• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 16 |OT| A Fraud Was Always a Legend

KingBroly

Banned
The only way RBH is going to sleep well at night is if the Panthers win the Super Bowl. Otherwise, he gets nothing. Because the Falcons won't be special otherwise. Unless you mean "Special" which might be the case.

So anyways...

The Bengals are eliminating the Colts tonight, me thinks.

MechDX

I hope the NFL would veto the signing or force the Texans to trade Hopkins to a team that has a QB willing to throw downfield.

qhAeErr.gif

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeden!!!

The Weed from the Cleve!

RBH

The only way RBH is going to sleep well at night is if the Panthers win the Super Bowl. Otherwise, he gets nothing. Because the Falcons won't be special otherwise. Unless you mean "Special" which might be the case.
What does this even mean.

Why in the world would I ever want the Panthers to win the Super Bowl

squicken

@fbgchase
Five teams this year are averaging, in games they win, less than 200 yards passing

Buffalo
St. Louis
Minnesota
Kansas City
Miami

I expected STL and MIA to be on this list, but the others are a bit surprising. I did find it odd yesterday how difficult the Chiefs had throwing the ball on the terrible Browns defense. Kelce and Maclin are a pretty damn good combo of targets

e: Bortles has 29TDs when his team trails. That's something. Robinson had 10TD catches

Gigglepoo

Peter King is always pushing for teams to have rivalry games based on proximity (SF/Oak, Baltimore/Washington, NY/NY, Houston/Dallas, etc). Does anyone else want this? I really like how predictable and sensible the schedule is now. Shoehorning in a Bears/Colts game just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who cares if the Chiefs rarely play the Rams?

MRSA

Banned
Raiders are set to play the Texans and Falcons at home next season

Fuck you Mech

RBH, you better bring your lighter and the Versed.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Raiders are set to play the Texans and Falcons at home next season

Fuck you Mech

RBH, you better bring your lighter and the Versed.

We can just leave Watt there for you guys after the game or maybe even before?

eznark

Banned
Peter King is always pushing for teams to have rivalry games based on proximity (SF/Oak, Baltimore/Washington, NY/NY, Houston/Dallas, etc). Does anyone else want this? I really like how predictable and sensible the schedule is now. Shoehorning in a Bears/Colts game just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who cares if the Chiefs rarely play the Rams?

That is idiotic.How would that even work? Not every team has non-conference geographic "rivals." The Packers get to play the Vikings an extra time each year?

Gigglepoo

That is idiotic.How would that even work? Not every team has non-conference geographic "rivals." The Packers get to play the Vikings an extra time each year?

Yeah, that's another great point. NY/NY makes sense. But who would Seattle play? Or Denver? Or even New England? And, as a 49ers fan for twenty years, I couldn't give two shits about the Raiders. They've never been a rival and forcing that matchup on me every year would be downright tedious. I understand that it's fun seeing Brady go against Eli, but you can't pervert the schedule because of a couple interesting matchups.

Slo

If the Rams leave, one of our teams would get KC. The other would get one of the other leftover teams like Seattle or something.

SonnyBoy

I think the Baltimore/DC region would enjoy it.

RBH

hekker.0.gif

scaredhekker.0.gif

Punters aren’t usually accused of taking cheap shots against opposing players, but that’s exactly what happened on Sunday in Seattle.

Rams punter Johnny Hekker blindsided Seahawks defensive end Cliff Avril, knocking him down after Hekker had punted and Avril had begun to turn around and go downfield. It was a dirty play that drew a 15-yard penalty.

On another punt later in the game, Hekker fell to the ground untouched to avoid getting hit by Avril and fellow Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett. After the game, Bennett said he didn’t have much respect for the way Hekker handled himself.

“He’s scared like a little girl,” Bennett said. “He’s trying to hurt Cliff. Cliff’s got a family too. He come and chips Cliff, what if Cliff blows his knee out? That’s the kind of player they’ve got on their team.”

Avril said Hekker apologized to him after the game, but Avril still wasn’t pleased with the shot Hekker took at him.

“That was a stupid move by him,” Avril said. “It took some discipline, for sure, not to chase him down and do something crazy. But we still got the yards [from the penalty], so it was a positive for us, I guess.”

Hekker will likely be fined by the NFL this week, a rarity for a punter but a justifiable move by the league in this case.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...p-rams-punter-johnny-hekker-after-cheap-shot/

eznark

Banned
Yeah, that's another great point. NY/NY makes sense. But who would Seattle play? Or Denver? Or even New England? And, as a 49ers fan for twenty years, I couldn't give two shits about the Raiders. They've never been a rival and forcing that matchup on me every year would be downright tedious. I understand that it's fun seeing Brady go against Eli, but you can't pervert the schedule because of a couple interesting matchups.

It works in baseball because there are 162 games and people stopped caring about a balanced schedule a long time ago. But in a 16 game schedule it gives a massive advantage to whichever teams get to play the dregs like the Lions or Browns or Texans every year.

Remember when sports games had awesome intros?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kyt5T0OqEI

Can any truly surpass Madden NFL '98, which is 30% John Madden's bus driving around?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqnWt70Ryu4

Also had #22 for the Patriots rushing at Favre on a pass (.. Dave Meggett?)... Shows a helmet getting cut in 2 by a lazer, the NFL symbol rising from bubbling lava, Lazers turning into solid metalic beams through a helmet, and CG graphics that I'm pretty sure were shown in the promotional materials for Madden that year, without any explanation that the game looked like this:

2saO6xx.jpg

Gigglepoo

It works in baseball because there are 162 games and people stopped caring about a balanced schedule a long time ago. But in a 16 game schedule it gives a massive advantage to whichever teams get to play the dregs like the Lions or Browns or Texans every year.

I wonder how it would work with the three Florida teams. Bucs/Dolphins and then Jags/Falcons? While the Panthers twiddle their thumbs? It's pretty clear Peter King is from the North East where there are real rivalries between cities. But most of the country isn't like that.

Crisco

Banned
Starting 14-0 after what was essentially a rebuilding year is pretty impossible to feel bad about, especially with our best receiver watching from the sidelines. We need to lock up the top seed against a bad Bucs team at home next week though. I still think we have a great chance to make the Super Bowl if the road goes through Charlotte, especially with all the 3-6 seeds looking pretty shaky. Biggest problem right now is pass rush, but I think it's just a matter of guys figuring out their roles. Short is the star of that line, not Charles Johnson or anyone else. Just do your job and let KK do his thing. Secondary is a bigger problem but we don't face a receiver like Julio Jones in the playoffs. I'm not going to be concerned about our offense looking a bit out of sync in one game after a 6 game run of scoring 30+ points. Sometimes dudes just play bad.

cdyhybrid

Starting 14-0 after what was essentially a rebuilding year is pretty impossible to feel bad about, especially with our best receiver watching from the sidelines. We need to lock up the top seed against a bad Bucs team at home next week though. I still think we have a great chance to make the Super Bowl if the road goes through Charlotte, especially with all the 3-6 seeds looking pretty shaky. Biggest problem right now is pass rush, but I think it's just a matter of guys figuring out their roles. Short is the star of that line, not Charles Johnson or anyone else. Just do your job and let KK do his thing. Secondary is a bigger problem but we don't face a receiver like Julio Jones in the playoffs. I'm not going to be concerned about our offense looking a bit out of sync in one game after a 6 game run of scoring 30+ points. Sometimes dudes just play bad.
You know you're in good shape when guys still don't know their roles in Week 17.

MechDX

Mary Kay Cabot ‏@MaryKayCabot 42m42 minutes ago
Report: #Browns expect to keep Mike Pettine and fire Ray Farmer, team sources say http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/12/report_cleveland_browns_expect.html …

Really is the best option even though Browns fans are losing their minds about this. You have to stop the coaching carousel. They seem to forget when they hired Petine coaches were turning down interview offers from the Browns. Not exactly enticing free agents or draft prospects.

I know forcing a coach on a new GM isnt ideal but it is the Browns best option.

Top Bottom