• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 5 |OT| - A Fraud’s Hankering for Some Bites

squicken

I hope you're sitting up in the stands golf clapping, Elway.

Because they are running the Tebow offense. Trying to win in spite of the quarterback. If you are going to do that, you might as well bring in a real winner like Timmy

I think it's funny that you can measure Calvin Johnson's downturn just by the Lions' complete lack of production.

Remember when people said Megatron wasn't the whole offense?

Honestly? I don't even think he's having a downturn. This is the healthiest he's been in two years. The problem is that the coaching staff has neutered the deep game. We've turned Johnson into a position receiver, basically. He catches the ball for 4-9 yards and falls down. Johnson can get open deep still. The problem is that we don't call those plays, have an o-line who can handle it, or have a QB who can hit anyone in stride consistently.

Don't believe me? Just watch next year when Johnson is more than likely playing for another team, lighting it up.

Godslay

Banned
This isn't prime Peyton anymore. It's Peyton on his last leg. I've been such a big fan of his for so long but even I can't defend this. I think this team is better than this but it's actually him that's holding them back for the first time ever.

You don't have to defend it.

PM just needs to accept the decline and buy into the offense of Kubes and his role as a game manager.

Happened with Elway, PM can do it too. Offense has to be run predicated, with Manning taking shots when he can. Dude is still trying to carry the team and it's hurting both sides of the ball. No need to bench, just accept that age has caught up to him.

BadAss2961

I hope Bill doesn't leave Brady in too long. He's getting killed back there.
rEHwsbc.jpg

Spinluck

Peyton hasn't looked great since before their Super Bowl. He fluked his way into some good games last season due to Sanders bailing him out, but even from the opening game against the Colts he looked bad.

38 going on 39 year old Manning looked like he was getting worse, and 39 year old Manning looks bad. How is this news? I'm just telling you if he was the Peyton that we were accustomed to seeing, OD would put huge numbers under him.

Sanders has been for the most part good, but last year Peyton started off the year still being able to throw a decent distance accurately.

Honestly? I don't even think he's having a downturn. This is the healthiest he's been in two years. The problem is that the coaching staff has neutered the deep game. We've turned Johnson into a position receiver, basically. He catches the ball for 4-9 yards and falls down. Johnson can get open deep still. The problem is that we don't call those plays, have an o-line who can handle it, or have a QB who can hit anyone in stride consistently.

Don't believe me? Just watch next year when Johnson is more than likely playing for another team, lighting it up.

I'm not saying that Johnson is finished, but there's a huge difference between his play this season and him jumping 5 feet in the air double covered coming down with balls.

Stafford seems just as accurate this season as he has ever been. Only difference is Johnson isn't making those ridiculous circus catches to keep the Lions in the game.

Top Bottom