• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

eznark

Banned
No defensive player got between Rodgers and the line of scrimmage, which I think is the technical definition of "unabated to the quarterback"

I was surprised that play wasn't blown dead though.

It means the defensive player has a clear unblocked path to the qb, if that happens the play is called dead to prevent a hard hit on the qb. The poster was wrong though as the defensive player did not have a clear path to Rodgers .

if the defensive player enters the neutral zone causing an offensive lineman to move before the ball has snapped, it is offsides and the play is over.

if the defensive player enters the neutral zone and no offensive lineman moves, then the ball is snapped, it would be a free play

what i have continuously seen with erron/packers is that the rule isn't applied properly. does it ultimately matter? no, but neither do a lot of the rule applications in the league and they are still applied properly

if the defensive player enters the neutral zone causing an offensive lineman to move before the ball has snapped, it is offsides and the play is over.

if the defensive player enters the neutral zone and no offensive lineman moves, then the ball is snapped, it would be a free play

what i have continuously seen with erron/packers is that the rule isn't applied properly. does it ultimately matter? no, but neither do a lot of the rule applications in the league and they are still applied properly
You don't understand the NFL.

squicken

Why not go with Daniel? Alex tried that somewhat downfield throw; it floated badly and should have been picked off. He's not physically capable of making deep throws, and doesn't have Peyton's anticipation or WRs to get by with that

eznark

Banned

The ball was snapped though.

this_guy

Kansas city wide receivers: 0 receiving yards. Forget touchdowns.

The reason the play wasn't stopped on the offsides call is because the Chiefs player stopped and didn't have a clear path to the qb. They stop the play to protect the qb. If the defensive line jumps offsides against Rodgers they should keep running at him to force the refs to stop the play.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
man how awesome would it be to be Bostic today. What? you mean I got traded from the Bears to the Pats?

ShaneB

Dont do this. I want to hate you in the MLB thread

I only hate assholes. You seem alright. Jays/Royals series would be fun.

Why not go with Daniel? Alex tried that somewhat downfield throw; it floated badly and should have been picked off. He's not physically capable of making deep throws, and doesn't have Peyton's anticipation or WRs to get by with that

I'd be all for it. Chase was fun as hell in the preseason.

captive

the organization paid to represent officials, is defending an official. I for one, am shocked at this revelation.

Crisco

Banned
the organization paid to represent officials, is defending an official. I for one, am shocked at this revelation.

I dunno, you can pretty clearly see the last thing Hochuli said was "running". Who knows what he said before that, but Cam didn't react until the end. Really no motive for either party here but who knows, maybe Cam just heard wrong.

:jnc at people comparing Smith's performance to Kaep's

Kaep and Tomsula take risks. They're still dumb as shit, but Andy Reid and Alex Smith levels? Don't be mean

captive

I dunno, you can pretty clearly see the last thing Hochuli said was "running". Who knows what he said before that, but Cam didn't react until the end. Really no motive for either party here but who knows, maybe Cam just heard wrong.

I don't really care, I just like how they reported the NFLRA's statement, as if anyone would expect them to do anything different.

Jesus tap dancing Christ, Alex Smith 2/7.

Top Bottom