• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

DMczaf

0ap3000000554729.jpg

lions-banner.jpg

I still can't believe Barry carried that sorry ass franchise to 6 playoff berths in a decade.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Stafford benched lmao

Lions should move on and draft Goff

He can throw 5 INTs for a fraction of the cost

Stafford is still owed money through next year so I doubt we cut him. If we do draft a QB (which I doubt) he can sit 4 years or so under Stafford and learn the craft like Green Bay did with the Favre-Rodgers transition.

Or we can trade Stafford to the Texans so that franchise can finally get the QB it deserves and Lions fans realize how much we'll miss Stafford.

Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, Andy Dalton, Eli Manning, Alex Smith, Phillip Rivers and a few other starting QBs have had bad seasons or their teams had bad seasons where the fanbase called for new QBs. Stafford is more physically gifted than all the QBs I listed so I don't think you give up on him yet.

We'll see what happens though but I know he can prosper elsewhere. Though I have no doubt at this point we have to trade Megatron, get some picks and get him on a winning AFC franchise.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Kastrioti said:
Stafford is still owed money through next year so I doubt we cut him. If we do draft a QB (which I doubt) he can sit 4 years or so under Stafford and learn the craft like Green Bay did with the Favre-Rodgers transition.

This is false. All guaranteed money is paid.

Lions only have $11 million cap hit for Stafford if they cut him next year.

Hello, Goff!

I love watching the Cleveland local news stations after the Browns manage to win. Statements like "This game was actually fun" get used. Because, if you're a Browns fan you know, in your heart of hearts, football isn't fun. Football is pain, suffering and disappointment.

Jimmy Donavan will be so happy tomorrow.

Enjoy it Adam.

OSU won
Cleveland
The Bungles won
Toledo won
My fantasy team is winning.

Everything is coming up Milhouse

I teased the fuck out of the Lions game and im still gona lose on what would have been a big parlay winner

god what a fucking cesspool of a football team

Bowser

Or we can trade Stafford to the Texans so that franchise can finally get the QB it deserves and Lions fans realize how much we'll miss Stafford.

Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, Andy Dalton, Eli Manning, Alex Smith, Phillip Rivers and a few other starting QBs have had bad seasons or their teams had bad seasons where the fanbase called for new QBs. Stafford is more physically gifted than all the QBs I listed so I don't think you give up on him yet.

We'll see what happens though but I know he can prosper elsewhere. Though I have no doubt at this point we have to trade Megatron, get some picks and get him on a winning AFC franchise.

If the Lions cut Stafford in the offseason they would save $17m against the cap. $22.5m cap figure, $5.5m in dead money if cut.

edit: that's if Stafford is designated a post-June 1 cut.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
This is false. All guaranteed money is paid.

Lions only have $11 million cap hit for Stafford if they cut him next year.

Hello, Goff!

$11 Million is still a pretty big cap hit. Jay Cutler, IIRC, has a cap hit of $16.5 Million and the Bears still didn't get rid of him even though he's older than Stafford and has had generally far bigger problems in Chicago with the fanbase, coaching staff and teammates.

good lord how is dan orlosvky the best backup you can find

like what the fuck--there are too many middling QB's out there to have him as your backup

Top Bottom