• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

We all know Gronk is the real MVP right? Only half-joking

And the biggest thing discrediting Palmer's (and Dalton's) case is the fact that he has more offensive talent on his team's bench than Cam started out with in his starting lineup (and more than Brady's had to work with for large parts of the season because half his team's on IR).

If we actually want the MVP award to have some semblance of being about being most valuable to your team and not just QB of the Year, Russell Wilson should get votes above Palmer and Dalton.

I would give the MVP to Gronk. He is the best player in the league, regardless of position.

Crisco

Banned
Cam Newton - MVP
Tom Brady - OPOY
Carson Palmer - CPOY

Especially if the Panthers finish with 1 or 0 losses and wrap up the top seed in the playoffs, Cam has earned it. I felt before the season he was setup for a special year, and then the KB injury happened and didn't look like this offense would be capable of scoring a lot. Instead, Cam has been even better than I ever expected, turning an average group of receivers into a group that's put up 30+PPG. The fact that articles are being written about Ted Ginn Jr. and Jerricho Cotchery in 2015 makes him the MVP.

I hope Eagles lose the rest of their games, not because I wish them any ill will but because I want them to come to Twickenham next year to face the Rams.

That way yankee and I can spend the weekend chilling in London as we bond over our love of Nick Foles and become the BFFs we have always been fated to be.

BigAT

So why is the Giant's defense so bad? Secondary, linebackers, defensive line? All of the above?

All of the above basically. They have absolutely no pass rush from the D-line, to the point that the guy with one hand that sat out half the season is the only player that warrants double teams. Their best linebacker has been injured and the current starters behind him wouldn't start anywhere else in the league.

They have two great CBs at the top, but there have been injuries and missed time that have forced other guys into action that have no business playing. Their safeties are a complete joke. They started Craig Dahl last night. Craig Dahl! CRAIG DAHL!!
Landon Collins has shown flashes at times, but coverage is certainly not his strong suit and he is prone to really bad rookie mistakes

oneHeero

I mean, look at this play.

sC2ynYK.gif

No other QB in the game would get that kind of attention from the defense, especially when the runner is someone as good as Jonathan Stewart. They literally never left Cam until the moment the ball left his hand.

Is 32 Vacarro? That was just a dumb move on his end. He's the furthest to the sideline and he lets someone get outside his view.

fuck the cowboys

Hindl

Palmer is a super lock for CPOY. I think he's right out of MVP consideration because that one's a slam dunk.

I dunno, I understand Palmer winning CPOY, and any other year it's so easy. But this year had Eric Berry. Dude came back from fucking cancer this year, and if he came back and even just played that would be a big consideration. But he's one of the top safeties in the league too. That seems like the easier choice than Palmer, that's just the perfect feel good story

Milchjon

A one handed Watt that was still triple teamed yes.

Meh

Doug Kyed:
The Patriots doubled teamed Watt on 15 passing plays, triple teamed him three times, one-on-one 16 times and unblocked once. One hurry.

Sure, double-teams still impact the rest of the play, but let's not go overboard.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Meh

Doug Kyed:
The Patriots doubled teamed Watt on 15 passing plays, triple teamed him three times, one-on-one 16 times and unblocked once. One hurry.

Sure, double-teams still impact the rest of the play, but let's not go overboard.
Uh overboard would be if i lied.

Pepiope

Meh

Doug Kyed:

He's no Fletcher Cox

10 hurries and 4 hits on Brady

And then this week made Incognito....incognito.

Call it my crazy prediction, but I think the Steelers are going to win the AFC North in the last week of the playoffs. I think they'll win their next three games, and I think the Bengals will drop their game in Denver.

MechDX

Watt is still the best defensive player in football . Period.

Anyone can throw other names out there but facts are facts. There is absolutely no one at his level.

Eagles "fans" are some of the most delusional people I have ever seen

Dragon

Banned

Anyone can throw other names out there but facts are facts. There is absolutely no one at his level.

JABEE is okay but yeah some of the others hyping up Sam Bradford remind me of all the stupid Tim Tebow junk here over the years.

Pepiope

Relax. No one is saying Watt isn't the best.

Top Bottom