• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

Line_HTX

NFL ‏@NFL 25m25 minutes ago

.@DangeRussWilson = Elite?

Mike Pettine thinks otherwise: http://on.nfl.com/1NVd6sc

CWcAvs6WUAEdK99.jpg:large

010518-NFL-Russell-Wilson-crying-2-JL-PI.vresize.1200.675.high.47.jpg

Somebody said "elite tear." Bah Gawd, da disrespect...

squicken

Fuck Pettine. I'm 99% sure he said that b/c he wants to make sure SEA is fired up

Reads like a defense of Ryan Leaf

I will absolutely defer to posters who know the Big 10 on him. b/c everything about figuring him out seems to be the off the field stuff. But I certainly won't forget that trophy acceptance. It was a total dick move

MechDX

I will absolutely defer to posters who know the Big 10 on him. b/c everything about figuring him out seems to be the off the field stuff. But I certainly won't forget that trophy acceptance. It was a total dick move

I watched part of Draft Day on HBO yesterday. Cook is Bo Callahan all over again.

Get Costner on the line!

eznark

Banned
Fuck Pettine. I'm 99% sure he said that b/c he wants to make sure SEA is fired up

He should have just said "Fuck Ohio State and fuck Archie Griffin" instead of pussing out in the post-game because he checked twitter? To me that was the bigger issue. Dude is checking twitter as he walks from the trophy ceremony to the post game interview? Clown ass clown.

On the field I love him.

WedgeX

Banned
Submitting a writing sample to a grad school that I'm applying to...and the paper I'm submitting references a professor at the university but not in that particular school...in a negative way...

I'm fucked, aren't I.

I have no idea who I want to come to the Lions. Not as GM, not as taking over coaching (although the keep Austin chants as HC have begun to be heard).

This has been another waste of a season.

@AbramsonPBP 1h1 hour ago
New story: #Dolphins have expressed interest in long-term deal with Lamar Miller, but negotiations haven't begun yet

They have a history of not doing extensions until the off-season....they better not let him walk although he would look good in a cowboys uniform next to Romo....

MechDX

Yeah I still play it from time to time. I am amazed that there are still so many people online. Had no trouble at all getting full games a few weeks ago.

I need to play it again. Got rid of my disc after I got EA Access. Maybe I should play this weekend?

If you have a One and Access download this game

The special edition garbage? Despecialized Editions FTW. I can't even sit through Star Wars Fraggle Rock anymore....

No lies detected. I watched the Despecialized Editions to get ready for tonight. Seeing the first two as they were originally made in such great quality was amazing. Due to Lucas's fuckery I hadn't seen them like that since I was a kid. ROTJ right now. It sucks even worse than I remember.

squicken

QBR and clutchiness

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/14387497/ranking-nfl-most-clutch-quarterbacks

Statistical analyses across multiple sports have undercut the idea that some athletes consistently perform better (or worse) when stakes are highest. Joe Montana, Michael Jordan and Jack Nicklaus were clutch, to be sure, but they were usually great the rest of the time as well. Whether Newton or any player has "stepped up" in key moments previously might not predict future performance in those situations, but that doesn't have to spoil the conversation. We can still look at which quarterbacks deserve the clutch label to this point in 2015 -- including a few you might not suspect.

7fOA2hy.jpg

13. Matthew Stafford (62.3); 14. Kirk Cousins (60.5); 15. Tyrod Taylor (53.7); 16. Andy Dalton (52.8); 17. Sam Bradford (52.5); 18. Aaron Rodgers (48.8); 19. Peyton Manning (40.5); 20. Ben Roethlisberger (40.2); 21. Brock Osweiler (39.9); 22. Philip Rivers (38.4); 23. Matt Hasselbeck (33.1); 24. Ryan Fitzpatrick (31.7); 25. Derek Carr (31.6); 26. Blake Bortles (29.5); 27. Matt Cassel (27.4); 28. Joe Flacco (24.2); 29. Nick Foles (11.2); 30. Ryan Tannehill (9.8)

LQw4TZJ.jpg

dqBxuVF.jpg

Mg11X0Z.jpg

Line_HTX

No lies detected. I watched the Despecialized Editions to get ready for tonight. Seeing the first two as they were originally made in such great quality was amazing. Due to Lucas's fuckery I hadn't seen them like that since I was a kid. ROTJ right now. It sucks even worse than I remember.

Where do you find those originals?

Bowser

Since it's an insider article, do they go in what constitutes a clutch play. I assume it's some sort of "one score game in the 4th quarter with x amount of time left" or something like that.

I've defined clutch situations as fourth quarters and overtimes when the score was tied or the quarterback's team trailed by one score (eight or fewer points). With an assist from Hank Gargiulo of ESPN Stats & Information, I then focused on the 30 quarterbacks with more than 30 action plays in those situations (action plays are most plays other than handoffs). Newton came out No. 1 this season with a 97.0 QBR score in these situations.

On another note, tickets to the Giants game acquired. My second game this season, the first being the sweet, sweet comeback win in Seattle.

squicken

Since it's an insider article, do they go in what constitutes a clutch play. I assume it's some sort of "one score game in the 4th quarter with x amount of time left" or something like that.
I've defined clutch situations as fourth quarters and overtimes when the score was tied or the quarterback's team trailed by one score (eight or fewer points).

Hmm.

So you can't be clutch if you have a lead.

Okay then.

That is not what this is saying at all. If your team is up 20 in the 4th, you most likely made some clutch plays. This list is specifically about who came through in crunch time. Who does the best when the game is on the line.

Without digging in to their methodology, Tannehill near the bottom makes sense. His performance in the clutch is one of my greater issues with him. He never takes over a game.

Eh we don't play a lot of close games if you think about it....and last year he gave us the lead against GB and the Lions and Broncos....remember how that turned out?

Don't you know? Eli's past accomplishments mean nothing.

There are only two games that truly matter.

Top Bottom