• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 16 |OT| A Fraud Was Always a Legend

johnnyOL.0.gif

Lmao

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago
Playoff hopes hanging by a thread, #Colts QB situation is dire if Luck is out: Hasselbeck has a sprained AC joint, Whitehurst pulled a hammy

I cant even wrap myself in the Colts misery at this point. This is just sad.

Condensed for quality
jnc anytime it's to the Card's benefit I'm happy with you being right ;) Your writer was wrong though, we beat you by more than three scores ;)
Insane Cardinals statistic: The Cardinals have more touchdowns than punts this season (57 TDs, 54 punts)

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that last week. We had one more TD than punt before Packer game but now it look seven better ;p

Furyous

Cardinals, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!!!!! 13-2 with a bye week in the playoffs, baby!

You were right, EZ. Part of me still thought you were trolling me when you said we'd blow you out but jesus... I'm so damn proud of our defense even with the Packers OL decimated, the effort they put forth was tremendous. They truly took playing for the Badger to heart. Rashad Johnson was ruled out right before the game which surprised me and had me concerned as I was counting on his return making up for HB being out. Bethel was really tested yesterday and all things considered, he did extremely well. Rodgers really went after him in the redzone on one drive and he gave up nothing, the kid is now battle tested. Our secondary will only get better when Rashad returns, I can't wait! Meanwhile the DL had a sack party and it was the first time all season I actually felt that we could get to the QB on every play. 9 sacks! 8 on Rodgers wooooo! Again, I know the Packer OL is trash but pass rush is not our forte so it felt good to exploit that. My favorite stat of the night:

The Cardinals had more sacks than the Packers had points

The D just curb stomped them and claimed their soul scoring more points than their offense.

As for offense, I was pleased to see Palmer throw accurately and fine with the injured finger. Although Arians stated he threw well on Thur and Fri, there were rumors going around that it was worse than the FO was letting out and his accuracy might suffer. Thankfully that wasn't the case. David Johnson continues to be a stud and should get a serious nod at OROTY considering he has 13 TDs with limited playing time compared to the other candidates. He nearly had 100 yards receiving...at RB! Granted, 44 came off one big play. It was nice to see Fitz finally get a TD again and he matched his career record of 103 receptions for the season so he should easily beat that next week unless we rest him. Floyd had another 100+ yd performance, John Brown another TD...there's just no stopping this offense. We have too many weapons, how do you even scheme against us?

At this point I flat out feel we are honestly the best team in the NFL. Does anyone want to argue that point? FMT? Squicken? Still think we aren't contenders because Honey Badger went down, Squicken? Like I said before, I'm not afraid of a single team in the league and don't care who we play in the playoffs. We are the better team no matter who we play and the only team that can beat us are ourselves. Most importantly of all, we are red hot and peaking at the right time, bring on the playoffs! Everyone was talking about how tough our second half of the season was (myself included) but we are a perfect 7-0 during it and on a 9 game win streak over all. Let's keep this train going all the way through Santa Clara! Chooo choooooooo!

Alright, homer bias aside, I'm just so happy about how well we're playing and that we have such a great opportunity to go the distance. It feels surreal genuinely believing the Cards are the best team in the league. I really hope we keep it up.

Go Cardinals!

If we win a playoff game I'm going Ray J on the Breakfast Club level of fuckery in here. The Packers offensive line sucked because WE GREAT. This 13-2 life is so good as everything tastes better. The temperature is warmer. Dogs saluting me like I'm Big Boss. Playoffs need to hurry up and get here. What are the odds we rest any of our starters at some point?

Cardinals, biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch!!!!! 13-2 with a bye week in the playoffs, baby!

You were right, EZ. Part of me still thought you were trolling me when you said we'd blow you out but jesus... I'm so damn proud of our defense even with the Packers OL decimated, the effort they put forth was tremendous. They truly took playing for the Badger to heart. Rashad Johnson was ruled out right before the game which surprised me and had me concerned as I was counting on his return making up for HB being out. Bethel was really tested yesterday and all things considered, he did extremely well. Rodgers really went after him in the redzone on one drive and he gave up nothing, the kid is now battle tested. Our secondary will only get better when Rashad returns, I can't wait! Meanwhile the DL had a sack party and it was the first time all season I actually felt that we could get to the QB on every play. 9 sacks! 8 on Rodgers wooooo! Again, I know the Packer OL is trash but pass rush is not our forte so it felt good to exploit that. My favorite stat of the night:

The Cardinals had more sacks than the Packers had points

The D just curb stomped them and claimed their soul scoring more points than their offense.

As for offense, I was pleased to see Palmer throw accurately and fine with the injured finger. Although Arians stated he threw well on Thur and Fri, there were rumors going around that it was worse than the FO was letting out and his accuracy might suffer. Thankfully that wasn't the case. David Johnson continues to be a stud and should get a serious nod at OROTY considering he has 13 TDs with limited playing time compared to the other candidates. He nearly had 100 yards receiving...at RB! Granted, 44 came off one big play. It was nice to see Fitz finally get a TD again and he matched his career record of 103 receptions for the season so he should easily beat that next week unless we rest him. Floyd had another 100+ yd performance, John Brown another TD...there's just no stopping this offense. We have too many weapons, how do you even scheme against us?

