• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 2 |OT| - A Fraud’s First Steps

Status
Not open for further replies.

this_guy

Look at every recent champ and they all have at least one player who is considered a "bad person" "bad attitude" etc....

But by gosh by golly Texans have some good boys

Mallet has that edge. Did you see the way he yelled at the refs from the sidelines?

Morning fellas.

Nope.

mLobA5.gif

probably 7 or so years ago I was driving to campus and put the sun visor down... and a huge spider that was hiding underneath dropped down on a web right in front of my face just dangling there

I was leaning so far into the passenger seat while I drove until I found a place to pull into, hahaha

Holy shit. That's even scarier.

Erek Flowers is on the injury report this week for his ankle but he will practice today.

Rookie linebacker Uani Unga is also on the report for his knee and he will likely be limited.

Beason won't go. Neither will Cruz.

MechDX

Mallet has that edge. Did you see the way he yelled at the refs from the sidelines?

Morning fellas.

Another reason I believe he isn't getting a fair chance .He is a prototypical gun slinger. If a play goes bad he is going to take a risk. O'Brien doesn't like that. Someone posted at Texans Talk .com the story of Staubach. Landry didn't want to play him at first for the same reason: took too many chances. I think it was Bob Lilly who went to him and said to give him a chance and the rest is history.

Hoyer is just O'Briens bitch boy and is the safe choice. Basically do what he is told. He even comes off like a pussy in his interviews. "I want to be good and I'm sorry for my play"

....fuck you Brian

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Another reason I believe he isn't getting a fair chance .He is a prototypical gun slinger. If a play goes bad he is going to take a risk. O'Brien doesn't like that. Someone posted at Texans Talk .com the story of Staubach. Landry didn't want to play him at first for the same reason: took too many chances. I think it was Bob Lilly who went to him and said to give him a chance and the rest is history.

Hoyer is just O'Briens bitch boy and is the safe choice. Basically do what he is told. He even comes off like a pussy in his interviews. "I want to be good and I'm sorry for my play"

....fuck you Brian

You still going to Squickens house?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Look at every recent champ and they all have at least one player who is considered a "bad person" "bad attitude" etc....

But by gosh by golly Texans have some good boys

lol, so you've taken on the stereotypical sports talk radio caller "we don't have enough guys that do bad things off the field" trope.
No, what we don't have is a quarterback. You can have a team full of fucking thugs, but you still ain't going to win anything without an elite QB or a QB playing at an elite level in the playoffs.

Trey

Bills defensive players been talking a lot of good shit this week ahead of their match against the Patriots. Starting to feel like they're gonna get their back blown out.

Farooq

Banned

....fuck you Brian

Romo was the same way. Too indiscriminate. He needed a couple of years to develop.

Edit: I get the gunslinger argument. I remember a throw against Cleveland where Hopkins was bracketed but since the safety didn't have the proper depth, Mallett took his shot and completed the pass. Even still, he had great command of the offense that game in terms of line protections, hot reads, and knowing where to go with the ball.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Bills defensive players been talking a lot of good shit this week ahead of their match against the Patriots. Starting to feel like they're gonna get their back blown out.

Fans too. Come on guys, they won a game. Let's not act like beating the Colts in week Doesn't Even Matter is that big of a deal. It was a great win, but the defense was gassed in the second half and the offense wasn't doing much of shit. Bring that shit against Brady and Belichick and next week will be about "should the Patriots still be throwing when up 47 points in the 4th quarter?"

jmdajr

So Mallet is basically too gun slinger for him.

But what's the point have having a QB manager if the fool is getting sacked and throwing INTs.

MechDX

So Mallet is basically too gun slinger for him.

But what's the point have having a QB manager if the fool is getting sacked and throwing INTs.

O'Brien wants to prove he is right while micro managing everything

That or Hoyer has naked pics of him

THat's a shame I thought Unga looked good.
Aside from being heavily picked on in coverage by Romo during those last two drives (and it was pretty ugly), he played solid considering what he was asked to do. First game for what amounts to a second year player who's being asked to run the defense, make checks at the line and react against a veteran QB. The fact that he wasn't exposed earlier was a miracle.

Beason isn't going to cure our ills a inside linebacker in so far as coverage. He's slower than Unga. Nevermind that he can't get on the field.

Zeke

Looking the giants game breakdown. Claiborne played so good. He was on OBJ like glue that game. I'd like to optimistic but I'm not sure it was MO playing really good or the giants being inept.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Fans too. Come on guys, they won a game. Let's not act like beating the Colts in week Doesn't Even Matter is that big of a deal. It was a great win, but the defense was gassed in the second half and the offense wasn't doing much of shit. Bring that shit against Brady and Belichick and next week will be about "should the Patriots still be throwing when up 47 points in the 4th quarter?"

Rex always gameplans against Brady pretty well defensively. Will be interesting to see for sure.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Rex always gameplans against Brady pretty well defensively. Will be interesting to see for sure.

Oh, it's definitely the game of the week. And I love that the Bills have a spark. Go back through my posts, I've long bitched that they just looked and acted like a team that gave up.

That being said...it was week one, bros. Let's not get too erect.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Oh, it's definitely the game of the week. And I love that the Bills have a spark. Go back through my posts, I've long bitched that they just looked and acted like a team that gave up.

That being said...it was week one, bros. Let's not get too erect.

Agreed give it time and the Bills will right the ship back into misery as they always do.

@Darkest, Did you see Ians breakdown last night? Some good stuff...some not so good. Seems like our biggest issues were execution, the plays were there both on offense and defense but they failed to make them, so hopefully that get's shored up this week.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
The Bills winning the Owl would really just complete your shame circle wouldn't it?

Also that's a brutal email edit in your post.

Not yet. I still have to wait for the Blue Jays to do something to absolutely break me yet again.

Jarnet87

Why didn't the Bucs go after Jake Long. He'd be an improvement over what we have and would let Donovan Smith play at Right Tackle where he is more comfortable, the rookie is not ready to play LT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom