• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 16 |OT| A Fraud Was Always a Legend

squicken

Re-watching Eagles game (b/c I hate myself), and I just don't get the defense. Alonso is flanked out wide on a back. They don't blitz. There's nothing they do that might possibly offset this obvious liability. It's just WAS getting the Eagles into a formation that Cousins can easily exploit

It's the same on pretty much every Reed catch. Either Kendricks or Alonso are trying to cover him man to man, total isolation, Reed can run any route he wants, no blitz. Deep safety is shading to one side or the other to help with outside WRs.

At some point don't they just have to give up all the Man Free and play more zone?
They don't
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Discussed #Bills GM situation on @NFLGameDay: I'm told Doug Whaley is on very solid ground. Better chance he gets an extension than fired.

The #Bills look at the improvements GM Doug Whaley has made in his tenure & Rex Ryan works well with him. The Pegulas are fans, too.

On #Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff, owner Arthur Blank will sit down after 2015 & hear his plan. No decision yet, but Dimitroff could stay.

#Falcons coaches believe there is a talent deficiency on the roster. No one disputes that. But don't assume Thomas Dimitroff takes the fall

Not sure why Whaley would be fired. Good talent on the Bills. As far as ATL, man that is dysfunction.

eznark

Banned
No Name bowls Ez.. See No Name bowls.

The game usually doesn't fail to be a good game. And on paper, that could be a good game.

Do people really watch bowls based on the name or history of the bowl? Like...what does any of that have to do with the matchup? Especially since the Outback Bowl is a "set" bowl right? It's always SEC v. Big Ten, so it's not like the organizers can get creative.

Peyton sending him a lot of free pizzas for this video

lol, mission accomplished al jazeera

squicken

Why is does Peyton have an ex-WH Press Secretary on his payroll? And it is a little weird that he is admitting his wife is a client. Pretty clever on the denial. There's no way to prove anything b/c it would involve getting her medical records to confirm or refute

Still don't care. I think we might all be on HGH in 10 years. Concussion water and Brady's Salary Cap Skirting Colonic Clinic are worse

RBH

Hello friends!

Let's see what news greets me on this Sunday morning!

On #Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff, owner Arthur Blank will sit down after 2015 & hear his plan. No decision yet, but Dimitroff could stay.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/681101712992505856

#Falcons coaches believe there is a talent deficiency on the roster. No one disputes that. But don't assume Thomas Dimitroff takes the fall
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/681101884518617093

Michael-Scott-angry-stare-at-toby.gif

eznark

Banned
Why is does Peyton have an ex-WH Press Secretary on his payroll? And it is a little weird that he is admitting his wife is a client. Pretty clever on the denial. There's no way to prove anything b/c it would involve getting her medical records to confirm or refute

Still don't care. I think we might all be on HGH in 10 years. Concussion water and Brady's Salary Cap Skirting Colonic Clinic are worse

Because he can afford him.

Do people really watch bowls based on the name or history of the bowl? Like...what does any of that have to do with the matchup? Especially since the Outback Bowl is a "set" bowl right? It's always SEC v. Big Ten, so it's not like the organizers can get creative

Yeah, but it's been entertaining and a good game for years..
Last year's was entertaining with some team in Madison vs Auburn
Previous years was LSU vs Iowa and was entertaining.
Year before last was Michigan vs South Carolina and was close and entertaining
2012 was Georgia vs Michigan State..

And all the games mentioned above, the winner won by 7 or less.

it's a pretty decent bowl matchup and entertaining and I use the "no name" moniker because some people usually watch the Rose, sugar, orange, etc and ignore the others.

eznark

Banned
I know, but are you implying that since Wisconsin - Auburn was entertaining it is more likely that a year later Northwestern - Tennessee will be as well? That's just so weird.

It's like saying "hey, MNF on week 16 was great last year so surely it will be great this year!"

Stunning to me that the Colts offense got less aggressive with a 40 year old Matt Hasselbeck at the helm. Really could never have expected that.....

squicken

I'm not too broken up about the dinking and dunking w/Matt. He's been pummeled throwing short, so I'm not sure how exposing him to more hits would have made things better. They had no margin for error, and trying to win games they way they did his first couple games made sense

They lost in the offseason. Same as the Eagles. Two most disappointing teams this year. Not surprisingly both teams need massive overhauls on their offensive lines

eznark

Banned
I'm not too broken up about the dinking and dunking w/Matt. He's been pummeled throwing short, so I'm not sure how exposing him to more hits would have made things better. They had no margin for error, and trying to win games they way they did his first couple games made sense

They lost in the offseason. Same as the Eagles. Two most disappointing teams this year. Not surprisingly both teams need massive overhauls on their offensive lines

Colts drives are averaging two fewer seconds, the same number of plays, and 4 fewer yards compared to 2014.

The Colts pace of play hasn't changed even slightly. The big difference is that NY/A is down 25%. which is obviously a function of Hasselbeck. Nothing in Chud's history suggests he'd prefer dinking and dunking to stretching the field.