At this point I flat out feel we are honestly the best team in the NFL. Does anyone want to argue that point? FMT? Squicken? Still think we aren't contenders because Honey Badger went down, Squicken? Like I said before, I'm not afraid of a single team in the league and don't care who we play in the playoffs. We are the better team no matter who we play and the only team that can beat us are ourselves. Most importantly of all, we are red hot and peaking at the right time, bring on the playoffs! Everyone was talking about how tough our second half of the season was (myself included) but we are a perfect 7-0 during it and on a 9 game win streak over all. Let's keep this train going all the way through Santa Clara! Chooo choooooooo!

Alright, homer bias aside, I'm just so happy about how well we're playing and that we have such a great opportunity to go the distance. It feels surreal genuinely believing the Cards are the best team in the league. I really hope we keep it up.

Go Cardinals!

You and the Panthers are my two SB picks, whichever one of you makes it I'm rooting for. Good luck to you friend!

If we win a playoff game I'm going Ray J on the Breakfast Club level of fuckery in here. The Packers offensive line sucked because WE GREAT. This 13-2 life is so good as everything tastes better. The temperature is warmer. Dogs saluting me like I'm Big Boss. Playoffs need to hurry up and get here. What are the odds we rest any of our starters at some point?

ARI still playing for that number 1, both Carolina and Arizona games are 4:25 next week... so if Carolina is up by double digits on Tampa Bay, I think Arizona will rest the starters in the second half. if Carolina is down, then I think Arizona will still field their best players.

Arians said we might rest 4-5 starters but definitely not 9-10. Personally I'd rather we not rest our starters because we already have a bye and two weeks off when you're this hot is a long time. I'd be cool with Arians treating the chicken game like it's a pre-season game and only having our starters play a few series or maybe half the game. If Arians wants to go for blood though and get win 14 I'm cool with that. If we rest anyone I'd think it'd be guys coming off injury like Rashad and then Palmer and Fitz, maybe Peterson. It's going to be interesting to see what Arians does and the NFL already flexed the Panther game to the same time as ours to try and motivate us to play to win.

In order for the Colts to make the playoffs, the following must happen

Tonight:
Broncos def Bengals

Next week:
Jaguars def Texans
Colts def Titans
Ravens def Bengals
Bills def Jets
Falcons def Saints
Broncos def Chargers
Dolphins def Patriots
Steelers def Browns
Raiders def Chiefs

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Steelers Depot ‏@Steelersdepot 4h4 hours ago

last 3 games, Ben Roethlisberger 6 of 20 (131yds) with 4 INts, 1 TDs on balls thrown more than 15 yards past LOS #Steelers

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Tonight:
Broncos def Bengals

Next week:
Jaguars def Texans
Colts def Titans
Ravens def Bengals
Bills def Jets
Falcons def Saints
Broncos def Chargers
Dolphins def Patriots
Steelers def Browns
Raiders def Chiefs

I'm actually surprised they even have a chance.

Line_HTX

"I fully support Peyton. My friendship with him over the years, he’s a guy that I can always count on, and has been someone that’s always been so supportive of me," Brady said. "We’ll have lifelong friendships. Truthfully I don’t put much into anything. I have a lot of friends, I have a lot of support, and he is the same. I’m a big fan and supporter of his. That’s how I really feel about everything.

"He's a big boy. He knows how to handle these things."

Milchjon

"I fully support Peyton. My friendship with him over the years, he’s a guy that I can always count on, and has been someone that’s always been so supportive of me," Brady said. "We’ll have lifelong friendships. Truthfully I don’t put much into anything. I have a lot of friends, I have a lot of support, and he is the same. I’m a big fan and supporter of his. That’s how I really feel about everything.

"He's a big boy. He knows how to handle these things."

Dammit.

This is worse than his Trump love. Dega, explode!

The Onion wrote a report on bionic! It sounds pretty accurate!

http://www.theonion.com/article/55-year-old-guy-dominating-ymca-pickup-basketball--50813?

Line_HTX

Tonight:
Broncos def Bengals

Next week:
Jaguars def Texans
Colts def Titans
Ravens def Bengals
Bills def Jets
Falcons def Saints
Broncos def Chargers
Dolphins def Patriots
Steelers def Browns
Raiders def Chiefs

If the Ravens and the Dolphins somehow win, I swear....

squicken

On Saturday ray diddinger said that he heard from 2 different sources that the Texans are going to make a big push for Bradford. I really hope chip uses the franchise tag on him this offseason if they can't work out a long term deal.

It makes so much sense. It's an iffy QB draft and there are no good FA QBs. Chip said they want him back but Chip lies a lot

eznark

Banned
I hope the NFL would veto the signing or force the Texans to trade Hopkins to a team that has a QB willing to throw downfield.

Top Bottom