• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

Here's the real MVP....

koch-punters.jpg

Sam Koch has Changed the Punting Game and Almost No One Noticed

Pretty interesting read about punting. Yes, I have a Sam Koch jersey.

It's not unusual for NFL punters to develop a "changeup" of sorts, but no one has ever had multiple options at the ready. The innovation has vaulted Koch to the top of the NFL's most credible punting statistics, including net yardage (44.41 this season) and Expected Points Added (0.42 per punt)

"Ray Lewis, when he was here, would always tell us to create a legacy," Koch said, sitting in a quiet meeting room recently at the Ravens' practice facility. "What we're trying to do, our group here, is find a way to change the game."

Cardinals, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

We come into this game with extra rest and hopefully a number of our players back from injury. We have extra time to prepare for a team that's struggled this season and there's no excuse to not come out on top. The Eagles have played better as of late, are at home and are desperately fighting for the playoffs so they will not go quietly. We need to show up and take care of business, no complacency. I don't believe Arians allows complacency or overconfidence, there are no trap games with him leading the team not that it would be anyway so late in the season with playoff scenarios on the line. I'm a little nervous about the team playing in the cold but hopefully this team handles that better than previous rosters. I'd have to look back to see how the Palmer led team has done in the cold when he actually plays but too lazy ;p Regardless, we are the better team this year and we need to take care of business. This win will set a franchise record and will also lock up the division so it's a big game for us. 12-2 here we come! Go Cardinals!

TB @ STL

NYJ @ DAL

KC @ BAL
HOU @ IND
TEN @ NE
BUF @ WAS
CHI @ MIN
CAR @ NYG C'mon Gmen, pull off the upset!
ATL @ JAX

GB @ OAK
CLE @ SEA
CIN @ SF
DEN @ PIT
MIA @ SD

ARI @ PHI

DET @ NO

This isn't an attempt to shit on Beckham, but I wonder how many of his touchdowns are hugely blown coverage like that awful one last night.
Outside of the shitty music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-JzPHjZr8s

Gives a good view of most of his catches and TD's. He's just an impeccable route runner and has ridiculously deceptive game speed. Squicken mentioned his body awareness but his ability to start/stop on a dime is really crazy to watch.

Agreed. Was really disappointed in of the receiving core outside of Landry and the one play Stills had. Tons of drops and just bad route running all over the place, and just dumb penalties that always seemed to handicap us on every drive.

Defense is terrible, but there's nothing new there. Suh and Jones continue to be the best players, but everyone on that D was tired by the end of it and it showed when they couldn't even get the ball back.

Yeah the only ones you keep from that defense is Jenkins, Jones and Suh, everyone else you try to replace and using Grimes one on one with OBJ was ridiculous.

Good post, Phin-bro!

Such a weird game last night because it was more enjoyable than the vast majority of Dolphins games this season, including the games they won. Yes they made some stupid mistakes and the penalties were mind-boggling but at least they looked competent on offense. Defense was another story, the secondary is just a complete joke at this point outside of Jones.

Honestly I didn't expect much from Parker this season with all the time he missed. I just hope he has a big year two. Sims has been such a disappointment after flashing last season, the guy just can't catch in traffic which is what good TEs do.

Random aside, that Tannehill pass to Stills was a thing of beauty. Tannehill has crazy levels of talent but it's so inconsistent.

He did have a pretty good game overall I liked his decision making and his footwork and pocket movement was better overall. He kept plays alive including on that final pass and I loved that the offense came out playing well even with the stupid ass fumble from Sims. This offense has play-makers but the penalties, drops, oline and inconsistent playing calling are holding them back. Now that we lost I'd be ok if we won next week just because I'll be there :D

MechDX

Why are you people picking the Texans? Never won in Indy ever

The team lost there in 2011 to Dan fucking Orlovsky for Petes sake.

Cardinals, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!

We come into this game with extra rest and hopefully a number of our players back from injury. We have extra time to prepare for a team that's struggled this season and there's no excuse to not come out on top. The Eagles have played better as of late, are at home and are desperately fighting for the playoffs so they will not go quietly. We need to show up and take care of business, no complacency. I don't believe Arians allows complacency or overconfidence, there are no trap games with him leading the team not that it would be anyway so late in the season with playoff scenarios on the line. I'm a little nervous about the team playing in the cold but hopefully this team handles that better than previous rosters. I'd have to look back to see how the Palmer led team has done in the cold when he actually plays but too lazy ;p Regardless, we are the better team this year and we need to take care of business. This win will set a franchise record and will also lock up the division so it's a big game for us. 12-2 here we come! Go Cardinals!

