• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 15 |OT| - A Fraud’s Misses

Watt is still the best defensive player in football . Period.

Anyone can throw other names out there but facts are facts. There is absolutely no one at his level.

Eagles "fans" are some of the most delusional people I have ever seen

Says the Texans, Pats, Wilson fan.

Watt is still the best defensive player in football . Period.

Anyone can throw other names out there but facts are facts. There is absolutely no one at his level.

Eagles "fans" are some of the most delusional people I have ever seen

You talking current?

yes.

Took two/three to defend him on Sunday. Which means Wilfork, Clowney & Cushing sucks

MechDX

Wilson is the MVP
Seahawks win the Super Bowl.
Patriots win the AFC
Watt is DPOTY
Cam wins OPOTY

There it is. Everyone can stop debating now

Edit: yeah SF2, current. But he isnt far from being top 3 ever

Hindl

Oh no. Yankee and Jabee were in the old thread.

It's more that he's not really known. Fletcher Cox is probably the best D Lineman playing football not named JJ Watt. It's like talking about the best TEs right now. There's no need to talk about Gronk because it's understood he's on another level, and it's more talking about who comes after him. Also Cox is a 4-3 lineman in a 3-4 defense, so he's absorbing blocks to allow the LB to do their thing instead of trying to get to the QB. The fact that he's putting up the numbers that he is while in a scheme that isn't letting him run wild is insane. But to make it clear Watt is still the best

So why is the Giant's defense so bad? Secondary, linebackers, defensive line? All of the above?

In addition to what BigAT said we're just basically paying for bad mid/late rounders and FA gambles. Another reason put forward at least by the beat writers here is there is just no leadership on the defense, let alone, you know, talent.

In spite of the win last night you could see in the first half the lack of urgency given all the "hot seat" talk but something sparked in them that got a few stops at least (one of those sparks though is the disappearance of Lamar Miller).

KingBroly

Banned
TB @ STL

NYJ @ DAL

KC @ BAL
HOU @ IND
TEN @ NE
BUF @ WAS
CHI @ MIN
CAR @ NYG
ATL @ JAX

GB @ OAK
CLE @ SEA
CIN @ SF
DEN @ PIT
MIA @ SD

ARI @ PHI

DET @ NO

Seahawks fans will lose their minds by beating up on the Browns. THE BROWNS.

MechDX

I wonder what kind of special teams play, turnovers, or fuckery by the refs is going to doom Texans Sunday.

That 2011 game man.....Watt looked at an Indy player cross eyed. 15 yard penalty!!

One reason I don't have much faith this Sunday.

Edit: also Crennel and Godsey getting cute in their play calling. Why did Crennel decide to put the defense in a base 4-3 for the first time this season vs the Patriots of all teams? Do I need to mention running the wildcat numerous times?

For good or bad TJ will sling it to Nuk with no fucks given

Listening to the Miami Pod Podcast, lots of encouraging stuff from our younger players last night, they really need to play guys like Feda more though, maybe now that the playoffs are completely out of the picture they'll play the younger guys more. The offense looked better but mostly in the first half, the ugly tendencies showed up again with Miller only running it 4 times in the 2nd half :/ not once were we down by more than 7 and Landry needs to stop being a focal point of this offense, he's a slot receiver and a great one he has no business being the "run" game for this team when you have Miller and I don't know if they practice catching the ball during the week....but they really need to focus on that, the drops are ridiculous.

Also Parker really sucked last night, totally disappointing after a good game last week. He needed all that playing time that Jennings got instead, just another stupid ass coaching decision. Phillips has played well this year, seems like a solid get and Sims needs to sit the fuck down, he's just not good and Cameron has been a huge disappointment.

Anyways I enjoyed the game a lot, was fun and close which is rare for a Miami game, loved the throwbacks and I hope they brings those out more next year.

How many players are on IR for the Ravens? Washington is sitting at 17.

Joe Flacco
Steve Smith Sr.
Michael Campanero
Breshad Berriman
Dennis Pitta
Jeremy Zuttah
Eugene Monroe
Matt Elam
Will Davis
Chase Ford
Justin Forsett
Allen Reisner
Micajah Reynolds
Darren Waller
Lorenzo Taliaferro
Cam Worthy
Julian Wilson
Chris Canty
Terrell Suggs

Beach

Allen Robinson and/or Antonio Brown should win the offensive player of the year. Brown has a far better chance than Robinson because of popularity but no one else in the league is putting up better numbers then these two.

DPOY: Watt
OROY: Gurley
DROY: Peters
Comeback: Doug Martin
MVP: Cam/Palmer Co

Listening to the Miami Pod Podcast, lots of encouraging stuff from our younger players last night, they really need to play guys like Feda more though, maybe now that the playoffs are completely out of the picture they'll play the younger guys more. The offense looked better but mostly in the first half, the ugly tendencies showed up again with Miller only running it 4 times in the 2nd half :/ not once were we down by more than 7 and Landry needs to stop being a focal point of this offense, he's a slot receiver and a great one he has no business being the "run" game for this team when you have Miller and I don't know if they practice catching the ball during the week....but they really need to focus on that, the drops are ridiculous.

