• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 2 |OT| - A Fraud’s First Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints going to eliminate the whole of survival football if they somehow let the Buccaneers win. Definitely still picking them, because they're at home and holy shit are the Buccaneers routinely unprepared on defense.

I'd rather pick the Rams over the Saints in survival.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
DEN @ KC

NE @ BUF
TEN @ CLE
HOU @ CAR
ARI @ CHI- Upset of the week
SD @ CIN
DET @ MIN
TB @ NO
ATL @ NYG
SF @ PIT
STL @ WAS

BAL @ OAK
MIA @ JAC
DAL @ PHI

SEA @ GB

NYJ @ IND

The Vikings 3 point offense on Monday Night eased my mind going into this weekends road game. Still the whole game will be contingent on how hurt (if he's even hurt) Matthew Stafford is. We'll probably be without Darius Slay and DeAndre Levy on defense this week. Hopefully we get LaAdrian Waddle and Larry Warford back on the oline but I'm not counting on it.

There was no doubt Stafford got hurt on that helmet to helmet which led to an INT but he seemed to pick it up towards the end of the game.

During his weekly television appearance on Fox 2 Detroit, however, Stafford said, "I'll be good to go" this coming Sunday against Minnesota.

Stafford was hit as he was throwing in the third quarter by Melvin Ingram. The ball popped up, turning into an interception by Kyle Emanuel, but Ingram hit Stafford right on his elbow. Stafford also threw an interception on his next pass.

"It was a tough one. He got me good, kind of right on the tricep, elbow area," Stafford said on Fox 2 Detroit. "But I'll be good to go. I started feeling better towards the end of the game, and I'll be good to go."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...d-detroit-lions-says-ready-sunday-hurting-arm

DEN @ KC

NE @ BUF
TEN @ CLE
HOU @ CAR
ARI @ CHI- Upset of the week
SD @ CIN
DET @ MIN
TB @ NO
ATL @ NYG
SF @ PIT
STL @ WAS

BAL @ OAK
MIA @ JAC
DAL @ PHI

SEA @ GB

NYJ @ IND

The Vikings 3 point offense on Monday Night eased my mind going into this weekends road game. Still the whole game will be contingent on how hurt (if he's even hurt) Matthew Stafford is. We'll probably be without Darius Slay and DeAndre Levy on defense this week. Hopefully we get LaAdrian Waddle and Larry Warford back on the oline but I'm not counting on it.

There was no doubt Stafford got hurt on that helmet to helmet which led to an INT but he seemed to pick it up towards the end of the game.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...d-detroit-lions-says-ready-sunday-hurting-arm

Checkdown teddy doesn't have the arm to throw in the dangerously powerful winds of Santa clara. You need a man with a cannon arm (kap) to safely navigate.

Im not sure what the weather will be like in MN (they have outdoor stadium now right?) Bug if it is even mildly windy then the Lions will win

Gigglepoo

Checkdown teddy doesn't have the arm to throw in the dangerously powerful winds of Santa clara. You need a man with a cannon arm (kap) to safely navigate.

Im not sure what the weather will be like in MN (they have outdoor stadium now right?) Bug if it is even mildly windy then the Lions will win

Detroit seems like a good team to unleash AP against. I seem to remember a couple DTs leaving town.

KingBroly

Banned
DEN @ KC

NE @ BUF
TEN @ CLE
HOU @ CAR
ARI @ CHI
SD @ CIN
DET @ MIN
TB @ NO
ATL @ NYG
SF @ PIT
STL @ WAS

BAL @ OAK
MIA @ JAC
DAL @ PHI

SEA @ GB

NYJ @ IND

Milchjon

Playstation users have a slightly more pronounced mom fetish, with ‘mom’ and ‘milf’ nabbing the top two spots, followed by ‘step mom’ in at 9th place.

This explains the past few years on the Gaming side.

minx

SMH just because the Bears didn't get trounced by the Packers some local radio hosts and Homers on the forums are predicting a Bears win over the Cardinals. I will be at the game so I would love a win but I don't think it will be that close as we won't be able to run on the Cards like we did the Pack. 30-20 Cardinals.

squicken

Posted this towards the end of the old thread

http://espn.go.com/nfl/insider/stor...iego-chargers-overrated-week-2-power-rankings

Philadelphia Eagles

Power Rankings rank: 15

FPI rank: 5

Reason they're underrated: Special teams not predictive

In a game that FPI expected to be a tossup, the Eagles performed about as expected on the road against the Falcons. The main reason they lost was poor special-teams play; in addition to missing a potential game-winning field goal with 2:26 remaining, the Eagles were outplayed on punts and kickoffs.

Accounting for the context of each play, the Eagles' special teams cost the team 10.6 points, while their offense and defense each outplayed the Falcons. Of the three phases of the game, special teams is the least predictive from one game to the next, so going forward, the Eagles are predicted to be one of the top-five teams in the league.

Passing game notes

The short passing was game-plan specific and predicated on a Falcons defense that emphasized not getting beaten deep, Chip Kelly said Tuesday. So it would be premature to draw conclusions about the Eagles coach's plans for the season based upon one game.

"That's how they play coverage," Kelly said. "They're not going to let you get behind them. They're going to keep the ball in front of them. Look at the Super Bowl, that's what Tom Brady did all game to Seattle. You've got to throw the ball down and get the ball down the field."

Bradford completed just 15 of 27 passes (55.6 percent) before the break, but Josh Huff, Nelson Agholor and Ertz ran wrong routes on three passes and Ryan Mathews dropped the ball on a wheel route.

Only one of his passes traveled beyond 20 yards. While the Falcons' coverage played a part in the lack of throws downfield, that is remarkably low number of deep balls considering the number of pass attempts.

Bradford, meanwhile, wasn't so accurate on passes in between 10 and 20 yards. He completed 4 of 10 for 85 yards with an interception. He was most effective on throws of less than 10 yards over the middle (23 of 25 for 195 yards).

He took advantage of inside receivers like Matthews, Ertz and Darren Sproles who can garner yards after the catch. Two hundred and four of Bradford's 336 passing yards (60.7 percent) came after the catch. Last season, 47.9 percent of the Eagles' passing yards came after the catch.

One game isn't enough of a sample to say that the Eagles offense will look this way throughout the season. The running game deficiencies and early deficit played a large part in the pass-heavy play calling. But the skill sets of Bradford and his receivers suggest a passing offense that could resemble the Patriots.

The personnel have their obvious differences, but Kelly watched the Patriots squeak by the Seahawks in the Super Bowl just like everyone else. The Eagles are far off from remotely thinking about Seattle and the playoffs, but Bradford's performance in the second half was mostly a clinic on how to beat that kind of defense through the air.

Imagine if he had a running game.

Teddy's first game this year was a learning experience. I have full confidence he'll be back to being a top-20 QB by week 4. Top-15 by week 8.

Oh, and I joined the pick 'em league.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
You are really are the worst.

GWT02Al.gif

gutshot

Nice OP, Act.

Posted this towards the end of the old thread

Passing game notes

Thanks for reposting this. The dink and dunk stuff was effective at moving the ball, but I'm hoping they can attack downfield a bit more against other teams. The Eagles offense still has never looked as explosive and dynamic as it did in 2013 when they had a true deep threat. Hoping that Agholor can develop into that role.

Did some clown just compare them Falcons defense to tie Seahawks defense???

Hahahahahaha

You realize Dan Quinn was the Seahawks defensive coordinator for that game, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom