• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 16 |OT| A Fraud Was Always a Legend

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 50m50 minutes ago
Internally with the #Saints, there is still frustration that Drew Brees maximized his contract last time. They feel it caused depth issues.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 51m51 minutes ago
What about #Saints QB Drew Brees, who has a $30M cap figure in 2016? I'm told he has to take a hometown discount to return.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 53m53 minutes ago
Asked people close to Sean Payton if #Saints coach will move on. "Never say never." Execs believe he's searching for a landing spot in case

All coming together.

RBH

Buncha smart guys ITT. So, to my non-medical ass the side effects seem relatively minor. Like, you wouldn't want to go out of your way for joint paint and prickling sensations in your dick (Mech excluded of course) but for the potential upsides to the pros, it makes sense. Steroids always seemed like a losing proposition. HGH seems, well, worth the risk if you're making millions for staying healthy.

The clinical evidence of these "potential upsides" in regards to improved sports performance is still basically nil after multiple clinical trials over the years. There's more of a consensus as far as certain effects for sure (increased lean mass, decreased fat), but those particular factors still haven't led to an appreciable difference in athletic performance (save for that Australia study, and even that study only seemed to show benefit for sprinters in particular and not any other sports). And an increased risk of diabetes and HTN (albeit with long-term use) are not minor effects either.

Why is does Peyton have an ex-WH Press Secretary on his payroll? And it is a little weird that he is admitting his wife is a client. Pretty clever on the denial. There's no way to prove anything b/c it would involve getting her medical records to confirm or refute

Still don't care. I think we might all be on HGH in 10 years. Concussion water and Brady's Salary Cap Skirting Colonic Clinic are worse
The NFL is ok with the clinic.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The clinical evidence of these "potential upsides" in regards to improved sports performance is still basically nil after multiple clinical trials over the years. There's more of a consensus as far as certain effects for sure (increased lean mass, decreased fat), but those particular factors still haven't led to an appreciable difference in athletic performance (save for that Australia study, and even that study only seemed to show benefit for sprinters in particular and not any other sports).

Interesting. So it's a myth that it decreases recovery time by 2-3 times?

Beach

How drunk are you that you think putting chips onto bread and then putting that into your mouth is "saving steps" when the alternative is just putting chips directly into your mouth?
I imagine it's the same as putting mozzarella sticks and french fries in a sub.

RBH

Interesting. So it's a myth that it decreases recovery time by 2-3 times?
At a physiologic level, hormones such as HGH do promote tissue healing and repair, but the extent to which is not really defined right now. "2-3 times" is definitely not proven as of yet from a large scale clinical trial.

Godslay

Banned
Looks like the source of this whole HGH thing is recanting his story.

PM is also doing an sit down with Lisa Salters today at 11 est on NFL Sunday Countdown.

Curious to see how all this pans out.

MechDX

temp_1MP9002--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

BJ!! <3<3<3

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I'll put chips or pretzels on my sandwich as I'm eating it because I like the texture.

Also WebMD sounds really skeptical of HGH...like it's basically Russell's recovery water.

Tabris

Tom Brady and Bill Bellichek are paying Al Jazeera to discredit the greatest football player of all time because Tom Brady is a cheating bitch and wanted everyone to think someone else cheats like him.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
If you're gonna tank, starting Mallett is a good start.

Not looking forward to the live execution of the Packers today as well as all of my dreams but it can't be helped.

I'm thinking 45-14.

Godslay

Banned
If you're gonna tank, starting Mallett is a good start.

He's signed for next year. Instead of drafting a replacement in case Flacco goes down, they're looking to roll with Backup Mallett in 2016

So just in case Bills fans ever get fucking sick of Tyrod. Know it can be so much worse without him

Fuck

Top Bottom