• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 17 |OT| - A Fraud’s Road Ends

rando14

The Revolution in the NFC West? Yes PLS

Also, Dwayne Bowe a healthy scratch AGAIN

LINK_STOP_LAUGHING_MAH_BOI_by_Aethios.png

jakncoke

Banned
Ill coach the browns if they buy me a mansion on the west side, pay the taxes for life and have a annual salary of at least enough money to eat the best food and buy 25k in movies a year and booze. We can be better than the past failures!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions without our starting center, Travis Swanson, who was put on IR. We picked up someone to fill in this week so that'll be probably the main thing.

Going to be a tough divisional road game against the Bears with both Stafford and Cutler trying to finish off the year strong. Could possibly be a shootout but the line is -1 Lions going in.

Also in other news:

-Lions plan to retain Jim Caldwell and leave the decision of his job up to the new GM.

-Teryl Austin interviewed with the Cleveland Browns. Still the best coaching canidate out there IMO sans Sean Payton on the move, which isn't confirmed yet.

Really hope he stays but there are way to many jobs open and he's such a great defensive coach no way he's not a HC after almost landing the Falcons job last year.

MechDX

Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver 2m2 minutes ago
Among those who have reached out to express interest in a potential 49ers opening: Chip Kelly and Mike Shanahan. Others to come...

Wait....so these coaches are contacting the NIners?

Among those who have reached out to express interest in a potential 49ers opening: Chip Kelly and Mike Shanahan. Others to come...

Yep. Chip sounds like he wants to make sure anybody in the league wants him

harSon

Banned
Jason La Canfora ‏ @ JasonLaCanfora 51s 52 seconds ago
49ers thinking on Jim Tomsula began to change midweek with firing of Chip Kelly in Philly. Kelly under strong consideration in San Fran...

I didn't expect to have such a massive boner this early in the morning. But the prospect of the 49ers sucking for years to come has definitely done the trick.

Lions without our starting center, Travis Swanson, who was put on IR. We picked up someone to fill in this week so that'll be probably the main thing.

Going to be a tough divisional road game against the Bears with both Stafford and Cutler trying to finish off the year strong. Could possibly be a shootout but the line is -1 Lions going in.

Also in other news:

-Lions plan to retain Jim Caldwell and leave the decision of his job up to the new GM.

I got the Lions by 7, but it should be a damned good game. Lions/Bears love to beat on each other.

And yes, you are stuck with Caldwell. Unless whomever they hire as GM has balls of steel, that is.

Also in other news:

-Teryl Austin interviewed with the Cleveland Browns. Still the best coaching canidate out there IMO sans Sean Payton on the move, which isn't confirmed yet.

Really hope he stays but there are way to many jobs open and he's such a great defensive coach no way he's not a HC after almost landing the Falcons job last year.

Don't want to see Ausin leave. Hell if need be make him the Head Coach here.

Forget if it's true or not, I'll just never forget when Ditka completely dismissed Aljazeera as a outlet. Pretty much compared it to TMZ. I'm not even sure he had ever heard of Aljazeera before that day...

I guarantee he immediately thought "terrorists" when he first heard of them

The only thing Ditka's good for in life anymore is providing funny images where he's the only one to pick the Bears or some other shit team and they end up winning

Godslay

Banned

I'd be surprised if Shanahan came back to coach. He was on Denver radio basically saying that he didn't have those ambitions anymore.

That was back around the time Denver played the Packers, so things could have changed.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
CX0Dd19WwAAbreV.jpg

some of the better pesa spin has made

I'd be worried if he couldn't heat the oven to 425 and cook it for 11-13 minutes.

Then again he'd probably put in the cardboard tray underneath also

And that looks like it was cooked 5 minutes over. Spin pls

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I got the Lions by 7, but it should be a damned good game. Lions/Bears love to beat on each other.

And yes, you are stuck with Caldwell. Unless whomever they hire as GM has balls of steel, that is.

This is true, I just hope no one gets hurt on that shitty Soldier Field grass for both teams. Nothing to play for in terms of playoffs, but a tough, gritty rivalry.

And at this point I'd be content with Coach Caldwell getting one more shot with Coach Cooter (and hopefully) Coach Austin on defense. I'm not seeing many candidates out there and like I've said, say what you want about Coach Caldwell but this team did not give up on him and he kept the locker room intact.

We'll see what happens with today's game in terms of how it affects Coach Caldwell going forward. A tough, road win against the Bears will only help strengthen his case.

Spinluck

I'd be worried if he couldn't heat the oven to 425 and cook it for 11-13 minutes.

Then again he'd probably put in the cardboard tray underneath also

And that looks like it was cooked 5 minutes over. Spin pls

Cardboard is OK to put in the oven under 450 friend

It just hit me that this is likely the last game I'll watch with Tom Coughlin as the head coach of the NY Giants.

...sad day.:(

From Dan Graziano:

Giants coach Tom Coughlin's entire extended family is at today's game at MetLife Stadium against the Eagles. Sources say Coughlin was calling family members this week and asking if they'd come to the game, though he hadn't revealed his plans to them as of Saturday night. All 11 of Coughlin's grandchildren were on the field before the game in sweatshirts that read "Coughlin Crew." It seems likely this is Coughlin's final game as Giants coach after 12 years and two Super Bowl titles. Giants ownership is scheduled to meet Monday morning to discuss Coughlin's future and other matters relevant to the team's future, but it's possible Coughlin makes it easy on them and decides to resign.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Kas pls

Nobody cares about garbage time wins either. "Momentum into next season" is a bullshit concept. Teams go from last to first and first to last every year.

Cardboard is OK to put in the oven under 450 friend

What part of "place directly on center rack" had you confused?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Don't want to see Ausin leave. Hell if need be make him the Head Coach here.

Agreed, he's such a brilliant defensive coordinator. And, yeah ideally I'd promote him to Head Coach but that's probably not going to happen.

He deserves a shot to be successful somewhere, where he'll inevitably be IMO.

Guy has the Head Coach aura about him.

This is true, I just hope no one gets hurt on that shitty Soldier Field grass for both teams. Nothing to play for in terms of playoffs, but a tough, gritty rivalry.

And at this point I'd be content with Coach Caldwell getting one more shot with Coach Cooter (and hopefully) Coach Austin on defense. I'm not seeing many candidates out there and like I've said, say what you want about Coach Caldwell but this team did not give up on him and he kept the locker room intact.

We'll see what happens with today's game in terms of how it affects Coach Caldwell going forward. A tough, road win against the Bears will only help strengthen his case.

This so much. People want Caldwell gone but who the fuck is even out there?

*shrugs*

Tom Penny

I'm going to puke If I have had to witness the Celtics lose to the Lakers and Nets and the Pats lose to the Dolphins all in a week.

Top Bottom