TB @ STL

NYJ @ DAL

KC @ BAL
HOU @ IND
TEN @ NE
BUF @ WAS
CHI @ MIN
CAR @ NYG C'mon Gmen, pull off the upset!
ATL @ JAX

GB @ OAK
CLE @ SEA
CIN @ SF
DEN @ PIT
MIA @ SD

ARI @ PHI

DET @ NO

You guys lost to the Rams earlier this year. Clearly the Cards went into that game overconfident.

I figure this is the only realistic chance for the Panthers to drop a game in the regular season but I guess there's an outside chance at Tampa beating them too. Not bloody likely but I'll still be plenty happy with the #2 seed if they remain undefeated. Gotta keep this bye on lock!

You guys lost to the Rams earlier this year. Clearly the Cards went into that game overconfident.

We're especially not overconfident against division rivals. That game was just one of those twilight zone fluke fests where we did stupid shit like fumbling the opening kickoff and dropping wide open passes in the end zone. We proved it was a fluke by wrecking their shit the next time we met.

MRSA

Banned
Marquette King is best punter. Not because he's black but look how many times he pinned the Broncos inside the 5, one resulted in a glorious Mack strip sack.

Beach

Uh...Beckham Jr. has about 20 more catches and over 200 more yards than Robinson with the same number of touchdowns. He's just 77 yards behind Brown, but he has 5 more TDs than him.
Lol don't know how I missed his numbers. Nice catch.

What makes me sick is knowing the Ravens will get a ridiculously high draft pick, get everyone healthy and then go back to being who they normally are for years to come.

*pukes*

Doubt it. With Suggs' career basically over and their recent misses they have next to no talent on defense.

Line_HTX

Reminder that Right Tackle Derrick Newton directly caused the concussion by not blocking the rusher on a relaxing nonchalant effort and never protects anyone who's at quarterback, so why even bother starting anyone when he's too slow to block anybody, and him and Tight End Ryan Griffin and the other wide receivers need to be tombstoned chest deep into the turf. These Jabroni Jones still lead the league in dropped passes by a super wide margin.

ampere

What kind of way to be is this? I have no doubt that even if Trump wasnt a racist asshole, he has still done terrible things as a business owner that I wouldnt want to support. Brady is just an odd person.

Brady never seems to talk shit publicly. You do see him talk shit in games sometimes and in some of his personal emails, but not otherwise

This is one of those cases where I think he's making a mistake and backing the wrong horse, but I guess that's his philosophy and he doesn't waver from it.

MRSA

Banned
So my cousins' mother and step dad were killed in a car accident. Their two half sisters are medically induced coma. Man. That's rough.

Brady never seems to talk shit publicly. You do see him talk shit in games sometimes and in some of his personal emails, but not otherwise

This is one of those cases where I think he's making a mistake and backing the wrong horse, but I guess that's his philosophy and he doesn't waver from it.

I honestly just dont understand saying that you support all your friends in everything that they do. Seems like a much stronger statement then was even needed.

Howard Eskin ‏@howardeskin 13h13 hours ago
Interesting..couple #Eagles (Peters and Curry)thru party for Lesean McCoy Sunday night and was told @CutonDime25 never showed. @FOX29philly

I bet if the Bills had won Shady would have shown up. I cant believe how hard he is taking being traded.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
BG!

I just read all those notes...delicious!

I felt a tiny bit of hope but then clouded it again with darkness.

RBH

I was at the Hawks game yesterday.

They did a "Family Feud" type game during one of the time outs in the first half of the game. The topic was "Famous Ryans".

The guys playing the game said "Matt Ryan?" and a bunch of people started booing. Matt Ryan was the last clue on the board behind Ryan Cameron (Hawks announcer), Ryan Seacrest, Ryan Reynolds, and Ryan Gosling.

I was kinda shocked at all the booing. I went with an in-law that is a Panthers fan and he loved it.
tumblr_mmihkn3PkE1spiuxqo1_500.gif

Howard Eskin ‏@howardeskin 13h13 hours ago
Interesting..couple #Eagles (Peters and Curry)thru party for Lesean McCoy Sunday night and was told @CutonDime25 never showed. @FOX29philly

I bet if the Bills had won Shady would have shown up. I cant believe how hard he is taking being traded.

They really should have had the women at the party sign release forms.

Top Bottom