• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 16 |OT| A Fraud Was Always a Legend

MechDX

Ravens to have history for starting 4 terrible qbs in 1 year. Flacco, Mallet, Clausen and Shoob

Texans 2014 QB's: Fitz, Mallett, Savage and Keenum 9-7 record
Texans 2015: Mallett, Hoyer, Yates and Weeden 9-7(likely?) Division Title

I think I was wrong calling out O'Brien. Guy seems to get everything he can out of players and gameplans to their strength. Get him a young stud QB to work with and see what happens. Or Brees for a couple years.....

Link

The Autumn Wind
Well, the Jets couldn't ask for a better situation against the Patriots today. If they aren't able to pull out the win, they don't deserve to make the playoffs anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing what dumb things they do to lose.

eznark

Banned
Also toradol shots.

Guy I used to work with would get those once a month for migraines. Pretty nefarious.

Pretty sure that also isn't banned, correct?

It's funny that if we are going to take this guy at his word then it exonerates Matthews from any actual juicing!

jakncoke

Banned
Texans 2014 QB's: Fitz, Mallett, Savage and Keenum 9-7 record
Texans 2015: Mallett, Hoyer, Yates and Weeden 9-7(likely?) Division Title

I think I was wrong calling out O'Brien. Guy seems to get everything he can out of players and gameplans to their strength. Get him a young stud QB to work with and see what happens. Or Brees for a couple years.....

I dont know what to believe you Texans fans seem to hype up all your starters like they are the next thing. WHAT TO BELIEVE!

MechDX

I dont know what to believe you Texans fans seem to hype up all your starters like they are the next thing. WHAT TO BELIEVE!

Its more joking and fooling yourself they are good. Only one I had hope for was Mallett and that bit me square in the ass.

They are all "not good" but the beneficiaries of great coaching. Savage still may have some upside

Fitz has also attributed a lot of his success this year in NY to what he learned from O'Brien

Colasante

I hope Troy Hill can get some playing time for the Patriots today, though he'll probably be inactive since he arrived so recently. After being mortified by the Patriots cornerback depth chart a few weeks ago when Rashaan Melvin was an injury away from starting, I like what they've built for the future.

I'd still like them to draft another corner next year, but right now they look set for the foreseeable future with Malcolm Butler (25 years old), Logan Ryan (24), Justin Coleman (22), Leonard Johnson (25), Troy Hill (24), and Darryl Roberts (25) on IR after being in position to start opposite Butler in preseason.

Colasante

Patriots inactives are out. Besides the obvious, Josh Kline is out, which isn't good at all, and Troy Hill is inactive, which was expected.

Steven Jackson and Chris Harper is active, and LaAdrian Waddle will be making his Patriots debut backing up Marcus Cannon at right tackle.

MechDX

#Texans BJ Daniels looks sharp. Warming up like he never missed a beat at QB. Wearing #2 today.

BJ Future!!

Dare I dream of my own personal Russell clone??

I like that Peyton hired Ari Fleischer as a spokesperson

Because if there's anybody you could get to make people believe a rich white man who absolutely fucked up, it's "Saddam has WMDs" Guy

Peyton could have announced he did it and he'd have looked less guilty than you do hiring Fleischer to defend your ass

He could have just retired after his worst game and last start ever. At least with dignity

Now he's having his rep, honesty, and legacy tarnished, and he'll be doomed to take a QB position in Cleve or front office position in Tennessee. Fates much worse, and more deserved

Tom Penny

No HGH testing Manning throws 50 TD's with no neck.
HGH testing this year. Manning is hot garbage.

Thus are the mysteries of the world.

Hindl

Watched the Eagles game at my hometown bar. That was an interesting experience. Especially when Murray fumbled the pitch that was returned for a TD. Really remembered that south jersey has it's fair share of racists there. But that game was really similar to the Cardinals actually. Played alright but not great in the first half, and then a key play completely changed the game and we got blown out in the second. Oh well, with our depleted secondary and constant mistakes on offense, couldn't really expect a win. GG skins gaf enjoy the hawks.

Overall thoughts:
- Fire Bill Davis
- Bradford's coming back next year. He looks better in the pocket, and without a run game, a WR core worth a shit, or an O Line, he's been performing admirably. He isn't a world class QB, but he's done well enough and has some potential. I think we can ride out a few years with him as we build up the rest of the offense.
- Fire Bill Davis
- One of the few positives recently has been the growth of Zach Ertz. He's still nowhere near the top TEs in the game, but he's becoming a reliable target for Bradford to throw to, and I'm excited to see his improvement.
- That Murray fumble was shit and bad timing, because in the previous drive he showed glimpses of what we brought him for: fighting for yards after contact, like on his TD and the 3rd and short earlier that drive.
- Fire Bill Davis.

Chip's gonna have a hell of an offseason, especially with Hard Knocks possibly coming. Seems like parts of the team and half the fanbase has turned against him, which isn't too shocking given how Philly fans are. This season was a colossal disappointment, and we have many glaring holes before we're a playoff team. I still have faith in Chip though, because there are some good pieces amidst the shit. Hopefully this humbles him, and he realizes that you can't scheme your way out of a game when you traded away top talent. FA should be interesting, because I'm curious who would even want to come play here. Though again, if Bill Davis is still the DC come September, I've already given up on 2016. On to the offseason, congrats Scooter and the others in Skins-GAF. Go Birds

jakncoke

Banned
Watched the Eagles game at my hometown bar. That was an interesting experience. Especially when Murray fumbled the pitch that was returned for a TD. Really remembered that south jersey has it's fair share of racists there. But that game was really similar to the Cardinals actually. Played alright but not great in the first half, and then a key play completely changed the game and we got blown out in the second. Oh well, with our depleted secondary and constant mistakes on offense, couldn't really expect a win. GG skins gaf enjoy the hawks.

Overall thoughts:
- Fire Bill Davis
- Bradford's coming back next year. He looks better in the pocket, and without a run game, a WR core worth a shit, or an O Line, he's been performing admirably. He isn't a world class QB, but he's done well enough and has some potential. I think we can ride out a few years with him as we build up the rest of the offense.
- Fire Bill Davis
- One of the few positives recently has been the growth of Zach Ertz. He's still nowhere near the top TEs in the game, but he's becoming a reliable target for Bradford to throw to, and I'm excited to see his improvement.
- That Murray fumble was shit and bad timing, because in the previous drive he showed glimpses of what we brought him for: fighting for yards after contact, like on his TD and the 3rd and short earlier that drive.
- Fire Bill Davis.

Chip's gonna have a hell of an offseason, especially with Hard Knocks possibly coming. Seems like parts of the team and half the fanbase has turned against him, which isn't too shocking given how Philly fans are. This season was a colossal disappointment, and we have many glaring holes before we're a playoff team. I still have faith in Chip though, because there are some good pieces amidst the shit. Hopefully this humbles him, and he realizes that you can't scheme your way out of a game when you traded away top talent. FA should be interesting, because I'm curious who would even want to come play here. Though again, if Bill Davis is still the DC come September, I've already given up on 2016. On to the offseason, congrats Scooter and the others in Skins-GAF. Go Birds

You'll still have Sam Bradford as your starting qb though

Top Bottom