickers.

I've got Johnny going 20 for 35 with 200 yards and two touchdowns.

Predict Johnny Football's stat line below:

this is a misconception. he has been sacked 7 times in the past 6 games. he is part of that because he's slippery but the O-line is playing much better than they were earlier in the season. if you watch the games, more often than not he has all the time in the world to throw these past few games (from what i've watched.... didn't watch every play of every game)

Golden Tate is pretty average among Wide Receivers,

This is him compared to Markus Wheaton, the third option in the Steelers offense.

Code:
                            Rush Rush Rush Rush Rush Rece Rece Rece Rece Rece
Rk                  Year  G  Att  Yds   TD  Y/A  Lng  Rec  Yds   TD  Y/R  Lng
1       Golden Tate 2015 13    6   41    0  6.8   15   76  675    4  8.9   43
2    Markus Wheaton 2015 13    0    0    0         0   32  589    3 18.4   72

You'll notice that Wheaton is only 86 yards behind Tate on 44 fewer receptions.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Sean Lee has had a ton of concussions probably , should he retire ? probably . CTE probable with him

Are you taking about that specific play? Because, yeah, he probably got concussed.

That type of play happens in all weight classes and CTE is probable with every football play. It's ugly and Sean Lee has had concussions throughout his career. By this I mean 20+ at minimum.

The one concussion I remember was actually against our Middle Linebacker who played at a big PAC 12 school.

Opposing team runs a basic ISO, I'm playing 4-3 DE and read it like a book.

I'll never forget it as long as I live. I saw the Running back and the fear in his eyes in those brief seconds. He was actually a solid Division 1 prospect by PAC 12 schools and that was in the scouting report.

Time slowed downed, he looked my way, looked towards our Linebacker and decided to slide on an ISO causing me and my teammate to collide heads. He was about to get smacked up but knew to slide at the perfect moment.

*BING* *Whitness and Stars*

Nothing but a white screen and a loud "BING!" for a few seconds as I tried to recompose myself.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

This is him compared to Markus Wheaton, the third option in the Steelers offense.

Code:

Just imagine what Tate would do if he had Ben throwing him the ball instead of some scrub.

jakncoke

Banned

Code:

8.9 a catch is Troy Brown territory damn

Troy Brown had a 97 catch 890 yard year once

I kind of want to pick it up. Itching for a tactical shooter and I've heard some great things.

I'll have to buy Madden before it though.

Good man! Super Bowl will be in a few days so its the perfect time to jump, draft some decent talent and start restoring the roar.

Only way Lions will win an OWL

Pfffft, Brett Hundley and Ramses Barden will lead the Raiders to glory again.

Buy R6S, you can get on and play with us. Madden will come to EA Access at some point get it then.

Don't listen to this guy, Madden is the better game because there are more ways to make Bread cry.

Hmmm Tannehill at 2.5? Not too bad I guess although INT haven't been an issue with him.

His TD-INT definitely isn't a problem. He'll ocassionally make the really dumb throw that results in an INT, but he adapts quickly and you won't see that kind of throw again, especially in the same game.

The problem with the passing game is a mix of play calling, lack of talent in the receiving core outside of Landry and Stills, and Tannehill's own inconsistency in accuracy. But again, its pointless to continue evaluating anything this year and just chalking it all up to an anomaly. I can only hope next year this team gets back on track in terms of overall improvement, but this is the Dolphins after all.

Bruce Arians is bullish on Sam Bradford:

Three years ago, when Bruce Arians picked up Carson Palmer at an Oakland Raiders fire sale for a seventh-round pick and made him the Arizona Cardinals’ starting quarterback, he warned people that it probably was going to take Palmer about half a season before the light went on.

Sure enough, Palmer struggled in the first seven games that season, throwing just eight touchdown passes and 13 interceptions. He was near the bottom of the league in passing with a 69.4 rating.

Then, just like that, everything started to click for him. In the Cardinals’ final nine games that year, Palmer had a 94.5 passer rating. He threw 16 TD passes to nine interceptions. His completion percentage jumped from 60.5 to 65.6. His yards per attempt average in the final nine games was 8.3, nearly two yards more than the first seven games.

This year, after coming back from the second ACL injury of his career, Palmer is second in the league in passing and already has thrown 31 touchdown passes

Arians pointed to the night-and-day improvement last year of Giants quarterback Eli Manning once he finally got comfortable with offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo’s west coast system.

"Just look at Eli," Arians said Wednesday in a conference call with the Philadelphia media. "It took him a while to get into the west coast system. Now he’s playing very good and obviously feels very comfortable in that offense

"I think it just takes time for guys. Some it takes a little longer. Others, by the second part of the season, they should be flourishing."

Which, of course, brings us to Eagles quarterback Sam Bradford, who appears to be settling in to Chip Kelly’s tempo offense.

In Bradford’s last four starts, he has a 97.5 passer rating, a 65.2 completion percentage, five TD passes and just one interception, which, if referee Ed Hochuli had been wearing his glasses on Sunday, wouldn’t have been an interception.

In his first seven starts this year after being traded for Nick Foles, Bradford had a 76.4 passer rating, nine TDs, 10 interceptions.

"It’s not just getting healthy (for Bradford)," said Arians, whose 11-2 Cardinals will face the 6-7 Eagles at the Linc on Sunday night.

"It’s finding your rhythm in that offense. Same thing with Carson here. As you’re learning, you’re playing slower. As you get a feel for it, the game slows down and your athletic ability can take over.

"And Sam is blessed with a ton of athletic ability. I had him rated as one of the best ever to come out. He just got unlucky with injuries. But he’s beginning to flourish in that offense now."

Eagles coach Chip Kelly traded Foles for Bradford, who was coming off back-to-back ACL injuries, because he didn’t think Foles could take the Eagles from good to great. He believed Bradford could. If his knee could stay in one piece. So far it has.

"That was a major decision to go away from Nick (Foles) and go with Sam," Arians said. "Those are decisions you make as a head coach."

Arians completely understands why Kelly made the ballsy move. He made it for the same reason he went out and got Palmer, albeit at a considerably cheaper price. Because without a top quarterback, you’re doomed to failure in the NFL.

"You’re tied to the hip of your quarterback no matter where you’re a head coach," Arians said. "That relationship and how well that guys plays, your job pretty much depends on it.

"You can have the greatest defense, and you can run the ball. But if you don’t have a quarterback, you’re not going to go anywhere."

His TD-INT definitely isn't a problem. He'll ocassionally make the really dumb throw that results in an INT, but he adapts quickly and you won't see that kind of throw again, especially in the same game.

The problem with the passing game is a mix of play calling, lack of talent in the receiving core outside of Landry and Stills, and Tannehill's own inconsistency in accuracy. But again, its pointless to continue evaluating anything this year and just chalking it all up to an anomaly. I can only hope next year this team gets back on track in terms of overall improvement, but this is the Dolphins after all.

I agree, although I do think that his accuracy is pretty good in the short/interm and he's average on deep balls, but the problem lies more in the spacing/play design but yeah you're right any further evaluation is pointless, I'd say the whole year is a wash really. Ross really fucked us over

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

Code:

You just called Golden Tate III an average WR based on stats from this Joe Lombardi season.

Just watch the film are you trying to deny his skill. Are you telling me Markus Wheaton is a better WR than Golden Tate?

This reminds me of people pulling random Colin Kapernick stats trying to prove he's better than Stafford.

Top Bottom