• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 3 |OT| - A Fraud Finds His League

Pepiope

Eagles fans so desperate to say anything besides "Chip sucks" they're inventing things like maybe the NFL solved this offensive scheme overnight.
The problem seems to be that his offense is simple. Good for our offense to learn, but better for the D to scheme against. This isn't the first time where the defense just knew the plays we were running.

Striker

DeMarco Murray's yards before contact is less than 1. That's Giants-esque.
Speaking of. I listened to Mike and Mike briefly this morning while pulling in the house, and they were bringing up Luck's running backs and how rare the Colts get 100-yard rushers.

I was thinking, how often have any Giants running backs gone over 100+ yards in the past, say, four years? I was thinking 2011 is when the GIants OL began its downfall and it has taken Reese two high draft choices and two expensive FA's to attempt to rebuild.

jmdajr

My wife dreamed she kissed JJ Watt...

ab00351bff5b0f346310fd34e09e9103c49bd8c1c882625e1df65c1c3a9d31b8.jpg

Beach

Browns fans, while looking at your team for the upcoming game, I remembered you guys signed Dwayne Bowe. Did the dude literally steal $9 million from the Browns?

BigAT

I've never heard of this website before, but apparently they spent a lot of money on advertising?

Darren Heitner ‏@DarrenHeitner
DraftKings has spent more than $130M on commercials in 2015 (per @LSPReport)

On an unrelated note, I totally forgot to sign up for fantasy football this year. It's a shame the season has already started and it's too late for me to sign up. If only there were another way.

DMczaf

So what you're saying is that DraftKings is the company version of their customers?

Spending crazy amounts of money on the hopes of a miracle jackpot.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I've never heard of this website before, but apparently they spent a lot of money on advertising?

On an unrelated note, I totally forgot to sign up for fantasy football this year. It's a shame the season has already started and it's too late for me to sign up. If only there were another way.
You can go to fanduel.com. They'll match your first deposit of up to $200!

Guy from football outsiders calculated a strength of schedule from here on out table:

3CcVJ9N.png

Teams near the top have it the hardest (e.g., Cleveland has the hardest schedule from here on out)

You can go to fanduel.com. They'll match your first deposit of up to $200!

Be sure to use Promo Code GAF to match your first deposit up to $200. That's Promo Code GAF.

Drakeon

Guy from football outsiders calculated a strength of schedule from here on out table:

3CcVJ9N.png

Teams near the top have it the hardest (e.g., Cleveland has the hardest schedule from here on out)

Be sure to use Promo Code GAF to match your first deposit up to $200. That's Promo Code GAF.

Oh good, we have the 2nd hardest schedule. Great. Awesome. Who wants to finish higher than 6-10 anyways?

Trey

only 130 million? they have a commercial or two on literally every break during a game, and commercials on sports center all throughout the week.

only 130 million? they have a commercial or two on literally every break during a game, and commercials on sports center all throughout the week.

They also basically bought Matthew Berry's existence.

Matt cashed out the last shred of semi-journalistic credibility he had and now all of his columns are pretty much written DraftKings ads.

Oh good, we have the 2nd hardest schedule. Great. Awesome. Who wants to finish higher than 6-10 anyways?

Have you ever heard of FAN DUEL DOT COM? Your season may be over, but it's a new season every Sunday on FAN DUEL DOT COM, with one day fantasy football you're never out of the championship. Be sure to use promo code SALT when you sign up to match your first deposit up to $200. That's promo code SALT.

sorry

BigAT

Forming SoS based off of two weeks of results seems ridiculous. Remember when the Cardinals started out 4-0 and then ended the 5-11?

Don't worry, they will Crack down on it with regulations soon enough. Much like online poker, it just takes them a while to catch up.

Washington state and Arizona have already banned them. The sports radio in vegas complains about daliy fantasy every single day. It is funny cause the station runs ads for it and then the on air guys say the government needs to outlaw it.

Don't worry, they will Crack down on it with regulations soon enough. Much like online poker, it just takes them a while to catch up.

I hope not. Thing with Online Fantasy football is that betting on fantasy football is legal in (as far as I know) every state, but betting on poker isn't legal in most states.

I find the commercials really irritating, but I don't think there's any reason to ban it if people enjoy it. I also don't think Online poker should be banned either.

The gov't will just want a bigger discretionary cut of the profits. In MA, when they cracked down on online poker it's because there wasn't any mechanism to enable the state the profit off of online poker... Poker was banned in the state, so they couldn't turn around and generate revenue from it. DraftKings, on the other hand, is one of the most profitable startups in Boston (I think #2, just behind HubSpot) and the state gets their cut from their revenue and from the winnings that people pay taxes on... So I think the state's revenue appetite should be sated.

I hope they don't shut it down though, no reason to, even though the ads are annoying. Maura Healy, AG in MA, mentioned how the odds of winning are less than 30% for these tournaments... and it's like... Well, the odds of winning in the Massachusetts state lottery is much lower than that. So... seems like a weird thing to focus on.

At least if the Giants lose, I'll get over being pissed off by the time the weekend hits. Though I believe the Giants win tonight. 27-17 is my prediction.

I know the East is shit but this is pretty much as "must win" as it gets.

Crisco

Banned
Changed the rear brake pads on my SUV. Shop wanted $109, it cost me $27 (for the pads) plus an hour and a half of playing with hand tools.

Top Bottom