• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

Line_HTX

Stafford is still owed money through next year so I doubt we cut him. If we do draft a QB (which I doubt) he can sit 4 years or so under Stafford and learn the craft like Green Bay did with the Favre-Rodgers transition.

Or we can trade Stafford to the Texans so that franchise can finally get the QB it deserves and Lions fans realize how much we'll miss Stafford.

Carson Palmer, Tony Romo, Andy Dalton, Eli Manning, Alex Smith, Phillip Rivers and a few other starting QBs have had bad seasons or their teams had bad seasons where the fanbase called for new QBs. Stafford is more physically gifted than all the QBs I listed so I don't think you give up on him yet.

We'll see what happens though but I know he can prosper elsewhere. Though I have no doubt at this point we have to trade Megatron, get some picks and get him on a winning AFC franchise.

HELL FUCKING NO, I DO NOT WANT STAFFORD HERE!!

Spinluck

Palmer throwing only 14 times? 3 TDs and over 150 yards. Arians got that shit running like a well oiled machine. Had no idea that Palmer still had it in him, playing really well.

A Good Point

@Adam_Klug
If Matt Stafford can be benched for Dan Orlovsky, then Colin Kaepernick can absolutely be benched for Blaine Gabbert.
They won't bench Kap, the problem is they still probably think they can save the season, they need to lose every game from now until week 17 so we can draft Goff, throw Kap to the trash heap.

What else is there to say? This offense is broken. Stafford is not good. The offensive line cannot run the scheme. Honestly the defense isn't even bad. You can't expect them to do much when the offense is turning the ball over in their own territory.

cashman

Banned
I'm guessing Sanders is on your fantasy team?

Seriously though, the shots to the endzone have been seemingly few and far between in the redzone. Problem is, most teams know they are going to throw, so in the redzone just fake the dog or the blitz, let them fall back and cover. Easy pickings without a run threat.

lol, this is how I do all of my football analysis now.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
$11 Million is still a pretty big cap hit. Jay Cutler, IIRC, has a cap hit of $16.5 Million and the Bears still didn't get rid of him even though he's older than Stafford and has had generally far bigger problems in Chicago with the fanbase, coaching staff and teammates.

Cutler has won a playoff game tho

MechDX

12-4 ceiling with Mallett I hear.

Glass houses, douchebag QBs, Sandy vagina coaches, etc.....So how is that finally winning the AFCE thing coming along?

Also nice how you conveniently forget I said "anywhere from 6-10 to 12-4". But you have the mental capactity of a grapefruit so I'm not really surprised

Spinluck

I'm not as scared of the Pats after watching this game. I think we can actually keep it a 2 possession game if Hasslebald starts.

What else is there to say? This offense is broken. Stafford is not good. The offensive line cannot run the scheme. Honestly the defense isn't even bad. You can't expect them to do much when the offense is turning the ball over in their own territory.

I think it's funny that you can measure Calvin Johnson's downturn just by the Lions' complete lack of production.

Remember when people said Megatron wasn't the whole offense?

Another thing: if Caldwell comes out in the post game presser and once again talks about seeing good things on offense "but need to execute better" I'm done with him. This offense is broken. 3 points on Monday, 10 today. No. We don't have the personnel - ie QB, o-line, etc - to run this scheme. The offensive coordinator is trash. Get him out of here.

Lombardi should be fired on Monday.

Top Bottom