Bad reporting is bad.

bionic77

Guys this is really the best year ever.

Steelers making the playoffs and have the best offense in the league.

Star Wars comes back from the dead to make us all happy again.

And best of all, Tabris is leaving the Americas!

Celebrate and thank whichever Gods you believe in!

Narag

Tabris announcing he's leaving North America the day the Manning HGH story is going to drop?

Coincidence or does he have something to hide??

squicken

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Internally with the #Saints, there is still frustration that Drew Brees maximized his contract last time. They feel it caused depth issues.

lol man I love the offseason. Throwing shade on Brees? Only dollar guy there earning his money

Celebrate and thank whichever Gods you believe in!

This is the worst.gif

Jarate

Banned
Marijuana has no recovery benefits that I'm aware of. Aren't all medical applications essentially as a pain killer?
Some strains prevent seizures, it can also help with people with weakened stomachs who have stomach aches and lose appetite

One of the reasons cancer patients use it is to give them an appetite after chemo

eznark

Banned
Some strains prevent seizures, it can also help with people with weakened stomachs who have stomach aches and lose appetite

One of the reasons cancer patients use it is to give them an appetite after chemo

So that's a no on use as recovery from injury then.

eznark

Banned
Bro it helps people recover from the effects of chemo which literally injures your body

But it mostly exists to stop bogus prescriptions for steroids and shit

I wonder if any company anywhere ever has fired an employee undergoing chemotherapy for failing a drug test for marijuana.

Jarate

Banned
Isn't the sports problem with HGH is that it also lets guys recover more quickly from lifting weights?

That's steroids

HGH is a hormone that's mostly used on kids with pituatary issues or those with muscle devolving conditions. It promotes muscle growth like a testosterone injection would

All you needed was the first line and the last line hallelujah.mp4

ampere

I don't really care if PeyPey did take HGH for injury recovery. You know those dudes are taking whatever legal shit they can find even if the effects are really similar to banned stuff

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
So, what are the negative effects of HGH? Physically? Obviously, for sports cheating ruins the entire point. But why not give say, soldiers HGH? Are we trying to fight fair?

Jarate

Banned
So, what are the negative effects of HGH? Physically? Obviously, for sports cheating ruins the entire point. But why not give say, soldiers HGH? Are we trying to fight fair?
Its a hormone, so it will fuck with how you act

HGH will cause over aggression and anger. Just imagine an army of Guidos

Hell, I'll say it

I'm glad Peyton's legacy is ruined

I'm a Pats fan, but I'm not.

I generally like Peyton Manning outside of the "... You taste so good" ads. It helps that he's almost always lost to the Patriots when it matters... If he had dominated New England for the last 15 years, like how Belichick & Brady dominated his teams, then I'd feel differently.

ampere

WebMD says

Possible side effects of HGH use include:

Nerve, muscle, or joint pain
Swelling due to fluid in the body's tissues (edema)
Carpal tunnel syndrome
Numbness and tingling of the skin
High cholesterol levels
HGH can also increase the risk of diabetes and contribute to the growth of cancerous tumors.

eznark

Banned
Its a hormone, so it will fuck with how you act

HGH will cause over aggression and anger. Just imagine an army of Guidos

Not seeing much evidence that this is true.

Currently the biggest issues seem to be joint swelling, high cholesterol and an increased chance of diabetes.

RBH

Paresthesias, worsening of glucose tolerance, fluid retention, joint pain, increased fatigue, among others. No reason to prescribe it when it's not clinically indicated. Too many variables as far as how people respond to it.

Yes it might cause increased lean mass and decreased fat, but there have been conflicting trials over the years in regards to whether it really improves athletic performance. There was an Australia study 4-5 years ago that showed "improved performance" for sprinters by slighting improving their times.

HGH is a legitimate medical treatment for some conditions... For years, the "HIV Cocktail" usually included HGH treatments, or people with failing pituitary glands. It was also common to be prescribed to kids in the 20th century who were "under developed" but that practice has almost universally stopped (from what I know) because of serious risks and developmental danger.

But it has serious risks and for "healthy" adults it would never be legitimately prescribed for someone who did not have a real ailment or condition.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Buncha smart guys ITT. So, to my non-medical ass the side effects seem relatively minor. Like, you wouldn't want to go out of your way for joint paint and prickling sensations in your dick (Mech excluded of course) but for the potential upsides to the pros, it makes sense. Steroids always seemed like a losing proposition. HGH seems, well, worth the risk if you're making millions for staying healthy.

Jarate

Banned
Buncha smart guys ITT. So, to my non-medical ass the side effects seem relatively minor. Like, you wouldn't want to go out of your way for joint paint and prickling sensations in your dick (Mech excluded of course) but for the potential upsides to the pros, it makes sense. Steroids always seemed like a losing proposition. HGH seems, well, worth the risk if you're making millions for staying healthy.
I'm in full support of NFL players taking
I don't care if its unethical, I want the biggest and strongest possible humans smashing into eachother

Top Bottom