Also Parker really sucked last night, totally disappointing after a good game last week. He needed all that playing time that Jennings got instead, just another stupid ass coaching decision. Phillips has played well this year, seems like a solid get and Sims needs to sit the fuck down, he's just not good and Cameron has been a huge disappointment.

Anyways I enjoyed the game a lot, was fun and close which is rare for a Miami game, loved the throwbacks and I hope they brings those out more next year.
Good post, Phin-bro!

Such a weird game last night because it was more enjoyable than the vast majority of Dolphins games this season, including the games they won. Yes they made some stupid mistakes and the penalties were mind-boggling but at least they looked competent on offense. Defense was another story, the secondary is just a complete joke at this point outside of Jones.

Honestly I didn't expect much from Parker this season with all the time he missed. I just hope he has a big year two. Sims has been such a disappointment after flashing last season, the guy just can't catch in traffic which is what good TEs do.

Random aside, that Tannehill pass to Stills was a thing of beauty. Tannehill has crazy levels of talent but it's so inconsistent.

BigAT

Allen Robinson and/or Antonio Brown should win the offensive player of the year. Brown has a far better chance than Robinson because of popularity but no one else in the league is putting up better numbers then these two.

Uh...Beckham Jr. has about 20 more catches and over 200 more yards than Robinson with the same number of touchdowns. He's just 77 yards behind Brown, but he has 5 more TDs than him.

Agreed. Was really disappointed in of the receiving core outside of Landry and the one play Stills had. Tons of drops and just bad route running all over the place, and just dumb penalties that always seemed to handicap us on every drive.

Defense is terrible, but there's nothing new there. Suh and Jones continue to be the best players, but everyone on that D was tired by the end of it and it showed when they couldn't even get the ball back.

eznark

Banned
Carson Palmer really deserves to sweep MVP, OPOY and CPOY but voters never do that. Plus, sportwriters are the kings of #QBWins so Cam will win MVP despite being like the 15th best QB in football.

If we want to give MVP based on intangibles, grit and I think it clearly goes to Russell Wilson who is single handedly taking his team to the playoffs and is just playing better football than Newton too (but that apparently doesn't matter much because HEART)

Dragon

Banned
Says the Texans, Pats, Wilson fan.

Mech hyping up one of the best defensive players of our generation against you clowns hyping up Sam Bradford for throwing for 5.0 yards per attempt is some seriously Eagles fan shit!

Uh...Beckham Jr. has about 20 more catches and over 200 more yards than Robinson with the same number of touchdowns. He's just 77 yards behind Brown, but he has 5 more TDs than him.

This isn't an attempt to shit on Beckham, but I wonder how many of his touchdowns are hugely blown coverage like that awful one last night.

Tom Nook

TB @ STL

NYJ @ DAL

KC @ BAL
HOU @ IND
TEN @ NE
BUF @ WAS
CHI @ MIN
CAR @ NYG upset pick
ATL @ JAX

GB @ OAK
CLE @ SEA
CIN @ SF double upset pick
DEN @ PIT
MIA @ SD

ARI @ PHI

DET @ NO

BigAT

This isn't an attempt to shit on Beckham, but I wonder how many of his touchdowns are hugely blown coverage like that awful one last night.

I don't know, but I sure am glad to have the only receiver in the league that defenses make mistakes against.

MechDX

All of the above.
Not changing my Avatar until the Texans win again.
Or until a Buccaneers' CB successfully defends a pass.

A Buccaneer WR catches a pass?

Texans win again? Oh wait TJ Time!!Yaters gonna Yate

Serious note: this is Hoyers 5th career concussion and 2nd in a month. Texans need to IR him and he needs to consider retirement for his own good.

I'm losing hope that we'll get a big snow game this year...

TWqG3TG.gif

Won't happen for the regular season, they predict the warm weather will last into January..

After his first amazing TD where he actually managed to stay in bounds on that catch by an inch, I'm not gonna question how good the dude is.

BigAT

I would ask you why you're such an unbelievable shit, but I don't particularly care.

I mean, it's such an absurd premise that somehow league defenses would blow coverage against one player in a way that is meaningful but the remainder of the league wouldn't benefit in a similar fashion. What kind of response did you hope for when putting forward such a poorly thought out idea?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What makes me sick is knowing the Ravens will get a ridiculously high draft pick, get everyone healthy and then go back to being who they normally are for years to come.

*pukes*

I mean, it's such an absurd premise that somehow league defenses would blow coverage against one player in a way that is meaningful but the remainder of the league wouldn't benefit in a similar fashion. What kind of response did you hope for when putting forward such a poorly thought out idea?

Rodger Goodell is from NY and grew up watching the Giants, plus he wants the Pats to not win the SB this year due to all the Brady stuff. Clearly the league has put the fix in and is telling teams to leave him uncovered for easy touchdowns.

Top Bottom